(FireFox users only) Have you ever Tried Opera?

Have you ever tried Opera?  

564 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever tried Opera?

• No
    • Yes - didn't like it
    • Yes -liked it but its not free
    • I use both ze Fox & opera
    • Other - explain

Tried it for some hours and tried to custmize the interface a bit because the dafult one was simply ugly and full of useless things.

It was better than i expected but still i don't like it. It misses simple things that makes browsing generally better. For example you can't drag a link into the bookmarks toobar (or personal toolbar or whatever it's called) It was simply annoying to add a page to your favorites. It was really hard to find because it didn't show up in the toolbar as i expected it to do.

Also why do we need to pay for something like that? Firefox browsing it much nicer 'out of the box' and gets even nicer with some neat little plugins. I guess Opera has nice plugins too but i doubt they can change the general userinterface to work precisely how i want it to.

yes i've tried it. I think its a fairly decent browser but its got something i don't want. A price tag. I don't believe you should pay for a browser when you can get one that equals it for free.

ok

I had the impression that the majority of Fox luvers had never even tried it and where simply ranting the fox without knowing the alternative.

Thanx for prooving me wrong. ;)

Yes, but I didn't like it.

I have tried numerous builds and versions of Opera and I really don't like how Opera is lest customizable and configurable than Firefox. There are also some build in "features" that I really don't like. I will say Opera 8 Beta is a lot better than any of the other previous Opera versions, but still give me Firefox.

Downloaded Opera 8.0 two days ago and have fallen in love with it. Far superior/faster than Firefox. The text advertisement does not bother me. THe programmers have got to make an earning some how .

You can move the tab bar below the address bar by the way.

I've tried it, don't like their tabbed browsing though :s With those back and forward buttons not on the top of the browser but at the tab-section :s

585515661[/snapback]

Easily customizable.

Hi,

I'm a Firefox users and I have tried Opera because of my work as a web designer. So I have to test my html code so it runs on certain browsers.

I know opera is too fast but I don't like its interface and I think it is fast because it doesn't display the html code properly.

I have some minor problems when using css... so it will never be my default browser.

Ah, it is not free!!!

yes, and i hated it. Gecko engine is by far superior...Firefox is more customizable and less prone to crash (in my experience)

Firefox has crashed on me maybe 5 times in nearly 2 years of using it heavily (several hours a day). Opera (all different builds/betas) crashed at least daily. That's just not acceptable.

yes, and i hated it. Gecko engine is by far superior...Firefox is more customizable and less prone to crash (in my experience)

Firefox has crashed on me maybe 5 times in nearly 2 years of using it heavily (several hours a day). Opera (all different builds/betas) crashed at least daily. That's just not acceptable.

585515691[/snapback]

I found the opposite to be true.

Firefox consumed up to 200+ MB of physical ram alone by opening a few tabs. This is rediculous! Open more tabs and watch the usage balloon upwards to hysteria.

With Opera 8.0 open right now and have 5 tabs open on news site, it is using 21 MB.

Never have I seen Opera crash. Never.

i tried it but...

1. i didn't like the banners

2. it's not free

3. the user interface was way too busy and cluttered

overall i didn't care for it too much.

585515601[/snapback]

Same here.

Yes, but I didn't like it! :x

* Not free

* Closed source.

* Cluttered user interface.

* Less W3C standard compliant.

* Slow rendering.

* Slow development (Ex. 5-6 months between each beta/preview version).

* Less cumtomizable.

Both are great browsers (a lot better then IE)... I just prefer firefox. The user interface is very simple and comfortable. I love the search bar. I use Opera only to test websites.

I tried it out a long time ago. It was nice for a change, I guess, but that's it. I went back to IE after a while, and then I met Firefox (Firebird at the time), and never looked back.

Yes, I have.

Shortly after converting to Firefox 2 - 2? years ago from IE, I also installed Opera. I still have it installed, and have updated it. However, it just can't deliver what I want and need, personally. Firefox does.

yes, i have the pay version of Opera and used it for a few months, but after realizing how much i miss FX extentions and support for gmail. i think im gonna use FX again. im really trying to consider the wins and losses of each though, because fx uses too much memory. 16mb = Opera 8, 45 mb = FX...i have 1gb but that really doesnt matter much but i always alt tab out of games like cs source and WoW to do other stuff