AutoPatcher XP January/February 2005

In first, tanks for your existing :D and sorry for my english..

Im sugesting you to use a sfx off 7-Zip to distribute AutoPatcher. Because i have compact AutoPatcher XP Jan2005 Lite in SFX of 7z format using Ultra compression, dictionary size 255 (with 7-Zip 4.14 Beta), and final size is 25,1 MB (the original have 30,7 MB).

The reduction of size is helpfull for quick downloads, and for the hosters.. ;) and finally for the users.. ;)

Tanks in advance.. and sorry for my english..

My web site was suspended because of mirroring this! WTF?! I am signed up with their highest account hosting plan (a $40/mo plan)! So I guess you will need to remove my mirror :( Lol I guess their server crashed because of too many requests

Hi,

We have had to suspend your account ? statuspc.com

The server had to be rebooted as it was failing to respond due to the extremely high number of requests to download the files from ap.statuspc.com.

The account will be unsuspended on the conditions that you either remove the file from download sites such as fileforum.betanews.com or the file is removed from your account.

Regards,

--------

IdleServ Support

http://www.idleserv.net

That shows ya the quality and desire for AutoPatche;);)

Lol: attached is my servers graph at idleserv:

post-54000-1106336492.jpg

Edited by SkyyPunk

Not sure what forum to post this in but APXP is/has been/always will be awesome! How do you select(check the box) for modules listed in AP-it loads the modules I want to load but half of em are unchecked. Old APXP would let you save as defaults... Any reply would be great!

hu ?? great Job sure. But I download it and install it ok ? then I launch the AutoPatcher in X:\\Program Files etc...

and I get an Active X error ?!!!

I never used it before, its the first time, I want some help to install the M$ Update...

Thanks a lot !!

(I'm french....)

Edited by dreamon

and to be fair to idleserv, they were very nice about the whole situation. They said they dont care about the bandwidth, but because the server was uploading at 3MB/s (3 megabytes/s), it just crawled and crashed because it was also getting many requests...I think I will be moving to a dedicated server :)

Hey,

Sorry if this was already brought up, I didn't see it anywhere. But, I downloaded the full version.. from the first mirror, and installed it and it went to C:\autopatcher

Then I ran the Exe and it came up and said that It was for SP1, and that I had SP2 or something. I am added the pic as an attachment so you can see what I'm talking about. I thought this was mainly made for SP2? Did I get the wrong file or something? Thanx for the help.

Chris post-52806-1106340484_thumb.jpg

It seems that you downloaded the old version. Look at the start of the thread for January version download links.

That version can be used on any versions of Windows, and will not throw such warning.

I downloaded it from https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=274125

down where the links start, the first link for the FULL VERSION "MIRROR PROVIDED BY HOMER" that is the one that I clicked on. Isn't there a program that can check the MD5 of files? I know I used to have it, but I can't find it anywhere.

EDIT---

Also, this is the name of the EXE that it extracted to my Autopatcher Dir.

AutoPatcher_XP_Jan2005_Full.exe

Which is Jan 2005

Hmmm that is weired

EDIT AGAIN- hehe

sorry, that is the name of the file that I downloaded.. not the name of the file that was added to my autopatcher Dir

dreamon, can you post a screenshot of the error or a better description? when error comes up, hit Ctrl + C on your keyboard and paste it here

I downloaded it from https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=274125

down where the links start, the first link for the FULL VERSION "MIRROR PROVIDED BY HOMER" that is the one that I clicked on. Isn't there a program that can check the MD5 of files? I know I used to have it, but I can't find it anywhere.

585333820[/snapback]

Well, that link points to Jan2005 release... But in the screenshot, you are running an old release... Maybe you got confused somehow?

When the download finished, did you run the file? If so, did you install it with default options? It should be in C:\Program Files\AutoPatcher...

Well, that link points to Jan2005 release... But in the screenshot, you are running an old release... Maybe you got confused somehow?

When the download finished, did you run the file? If so, did you install it with default options? It should be in C:\Program Files\AutoPatcher...

585333841[/snapback]

Yea, the name of the file that I downloaded was AutoPatcher_XP_Jan2005_Full.exe also.. weired

I am goin to try to download it again from another mirror. But about the MD5 thing, isn't there a way to check the MD5 of a file? A program to do it or something, that way I will know if it is the right file or not the next time I download it.

ok, I found a program that checks the MD5 of a file, It is called acutefinder.. and I have downloaded it again from another Mirror. I am goin to install it again after I get back from town. I will let you know if something is wrong again.. Thanx for all the help.

dreamon: I really have no idea what the problem could be. You could try this:

1. You got admin rights?

2. Under AutoPatcher folder, there's a bin folder. In the bin folder, select all files

3. Now, copy them over to your system32 folder (usually C:\Windows\system32) replacing any older files.

4. If the same error comes up, go Start -> Run and type (exactly as you see it):

regsvr32 "%systemroot%\system32\ssubtmr6.dll"

Again, Start - Run:

regsvr32 "%systemroot%\system32\comctl32.ocx"

And lastly Start -Run:

regsvr32 "%systemroot%\system32\mscomctl.ocx"

It *should* work.

LovingU & Keldyn:

I tested AutoPatcher on Windows 2003 a little while ago. No problems whatsoever. Everything went as expected.

1. Installer started perfectly, installed normally.

2. AutoPatcher *started* perfectly, detected Windows 2003 Standard (English).

3. AutoPatcher loaded only what's available for Windows 2003 from the XPSP2 release (yes, some patches work on 2003 as well).

Here's the screenshot: Notice that some patches which only apply to XP SP2 do not show up. However, things which apply to 2003, show up normally!

post-10533-1106343723_thumb.jpg

how odd; this happens when no translations (not even the english one) were found. Check "translations" sub-folder. Can you try to force english (/english switch)?

I too am having a small problem. From reading one of the earlier posts, you (Raptor) said you could just burn the C:\Program File\Autopatcher Dir to a CD for offline use. When I did that I got this error message:

Run-time Error 5

Invalid Procedure Call or Argument

Also what OS's are supported?