A List of Apps, Reviewed

What about eMule Morph?

When I was searching for the best eMule client, the majority of ppl said the Morph mod was the best one :wacko:

Anyone know about this client and how it compares to the other versions out there?

Also which P2P client is the best if you could chose just one?

I don't mind installing multiple p2p clients on my computer, but which one would you recommend to a friend or family member? I used to recommend Kazaa Lite Resurrection because of the fast searches and downloads, but it seems like there are too many junk files on it now.

So if you aren't looking for super-rare files and just want to get that song on the billboard top100 as quickly as possible, with the best quality.. which client would you use?

TIA,

-Quickstrike

Edited by Quickstrike

funny you should ask martyn...

updated to v. 0.23

Recent Changes

- fixed up visual a little

- updated the p2p section, almost every app (added soulseek, winmx, filedevil and blubster)

- added many more apps to test and reviewed a couple also (nlite, xplite, rainlendar, picasa..)

- added Ad/Popup Blocking section

- many minor changes

585649783[/snapback]

Have you looked at the two I suggested yet?

Also which P2P client is the best if you could chose just one?

I don't mind installing multiple p2p clients on my computer, but which one would you recommend to a friend or family member? I used to recommend Kazaa Lite Resurrection because of the fast searches and downloads, but it seems like there are too many junk files on it now.

So if you aren't looking for super-rare files and just want to get that song on the billboard top100 as quickly as possible, with the best quality.. which client would you use?

TIA,

-Quickstrike

585656040[/snapback]

ares

couple worth adding would be

Tugzip (freeware and supports multiple compression techniques too many to list, i was a winrar fanboy until i tried this.

Tugzippage

VOIP and chatting i cant recc Skype enough, and its p2p ftp facilty is one of the fastest ive found (30kb/sec to my mate via our 1mbit adsl 1024 down, 256up)

I agree with your tuneup utils 2004 it replaced xsetup/tuneXP/cacheman on my machines.

I change my icons & visual style/login screens using tuneup util 2k4 it rules :D

and Gowcra im not stalking you honest! :woot: total fluke!

Really? DCplusplus rocks! i've been using it for less than a month and I've doubled my music collection. It's a great app.

585377243[/snapback]

sharing 100gb+ to dwonload on a network is way way tooo high if u ask me

slimy, i think u should try this internet tweaking app. its boosted my internet.

the App is called Cablenut.

http://www.cablenut.com/

585680915[/snapback]

looks good, thx

:angry: im sorry but your list is VERY biased.

585680935[/snapback]

ok... mind explaining? i say in the post that it's based on my needs and shouldn't be considered your only source of info

couple worth adding would be

Tugzip (freeware and supports multiple compression techniques too many to list, i was a winrar fanboy until i tried this.

Tugzippage

VOIP and chatting i cant recc Skype enough, and its p2p ftp facilty is one of the fastest ive found (30kb/sec to my mate via our 1mbit adsl 1024 down, 256up)

I agree with your tuneup utils 2004 it replaced xsetup/tuneXP/cacheman on my machines.

I change my icons & visual style/login screens using tuneup util 2k4 it rules :D

and Gowcra im not stalking you honest!  :woot: total fluke!

585681162[/snapback]

thx for your post, will look into

some good stuff there. i would disagree with some, such as the limewire slow download speeds thing.

585681781[/snapback]

in comparison with others, might be different on your computer ;)

avast runs like 4 services and take up almost 50 megs of ram where with norton antivirus 2002 it takes maybe 5-15 ram,norton systemworks takes like 40 ram,xplite is worth it as you can reinstall what you take out and it's worth the 50 bucks but with nlite you can't,it's better to have a spyware app running all the time as if it catches something it will tell you instead of having to run it manualy.avg is crap as it used to detect system files as viruses(they were not)i had to format,7zip is a good free alternative to winrar.www.7zip.com .

looks good, thx

ok... mind explaining? i say in the post that it's based on my needs and shouldn't be considered your only source of info

thx for your post, will look into

in comparison with others, might be different on your computer ;)

585688465[/snapback]

Slimy, have you looked at my two yet?:

Downloads-http://tinyurl.com/3zktl , http://tinyurl.com/6low8

avast runs like 4 services and take up almost 50 megs of ram

585693081[/snapback]

Avast only uses that much if you enable all the pointless services, like p2p scanner. The resident scanner is enough to pick up anything that's executed, or created.

I found it uses no more than 15 max in total on my system.

avast runs like 4 services and take up almost 50 megs of ram where with norton antivirus 2002 it takes maybe 5-15 ram,norton systemworks takes like 40 ram,xplite is worth it as you can reinstall what you take out and it's worth the 50 bucks but with nlite you can't,it's better to have a spyware app running all the time as if it catches something it will tell you instead of having to run it manualy.avg is crap as it used to detect system files as viruses(they were not)i had to format,7zip is a good free alternative to winrar.www.7zip.com .

585693081[/snapback]

it is not wise to use an old av, even if it uses less memory, i didn't say xplite was bad, i just said i wouldn't pay the money, when did i say not to run a spyware app all the time, thx for the 7zip link

Slimy, have you looked at  my two yet?:

Downloads-http://tinyurl.com/3zktl , http://tinyurl.com/6low8

585708210[/snapback]

sorry, haven't had a chance, I will get around to them, promise ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I like Kceasy more than Ares simply because it connects to ares and gnutella and has a wider range of appz.

Also Azereus > bitcomet imo.

And how bout

Advanced System Optimizer. That too has some nice stuff with it.

As for Download Managers

give flashget a shot

For ftp give flashfxp/smarftp

For Reg apps

Regsupreme (creators of jv16)

RegMedic

RegMechanic

Reghealer

You can review those

As for DVD tools

DVDDecrypter

DvdShrink

Vdub + Mod

AUtoGK

gspot

TMPGenc

mpegmodifer

divxfix

dvd rebuilder

vcdgear

avimux

besweet

All the above are freeware

an interesting read, which made me download a couple of apps, so thanks for your efforts!

585736106[/snapback]

your welcome :)

LOve the P2P reviews

585737201[/snapback]

still have a couple of apps to go through, but thanx!

Don't you have to pay for X-Setup or am I missing something here?

585789142[/snapback]

i'm not too sure how v7 works, but 6.6 was free, will have to double check that

Lots of suggestions

585789965[/snapback]

thx for your post :D

updated to v. 0.25

RECENT CHANGES

Visual update, Worth A Shot, Don't Waste Your Time

updated eMule, blubster, limewire, spybot, ad-aware, ms antispyware, winpatrol, hijackthis, ccleaner, wcleaner, x-setup,

added Burning section, winwall, neoshooter, cablenut, bsuite

added more apps to do