A List of Apps, Reviewed

It doesn't support password protected RAR archives, and doesn't properly extract archives in folders with non-English characters in its name. As for the rest I don't know since they didn't affect me. But the general consensus on many websites is that TUGZip still has too many bugs, and I for one agree (the author himself concurs).

^ Thanks for the info, but those are pretty specific bugs. However, until I find free software that can do .rar, .iso and many other archives as fast as Tugzip, I won't be changing. I haven't personally had problems with it, and I expect that v4 will be much better as they have been working on it for quite a while.

^ Thanks for the info, but those are pretty specific bugs. However, until I find free software that can do .rar, .iso and many other archives as fast as Tugzip, I won't be changing. I haven't personally had problems with it, and I expect that v4 will be much better as they have been working on it for quite a while.

AFAIK most of the bugs will be sorted out, yes. But I don't think it'll be able to open password protected RAR archives anytime soon :no: :( For that matter I have to use 7-zip or ZipGenius.

I've got an update coming up in a few days, nothing major. I'm considering making an html version of the list, what do you guys think?

For what purpose?

Great idear with an HTML list instead. I use many of your recommended programs, so all thumbsup from me to your list.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I will probably make the html version a side-project for this summer. The reason it will be available so late is that I am very busy nowadays, with school and all. However, I will continue on with the updates! :)

TuneXP is my only used software....cannot tell a differance on with system.

But on the older 1.9Ghz p4 it makes a amazing proformances change and boots fasters then my system =[ damn it!

• 4 weeks later...

Slimy, got a comment on some of your reviews.

7-Zip now has support for .iso files so you can update that.

And Registry First Aid doesn't adds itself to the startup if you purchase it. I have it and it's a pretty damn good program.

Slimy, got a comment on some of your reviews.

7-Zip now has support for .iso files so you can update that.

And Registry First Aid doesn't adds itself to the startup if you purchase it. I have it and it's a pretty damn good program.

Will fix on the next update!

Thanks for the reviews.

It was pretty helpful. :)

No problem :)

Thanks, but....were you bored?? :whistle:

Just a little bit :p

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will try to update the whole thread again in a while, school is starting to kick in again. Probably on the Victoria Long Weekend. However, I have updated the p2p section, thanks to mAcOdIn, our new forum mod :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...