(FireFox users only) Have you ever Tried Opera?

Have you ever tried Opera?  

564 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever tried Opera?

• No
    • Yes - didn't like it
    • Yes -liked it but its not free
    • I use both ze Fox & opera
    • Other - explain

I simply would like to know

how many Firefox users have actually tried Opera.

Yes i'm 100% fox user, yet after all the discussions about browser speeds, safety etc here, i decided to try it yesterday.

If it wasn't for the damn banner and pricetag i might have concidered using it for a while to compare with firefox.

edit: ok after alot of votes

I had the impression that the majority of Fox luvers had never even tried it and where simply promoting the fox without knowing the alternative.

Thanx for prooving me wrong. ;)

Edited by shushu

Wow mate, this is a good thread indead not those FF vs Opera ones. nice poll mate. Once FF was set to my default browser, yes it's a nice browser and I like it. However, since my memory is poor, and I only have 128MB, FF is still isntalled but it's not my default browser any more. My default one is maxthon, and I use IE too sometimes. Yes... I have tried Opera, and compared to FF it's a very good borwser, however it's not free, so I've uninstalled it... have 3 browsers anyways. As you all know it's very difficult to compare DD and Opera, but I still with FF because it's FREE!!!

Tried it, didnt really like it, if only for the reasons set out above - mainly the banner, and the pricetag.

The main reason for using Firefox > * was because FF blocked popups straight away, and just seemed easier to use than anything I had tried previously *shrug*

I can get Opera free as I work in education.. but where I found the Firefox UI intuitive and easy to get on with, I found Opera way too clunky and too busy.. was back onto Firefox within a few minutes!

I tried it, and it was good, but i went back to firefox because:

1. UI, Opera's isnt that nice (out of the box), but there are some good themes out there.

2. Support on certain sites, Operas rendering engine is good, but it still messes up on a few sites.

3. Customisability (of the UI, Core, everything)

I didnt like opera's setup. Add in the lycos stuff if your not carefull makes it unwanted. I do have to commend it works well with the majority of ASP sites, FF has issues with ASP often.

I simply would like to know

how many Firefox users have actually tried Opera.

Yes i'm 100% fox user, yet after all the discussions about browser speeds, safety etc here, i decided to try it yesterday.

If it wasn't for the damn banner and pricetag i might have concidered using it for a while to compare with firefox.

585515293[/snapback]

Same, I tried it a while back, if it wasn't for the banner and $$ than I would probably be using opera

I tried it a while ago and also didn't like it. It can be reported as faster, more stable, etc...by anyone, but it didn't "feel" right to me. The same applies to the old Netscape browsers before Firefox. They didn't capture the same feel of browsing the net for me. I was brought up on IE, but also had Netscape (v4.x) as the only browser allowed at school. Firefox is the first browser to come along to feel right for me. When Opera releases a new version, I may be tempted to try it out. The same applies to the upcoming Internet Explorer 7.