do you smoke ?

531 members have voted

1. 1. do you smoke ?

• chain smoker
    • social smoker
    • no

nope...its a digusting habit imo.

I hate it when the person walking in front of me is smoking, they leave a big trail of :x If you're gonna do it at least smoke of the good stuff ;) :p

I don't smoke....here's the reason why.

My mother smoked like a chimney when I was growing up....until one day when she went to the doctor for a routine physical....the doctor said he didn't like what he heard when he checked her breathing, so he ordered a chest X-ray... when the X-ray came back, it showed an area about the size of a quarter, and he pointed to it and said to my mother, "That's all the healthy lung you have left!"  He basically told Mom that she would be dead in a year or less unless she quit immediately.  :cry: 

After hearing that story, I was convinced that I would never touch cigarettes.

Besides which, it stinks, and smells worse afterwards....  :p

585454924[/snapback]

Did she...live?

smoked from the age of 17 to age 25 (could years ago).

Do not have the desire ever to start again (unless unforeseen trips to Iraq change my mind).

Funny what working in the medical field does to ya (in regards to seeing how cigarettes have affected others).

Oooh I just came from a friends house smoking some serious waterpipe! Mmm tastes so good.

The topics doesn't say what smoke. Do I smoke ciggarettes? No way. 1) It stinks. 2) It's bad for your. Do I smoke weed? Nope, illegal. Do I smoke waterpipe? Yes occasionally, especial on partys etc.

*sigh* Sadly, yes I am. Father smoked, mother smoked, brother smoked. I smoke. It just kind of happened really.

585456242[/snapback]

Doesn't mean it has to go on though. You're your own person aren't you?