Mac Mini!

Hey,

Just thought I'd post that I have just ordered a Mac Mini, I've wanted one for quite a while now and then when Radish said he was ordering one it pushed me over the edge and I went into want overdrive.

Made the plunge, I would have gone and bought it directly from PCWorld but they didn't have it in stock, and I'm not going to Staples in central London (especially seeing a cab ride would be ?36) so I have just ordered it from PCWorld's online store, if I'm lucky (which I'm usually not) then it should be here in a few days, if I'm not so lucky it'll be here in 5-7 days which is their standard delivery time.

I will buy a ram upgrade for it at some point, but has anybody got tips for me to start with?

I can't wait!:happy::

Damn wish I saw that now, too late. Bleh.

I'll wait, it'll just hype me up:p:p

585480821[/snapback]

No problems buddy, the only problems I have seen with my mini is that safari occasionaly goes a bit schizo, and it can take a while to render several tabbed pages at the same time.

Not really a biggy, but can get on your nerves somewhat (Im using 512 memory btw - get 1gig if you can afford it).

couldn't you have got a train / bus?

585480888[/snapback]

lol maybe he could of ,,, maybe he wants the more executaive way to travel & trust me the way the underground is going , it would be cheaper to get a taxi :whistle:

585480888[/snapback]

I'd feel slightly uncomfterble walking about London with an expensive bit of kit.

so you got one just because radish did... is there something you're not telling us :p

585480893[/snapback]

He made me jelous. :cry:

forster, I'm going to stick 512mb in it when I get a chance, and 1gb at a later date. :happy:

bought mine from pcworld for ?360 the 1.42ghz model- they had 1 in stock.. and i grabbed it..:DD

i've put in a 512mb corsair mem- big speed increase over general apps.. photoshop loads much faster- but it does tend to slow down when u have 3-4apps and 3 windows open. For this reason i'm gonna get some kingston 1gb mem module.

btw my mac mini came with samsung pc3200 mem.

bought mine from pcworld for ?360 the 1.42ghz model- they had 1 in stock.. and i grabbed it..:DD

i've put in a 512mb corsair mem- big speed increase over general apps.. photoshop loads much faster- but it does tend to slow down when u have 3-4apps and 3 windows open. For this reason i'm gonna get some kingston 1gb mem module.

btw my mac mini came with samsung pc3200 mem.

585481132[/snapback]

Did you get a discount on your purchase Elite? It seems to be ?399 for the 1.42ghz model in PC World round my way....

Also, can anyone of you guys confirm how well World of Warcraft runs on the mini? Frames per second would be nic:):)

Did you get a discount on your purchase Elite?  It seems to be ?399 for the 1.42ghz model in PC World round my way....

I got a discount on my bundle : Standard 1.42Ghz version with the following additions...

Airport

Bluetooth

Wireless Keyboard

Wireless Mouse

...RAM, Optical drive and HDD as stock values.

Would have cost ?538.98 but got it for ?485.60 instead - approx 10% cheaper. Will put the money I save towards a 1Gb stick instead. Was going to go for the updated PowerBooks but decided to try this out for a while instead. All I have to do now is wait for another 2 - 3 weeks for Apple Online to build and ship it to :yes:es:

585480888[/snapback]

Yea, i was thinking that too lol :happy:

How viable would it be for someone to upgrade the memory on their own? I read a guide somewhere which I thought I'd bookmarked which showed how to get the thing open which talked about it but thats about all I know. They look really nice, and seem like a nice way to make at least a mini switch.