AutoPatcher XP January/February 2005

Nick, I just tried to burn a CD. Everything worked fine here. Where does this error occur?

This release was made with XP SP2 in mind. However, it should be able to run on any operating system showing only the items which support the running OS.

erm... is that english windows?

its french Windows but I reboot computer and now the .exe launched (again) great and I see that when Autopatcher is loading modules

---------------------------

AutoPatcher

Erreur d'ex?cution '35601':

Element not found

OK 

So, I'll Download all the Updates I dont have from M$ website, thx a lot !!!!!

Also what OS's are supported?

585334110[/snapback]

All Windows versions are supported.. it's just the modules that come with this release should only work on XP and greater (some *might* work though)

its french Windows but I reboot computer and now the .exe launched (again) great and I see that when Autopatcher is loading modules

So, I'll Download all the Updates I dont have from M$ website, thx a lot !!!!!

585334157[/snapback]

Sorry, this release only supports English versions of Windows. :(

All Windows versions are supported.. it's just the modules that come with this release should only work on XP and greater (some *might* work though)

585334159[/snapback]

Well said! Module creator spirit!

Nick, I just tried to burn a CD. Everything worked fine here. Where does this error occur?

This release was made with XP SP2 in mind. However, it should be able to run on any operating system showing only the items which support the running OS.

585334149[/snapback]

The error occurs just after you accept the license agreement, it look like when it tries to scan for previous installs.

I tried to run the Cd on a Win2k/sp4 machine and a WinXP/sp1a machine and got the same message.

If I run the .EXE from install Dir it run on the machine I installed it on.

here is a lisy of what is installed in that Dir:

Bin - Dir

Modules - Dir

Tools - Dir

Translation - Dir

Win9xnt - Dir

autopatcher.exe

autorun.inf

is there something missing? I can still run v4.6 on Win2k from CD and it works fine.

Hi, Raptor, thanks for your reply,

i extracted the package under longhorn, no problem occurred, and installed the product,

there are some reg patches i don't understand.

1. the "speedupie" patch. what will this patch do, and what's the principles to speed up ie?

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RemoteComputer\NameSpace\{D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RemoteComputer\NameSpace\{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}]

2. what does the "winxp_dnscache" patch do?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dnscache\Parameters]

"NetFailureCacheTime"=dword:00000000

"NegativeSOACacheTime"=dword:00000000

"NegativeCacheTime"=dword:00000000

"MaxCacheTtl"=dword:00003840

"MaxNegativeCacheTtl"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]

"QueryIpMatching"=dword:00000001

thanks!~

Hi, Raptor, thanks for your reply,

i extracted the package under longhorn, no problem occurred, and installed the product,

there are some reg patches i don't understand.

1. the "speedupie" patch. what will this patch do, and what's the principles to speed up ie?

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RemoteComputer\NameSpace\{D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RemoteComputer\NameSpace\{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}]

2. what does the "winxp_dnscache" patch do?

"NetFailureCacheTime"=dword:00000000

"NegativeSOACacheTime"=dword:00000000

"NegativeCacheTime"=dword:00000000

"MaxCacheTtl"=dword:00003840

"MaxNegativeCacheTtl"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]

"QueryIpMatching"=dword:00000001

thanks!~

585334992[/snapback]

Sorry, I'm not a registry tweaker myself. I googled it up, here's what I found:

http://www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=158

http://www.tweakxp.com/article139429.aspx

http://www.petri.co.il/speed_up_lan_browsi..._windows_xp.htm

/Raptor

Hey can I get the registy undo for the task manager. I mean so when i press crtl-alt-delete it just goes there instead of the quick options menu.

585334474[/snapback]

Does AutoPatcher include such a registry tweak (to bring quick options instead of task manager)? Can you point it out? I might have missed it in the fast check I did...

Edit: Instead of using Ctrl + Alt + Del, you could bring Task Manager up directly by doing:

1. Right click on task bar and selecting Task Manager

2. Ctrl + Shift + Esc

Ran through all of the links and reported back to raptor. One link was dead, being used as an advertisement tool, apart from that everything is still up. Good job mirrors. :D

I've pulled my HTTP download of Autopatcher full for now due to the fact my server... couldn't cope with it. I'm talking about 50 requests a second total.

I'll offer it again as an FTP link when I see raptor about. :)

thanks for raptor's reply

but when there comes a windows server 2003 edition of autopatcher?

ya know there are lots of persons using server 2003 system and of many using the latest build 1289, so as there are lots of tweaks and softwares can be applied to 2003, why don't come a 2003 version of ap?!

I've pulled my HTTP download of Autopatcher full for now due to the fact my server... couldn't cope with it. I'm talking about 50 requests a second total.

I'll offer it again as an FTP link when I see raptor about:):)

585336340[/snapback]

Ours is fin:):) All working good so fa:D:D

half of the 60 Gig datatransfer I gave to mirroring APXP has been used already :o

However, I was a "seed mirror", so that might have a little to do with it...

Ok, Downloaded, Installed after i finished my format and install of xp+sp2 slipstream and everything is working exellent

and i love the new way it installs into program files and them colours are definately loads better, :D Keep up the good

work raptor and guys we need good people like you to give great things like this to us all!