AutoPatcher XP January/February 2005

I just downloaded and installed the full version on my laptop. Did some of the updates and now I can't seem to login to any of the accounts on my system. Typing in my password just gives me a "Did you forget your password?" error.

Any ideas?

maybe num lock or caps lock?

585338335[/snapback]

No, I've tried that. I even popped in ERD Commander to see if i can change the password and still no luck.

It's not a huge deal, I'm okay with reinstalling XP if I need to... but this is a weird problem.

No, I've tried that. I even popped in ERD Commander to see if i can change the password and still no luck.

It's not a huge deal, I'm okay with reinstalling XP if I need to... but this is a weird problem.

585338379[/snapback]

If it was caused by a patch included in AutoPatcher, it truely is weird.

Since this version has the ability to create modules, Just how is that possible.

I mean is there instructions on how to do this?

On a side note; Great Update though. Been using since the first one. It's been a lifesaver more than once.

Thanks

I don't get the size... I mean - on a fresh XP installation - should I first go for the last version, and then this one?

Anyway - appreciate your work on this very much :D

Big Thanx !

If it was caused by a patch included in AutoPatcher, it truely is weird.

585338538[/snapback]

I was able to get back into my account using "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" by blanking the password.

My guess was it could have been the User Accounts 2 module maybe? I don't know because the password was working just fine before I installed autopatcher.

I was able to get back into my account using "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" by blanking the password.

My guess was it could have been the User Accounts 2 module maybe? I don't know because the password was working just fine before I installed autopatcher.

585339460[/snapback]

user accounts 2 just adds a control panel item that gives access to a second user configuration area, should be the cause of the problem

I don't get the size... I mean - on a fresh XP installation - should I first go for the last version, and then this one?

Anyway - appreciate your work on this very much :D

Big Thanx !

585339200[/snapback]

This is for Windows XP SP2 systems. Previous releases were for XP SP1.

someboday can help me to slove this problem?

585339248[/snapback]

it is really the problem. im using server 2003 rc1, it couldn't extract any more,, just popped up a msgbox as i mentioned before. and when i extracted the files under longhorn and come back to 2003 build 1289, the same problem came up as demonstrated in the legend.

but you can install separated patches despite the wizard.

what was the wrong? and how to resolve that ?!

post-87314-1106470933.jpg

Your on a Dual Xeon duh:p:p

Dunno why but Apache locks up every so often...

585337088[/snapback]

Yeha on mine too, Raptor ive had to take mine down as clients are complaining, im looking into another way so give me tim:p:p

Since this version has the ability to create modules, Just how is that possible.

I mean is there instructions on how to do this?

On a side note; Great Update though. Been using since the first one.  It's been a lifesaver more than once.

Thanks

585338723[/snapback]

Theres a post on AutoPatcher's Blog that walks you through how to create modules :)

user accounts 2 just adds a control panel item that gives access to a second user configuration area, should be the cause of the problem

585339551[/snapback]

sorry i meant shouldnt

Hey guys im havin kinda the same prob w/ the patcher.. im runnin on windows media center edition 2005...

it shows up this right here when i run the autorun:

post-87314-1106470933.jpg

then when i press whts supposed to be the "accept" or "yes" button on the left, it pops up a window sayin "Run-time error '55' File already open". Anyone have any suggestions? :(

Thx

I really cant understand why translations won't load. I just installed tested AutoPatcher on a fresh install of Media Center 2005, and there was no problem at all. :s I even tried unregistering the ocx and dll files, but it would still work...

"Error 35601" "Element not found".

Language : Turkish

Firewall : No

585342662[/snapback]

try using the /English switch

Hmm, I'm in the process of installing AutoPatcher 2005. So far the download went well, and the extraction too, but I cannot understand why on the first page of this thread the MD5 does not match mine.

78A061F2813A5DAF61CA9C6869F9927E

I downloaded the file from the torrents aj-design created. I don't think that matters.

edit: I just finished installing AutoPatcher 2005 on a WinXP Home Edition with SP2 (fresh installation), and I did not have any username created on the Welcome window, when I click FINISH to reboot computer after AutoPatcher installation, the Welcome window came up with the name OWNER, I clicked on it and logged me to windows. :huh:

I read someone saying something about the system asked for a password after installing AutoPatcher. It did not ask me for password, but it did change the welcome window and added a username. :wacko:

Edited by EZRecovery