Mac Mini!

Did anyone else that ordered from Apple Online US/UK/Aus experience approx 1 week delay between receiving an "Acknowledgement" and a "Confirmation" email?  :unsure:

585523943[/snapback]

If we're talking about the same thing, mine came in about a day.

maybe you should ring up apple and tell them that you have not been charge for the apple mini that is being shipped to you, like any good christian boy would do

iLife '05 came on a seperate DVD for me too, but it was already installed so I didn't have to.

585525567[/snapback]

The Mac mini comes preinstalled with iLife '04 right? And they give you the '05 DVD. You may want to pop it in and upgrade.

Some Mac minis now come with iLife 05 installed. In this case they do not include the iLife 05 DVD. It is however located on the restore discs which should be labled version 1.1. The mini's that came with a sperate iLife DVD are version 1.0.

SHIPPED!

With FedEx, my mini should be home 02/25/2005 (Tomorrow!).  Taking a day off....

I hope that everyone else will get their mini soon!

:yes:  :cool:  :yes:  :D

585525779[/snapback]

OH WELL, FedEx are no faster than Purolator it seems. The tracking now give me a ?estimate? delevery time for monday 02/28/2005. I hate this.... :angry:y:

I'm the real mac mini, yes I'm the real mini, so all you other fake mini's are just imatatin' so won't the real mini now please stand up, please stand up.

(i dont know why but I just had the urge to say that, sounds good too if you say it properly)

OH WELL, FedEx are no faster than Purolator it seems.  The tracking now give me a ?estimate? delevery time for monday 02/28/2005.  I hate this.... :angry:y:

585531549[/snapback]

mine gave me the estimated delivery of the 25th ... got mine the 23rd, and on the box that apple sent, it said the delivery date was the 23rd ...

My delivery is on its way from a to b to c to ... since almost a week. :(

Interesting fact is that on Apple's site it only says that the wireless keyboard is being shipped, where on the order details it states that everything ships as a whole when the order is complete (eg. Mac mini plus keyboard). I'm looking forward if I only get the keyboard next week without the mini, or if the tracking page is just plain wrong.

Did anyone else that ordered from Apple Online US/UK/Aus experience approx 1 week delay between receiving an "Acknowledgement" and a "Confirmation" email??:unsure::

585523943[/snapback]

Well, today I received the invoice for my bundle via snail mail and so I decided to check my online status and I found this...

macship2yx.gif

...looks like I should get my lot of wireless keyb+mouse and mac in the first half of the coming week - just over 2 weeks from ordering:))

Finaly, I got my mini friday at 6pm... Had to get it from FedEx depot.

It's small, half the size of a Nintendo GameCube. Silent in operation except for the slot load DVD-R... Darn it's noisy when you insert a disc or eject! I've had no problem with fan noise, even after the update to 10.3.8 - iLife '05 was not installed, so I had to upgrade it with the included DVD. This step took about 15 mins.... Not that much.

I've moved everything from my PC to the mini, MP3, Photos, documents, .... And since then, i'm only working on the mini!!! My PC ain't bad (check sig), but I'm having a blast with OSX and iLife. I've been waiting a long time to have fun again with a computer. You get a nice GUI and a terminal to play with Unix!

The HDD on the mini could be faster, but it's not killing me. 512Mb is about right but mabe 1Gb would be even better. The CPU speed on the mini is enough for now. I've installed Photoshop CS and it's great! GIMP work well, Nvu is good for my simple HTML editing. The best is iLife, a very fine group of software! Nothing match this (built in) in Windows XP. Microsoft need Longhorn soon because XP looks old next to OSX. Expos?? Fun to use and it's realy helpfull!

The mini is running since i've installed it, 1 reboot because of the update to 10.3.8 and no crash. Smooth operation, running iTunes, FireFox and Entourage & MSN. :DD

I'm happy! Mabe my next major PC upgrade will be a G5! (or G6?)!

I've been using mine to do some coursework this evening, I find it just... better for some reason. Things look clearer on it, and, it's a lot more stable imo. :D

585548546[/snapback]

boo you are always on IRC with your pc!