Mac Mini!

I ordered on the 31st from Apple and it's been about 17 days for me. Still hasn't shipped. Hopefully soon :|

585483705[/snapback]

yeah been 12 days for me :( still waiting though ;( does apple send an email when it ships ?

yeah been 12 days for me :( still waiting though ;(  does apple send an email when it ships ?

585483780[/snapback]

Yes they do. I'm always checking my e-mail and the order status page just to make sure tho.

Toms Hardware Review

Here is a GREAT review of the mac mini for the people that are interested in it.  Toms Hardware did it and I think what every review they do is worth your 5 minutes to read!

585492602[/snapback]

Worth reading just for this:

During testing, our Mac mini was able to shine in this respect, drawing a mere 20 watts of power; during DVD playback, this rose to only 28 W. In contrast, the power requirements of current Intel-based PC systems is anything but reasonable - under comparable conditions, these power-hungry machines draw up to 160 W, as tests in our THG lab have shown.

I didnt know that at all, thanks for the link (Y)

Only 20w? My god that ****ing owns, I thought it'd pull about 40w idle and 82w at max load (in the spec sheet) but thats brilliant! Should only cost a few quid a year to run 24/7! :D

Can the mac mini take a 2 gig stick of ram??

I would love to get one but just don't think 1 gig of ram is enough.....

I do understand the concept of the mac mini thou.....Thanks

585495491[/snapback]

Its a Mac mini dude, if youre gonna be doing ANYTHING that requires 2 gigs of ram Id go ahead and get a G5. :huh:

Apple's ship times are really messed up with new systems that come out, or updated ones. There is such a high demand for them. My PowerBook shipped a day later than what it was supposed to. Now, on the flip side, a few days before it shipped, I ordered some accesories, one of them being an iCurve which wasn't supposed to ship until 7-10 buisness days after ordering, everything including that shipped the day after I ordered them. Systems generally take longer to ship out, and with updated or new ones, even longer.

Today I went into the computer store at my university to ask when they were expecting to get some mac mini's and to my suprise they had some in stock. So I ended up getting one today! This thing is friggin sweet.

Only 20w? My god that ****ing owns, I thought it'd pull about 40w idle and 82w  at max load (in the spec sheet) but thats brilliant! Should only cost a few quid a year to run 24/7!:D:D

585492772[/snapback]

quid

hahahhah

Can the mac mini take a 2 gig stick of ram??

I would love to get one but just don't think 1 gig of ram is enough.....

A quick glance at Newegg shows the cheapest price for a brand new 2Gb stick costs almost as much as the MacMini itself :o

A quick glance at Newegg shows the cheapest price for a brand new 2Gb stick costs almost as much as the MacMini itself :o

585498247[/snapback]

Yeah I see that :(

But would it work?