Friend getting me mad about cars..

all you guys say civics are rice. There are civics that aren't, and can easily beat a viper. You say it costs $20,000 + $50,000 to mod a civic? Try $5000 + $15,000 to beat most cars on the road. If you tune it right, they can be very good race cars, drag or track. And it would be much cheaper than buying a stock performance car. The only reason to get a car like a viper or an M3 would be for more comfort, style, and exclusiveness. If you want pure performance, a civic can give you that for much less. You guys need to learn to stop saying every civic or Japanese car is rice.

585486040[/snapback]

so if i wanted to get "pure performance" i'd buy a civic and mod it, but if i wanted style and comfort i'd get a Viper or an M3?

seriously, look at what ur saying. Even if i had a civic that could beat any Viper or M3, you'd still be driving a friggin civic. Big whoop, every 2nd car on the road is a civic, and even then a $5000 turbo (which my cousin has in a Protege 3) wont beat a lot of the cars on the road.

so if i wanted to get "pure performance" i'd buy a civic and mod it, but if i wanted style and comfort i'd get a Viper or an M3?

seriously, look at what ur saying.  Even if i had a civic that could beat any Viper or M3, you'd still be driving a friggin civic. Big whoop, every 2nd car on the road is a civic, and even then a $5000 turbo (which my cousin has in a Protege 3) wont beat a lot of the cars on the road.

585487436[/snapback]

No, if you wanted to get "pure performance for a lot less" you'd get a Civic over a Viper or an M3. Learn to read the whole post instead of jumping instantly to Quick Reply when you've only read half.

No, if you wanted to get "pure performance for a lot less" you'd get a Civic over a Viper or an M3. Learn to read the whole post instead of jumping instantly to Quick Reply when you've only read half.

585487480[/snapback]

HAHA!!!

NO.... you would get a mustang GT and mod it. You got to start on a good platform. Civics are great cars but not for going fast.

:sleep:

Fast civics fine... I really don't have a problem with those, but this kids way into him self by thinking he can beat a viper with only a CAI and ECU mod.

Ones I DO have a problem with are the lowered huge rim ones... they are a traffic hazard. Every pot hole or snow bank they slam on the breaks to make sure they don't scrape or bend a rim.... don't even get me started on when they go over train tracks. Sometimes I think they do it just to be cool.

But performance related... there has to be a better way to get some horse power out of your exhaust then getting one of those annoying fart cans. ugh.

About the post that says you can mod a civic pretty cheap.. under 15,000.

What would some of those mods be???

dodge viper lol

if u want a fast car, look into the Mercedes Mclaren 2005 SLR 5.4L V8 supercharged twin-intercooler.

;)

0-62 in 3 seconds, 313mph max

600 horsepower

it's made to be a 'street' car too, so u can go and do ur shopping without having **** steering becasue your only going at 50mph

dodge viper lol

if  u  want a fast car, look into the Mercedes Mclaren 2005 SLR 5.4L V8 supercharged twin-intercooler.

;)

600 horsepower

it's made to be a 'street' car too, so u can go and do ur shopping without having **** steering becasue your only going at 50mph

585487736[/snapback]

lol i dont think u mean 313mph maybe 213mph lol

About the only Civic that could even come close to a Viper on a drag strip is one with an engine swap. They are not fast cars, and boosting them is gonna lead to a blown engine a lot quicker than a stock Viper.

There are some Japanese cars that can easily give a Viper a run for it's money well tuned. RX-7s, Supras, Evo, WRXs, Skylines, some of the old Zs well tuned could hold with it on the strip or on the track.

A better comparison would be a SRT-4 with about $10k worth of mods and a Viper, that at least has a turbo engine from the factory, and a well built engine.

Fast civics fine... I really don't have a problem with those, but this kids way into him self  But performance related... there has to be a better way to get some horse power out of your exhaust then getting one of those annoying fart cans. ugh.

585487719[/snapback]

the annoying fart can does nothing for performace, just the dumbasses don't know how to tune their exhaust by getting a resonator to cut of the nasty sounding raspyness. plus its a honda so no matter what its going to sound like ****.

I've done extensive mods to my Chevy cavalier and I still have not done an exhaust but yet my car sounds deep, so its not that all 4 bangers sound like that, just civics are far far worse.

I personally own an srt-10 and I can preatty much guarantee no civic would own this - the 04/05 viper rivals ferrari and lambo...how can a rice-rocket be even compared to this... :blink:

btw the gs that the viper pulls...for those of you who have been in a 737 jet as its about to take off...its kinda like that but more *umph* :pinch:  :ninja:

585485749[/snapback]

Im not sure about ferrari lambo and viper. ferrari and lambo are more of exotic cars. stock they only pack around 375HP. they are more for the look then speed. viper is a modern muscle car. I keep telling my friend that civics suck but he just keeps saying how he would put a Honda CRV motor with vtec into his crx shell and whip any car just because every other car weighs more...i cant stand his talking. i got to find a really good thing to tell him so that he can finally shut his mouth.

Im not sure about ferrari lambo and viper. ferrari and lambo are more of exotic cars. stock they only pack around 375HP. they are more for the look then speed. viper is a modern muscle car. I keep telling my friend that civics suck but he just keeps saying how he would put a Honda CRV motor with vtec into his crx shell and whip any car just because every other car weighs more...i cant stand his talking. i got to find a really good thing to tell him so that he can finally shut his mouth.

