Mac Mini!

QUOTE(Sn00pY @ Feb 21 2005, 10:17)

*still waiting on mine*

ordered a week or so ago...its standard other than a bluetooth module...and thats looking like its gonna make it take FOREVER...****ing Apple and their lousy shipping  Apple.com reports ship date to be "on or before 07/03/05" so thats AT LEAST Another 2 weeks...how depressing

mine was said 04/03/2005 .. ordered mine on the 3rd of feb ... so it only took 12 business days ... now it said it should arrive in 3-4 days

I keep looking at that and I am thinking july 3rd holy crap are these this backordered...hah

You n00b, the official Apple UK keyboard has the keys like tha:laugh:h:

Radish?

585510685[/snapback]

:o

Calling me a noob! Hurt my feelin:cry:cry:

Anyway I can get around it?

Feb 22, 2005 12:09 AM

Left origin

SHENZHEN CN

Feb 21, 2005 11:11 PM

Picked up

SHENZHEN CN

Future delivery requested

7:38 AM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

does that mean my package is in CHINA ??? if so, why? :x

[quote name='Homer?' date='Feb 21 2005, 20:07:o:o

Calling me a noob! Hurt my feelings:cry:y:

Anyway I can get around it?

585511104[/snapback]

If you've got a Logitech keyboard there is, download and install the Logitech software for OS X and then you can choose a UK Keyboard mapping that has the symbols in the correct place.

Had my Mac Mini for almost three weeks now, and I've hardly touched my XP box!

Well, i'm the proud owner of a wired Apple keyboard and mouse....

But i'm still waiting for the mini to ship.... I'm hopefull that i'll get a ?SHIPPED? e-mail from Apple tomorrow, or friday at worst.... I just wish that I don't have more delay....

:huh:h:

Hrrmph...

As mentioned previously, I placed an order on Apple Online UK for a BTO spec 1.42 Mac Mini (ap/bt/wireless keyb+mouse) on the 12th Feb. Immediately afterwards I received an "Order Acknowledgement". However, today I received an "Order Confirmation" email which looks pretty much the same as the acknowledgement one - no dates have changed or anything :(

Did anyone else that ordered from Apple Online US/UK/Aus experience approx 1 week delay between receiving an "Acknowledgement" and a "Confirmation" email? :unsure:

ok  i just noticed, I didn't get iLife with my mini, what should I do???

585524695[/snapback]

Check the OS X install disc. People have reported that it's located on the OS X cd sometimes. Although I got my Mac mini yesterday, and it had the iLife DVD in it.

What does iLife do?

585524882[/snapback]

iLife '05

It consists of the following applications:

iTunes 4.7 (Music Organizer and Player)

iPhoto 5 (Photo Manager and simple editor. Like iTunes for Photos)

iMovie HD (Editing Video up to HD quality)

iDVD 5 (DVD Authoring = Adding Videos to a DVD and making an interface to access them with)

GarageBand 2 (Sound Recording and Mixing)

Each application is also designed to work well with each other. Ex. You can import photos from iPhoto into iDVD as pictures for the menu. Or you can import music edited in GarageBand into iMovie for the soundtrack of the video you are editing. In all, it's at least $200 worth of comparable Windows applications for $79 or free with the Mac mini (or every Mac you buy, I can't remember).

Edited by Jstphish

SHIPPED!

With FedEx, my mini should be home 02/25/2005 (Tomorrow!). Taking a day off....

I hope that everyone else will get their mini soon!

:yes: :cool: :yes: :D