This guy really needs to understand that it's not going to be that easy. You can't just stick a CRV motor in a civic and beat everything on the road. Some people will never understand what it really takes to build a car, and these are people I generally don't argue with because they don't have the intelligence to relize their mistake.

Sure, hondas are fun, and built right there are a few 12, and 10 second hondas that would take down exotics, but these people have poured money into these things to make them that fast. I also hate the talk of "it's a muscle car, it beats anything." Many of people have told me that because it has a V8 in it, it owns everything, no matter what year V8. That's also a bunch of crap.

And no, I don't mean to bash honda's, I love the cars, they are just plain fun, but they are meant more for things like autocross and such, not drag racing because of their weight advantage and suspension options.

Either way I'll still take my skyline because of it's suspension options and power, stupid U.S. :p

Best answer for dumb car people: don't argue with your mouth, show them with your car ;)

Fast civics fine... I really don't have a problem with those, but this kids way into him self  by thinking he can beat a viper with only a CAI and ECU mod.

Ones I DO have a problem with are the lowered huge rim ones... they are a traffic hazard. Every pot hole or snow bank they slam on the breaks to make sure they don't scrape or bend a rim.... don't even get me started on when they go over train tracks. Sometimes I think they do it just to be cool.

But performance related... there has to be a better way to get some horse power out of your exhaust then getting one of those annoying fart cans. ugh.

About the post that says you can mod a civic pretty cheap.. under 15,000.

What would some of those mods be???

585487719[/snapback]

FART CANS!!!! rofl :rofl: wow dude sorry but i fell out of my chair here at work reading that thanks (Y)

woot i was able to find some pics on my server of his civic

here they are friends

<Civic Pictures>

585487858[/snapback]

Are you sure that's your friend's? Because you said all he has is CAI and some ECU mods, but I see exhaust and an intercooler. Still though, he can't beat a Viper with that. There's no way.

the annoying fart can does nothing for performace, just the dumbasses don't know how to tune their exhaust by getting a resonator to cut of the nasty sounding raspyness. plus its a honda so no matter what its going to sound like ****.

I've done extensive mods to my Chevy cavalier and I still have not done an exhaust but yet my car sounds deep, so its not that all 4 bangers sound like that, just civics are far far worse.

585487780[/snapback]

It all depends on what they get. A muffler of course wouldn't do a damned thing, but if you get a cat-back exhaust, high-flow catalytic converter, and headers, then it would definitely give you some better performance.

BTW, I too hate the high-pitched exhaust. I like a nice, deep sound. And it's not just Civics; anybody can put a high-pitched muffler or exhaust on his/her car, no matter what kind it is. It just happens to be that Civics are the most tuned import car so therefore you associate them with it the most.

585487816[/snapback]

wrong

the gallardo itself packs

Max. output 499.9 PS (493.0 bhp) (367.6 kW)

@7800 rpm

Max. torque 510.0 Nm (376 lbft) (52 kgm)

@4500 rpm

source: http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/id/?id=107712

the murcielago packs

Max. output 580 PS (572.0 bhp) (426.5 kW)

@7500 rpm

Max. torque 650.0 Nm (479 lbft) (66.3 kgm)

@5400 rpm

source: http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/id/?id=87791

infact, the countache is the last model to actually get only 375 horsepower. The differences though between a civic with 375 horses and a countache, are the powerbands, and the fact the countache will have a LOT more torque at lower RPMs. It will STILL decimate a civic with the same horsepower or even till probably 500+ horsepower, even then it will rely a lot on tranny, clutch, etc.

I used to toy with the idea of building up an import, but after driving heavily modified imports and some high end cars, I VERY quickly ditched that idea. The handling is far superior, acceleration is much better, as is top speed. Don't get me wrong, I still wanna buy a supra, but I'll never expect it to be a supercar, because it can never be one...and it's still got LOADS more going for it than a civic.

Corvette would beat the Viper.

585488361[/snapback]

watch the races, the corvette is a lot better than the previous model, but it still loses to the viper in general (of course the occasional win, but in general the viper still kills it).

dodge viper lol

if  u  want a fast car, look into the Mercedes Mclaren 2005 SLR 5.4L V8 supercharged twin-intercooler.

;)

600 horsepower

585487736[/snapback]

313 might be a theoretical limit based on gearing. But I doubt that also.

Anyway those cars are what? 300,000 - 400,000. A viper is still under 100 grand or close to it.

I realy like the mercedes too though. I wouldn't mind having a SL55 AMG. :)

Viper is a "street" car too. I doubt either of these are cushy though. :p

Oh and that 'intercooler' is probably his cold air induction. The civic is the ultimate posermobile. He just needs a blow off valve speaker and one of those fake purge valves that shoot mist out the grill. lol.

Edited by randy_tho

watch the races, the corvette is a lot better than the previous model, but it still loses to the viper in general (of course the occasional win, but in general the viper still kills it).

585488739[/snapback]

IIRC, Chevy has the lead in American LeMans races over Dodge. But, IMO, Porsche has them both beat.

313 might be a theoretical limit based on gearing. But I doubt that also.

Anyway those cars are what? 300,000 - 400,000. A viper is still under 100 grand or close to it.

585488779[/snapback]

No way, over 250mph would take a lot of horsepower just to kill the wind resistance. Like, 1000 hp and some serious downforce. Not to mention, you need some place to actually go straight for that far!

And a McLaren F1 will easily go for $1 million now.