4.0 GPA

A lot = a lack of vocabulary or somewhere to park your car, among other things.

No, you should probably go to college if you want to make a decent living. If you want to make a really good living you should get a secondary degree. Anyway, I have had enough of arguing with high school kids on this thread. If you want to argue, PM me.

The classic way to prove your brilliance. Grumble about those ever-pesky 'high school kids' after having one of them prove you wrong on at least one count, and then disappear.

It's amazing how impressed with themselves people on Neowin are when it comes to their age and their education. And you can't even try to argue with them, because, i mean, what can you say to them? You can prove them wrong and they'll just say 'you teen-agers think you know everything' and what do you do? If you argue more they just keep playing the know-it-all card on you.

Arguing on the Internet is pretty futile no matter what the subject is, but some people just like to stretch the limits of the imagination i guess. :shrug:

And, uh, my dad dropped out of high school. He's a millionaire now. (But someone will say i'm either lying or name-dropping, so i suppose it's not even worth it to bring it up. It's just the Internet though.)

Congratulations! Keep working!

If I'm the dept. secretary, I'm more likely to check one's AWA score of his GRE test instead of the GPA he delivered to decide whether to give him an offer or just an admission. :D

damn straight lav.  i pwned him and then he got scared.  and i'm just a little 19 year old college student. yay.

585540232[/snapback]

'a lot' is informal and is not proper English - go back to school.

pwned

Uh, yes, it is proper English. It is informal, like contractions and the word 'yeah' are informal. But it is not improper English.

Also, has it been sooooo many years since you were in school that you forgot the difference between a dash and a hyphen?

Uh, yes, it is proper English. It is informal, like contractions and the word 'yeah' are informal. But it is not improper English.

Also, has it been sooooo many years since you were in school that you forgot the difference between a dash and a hyphen?

585541742[/snapback]

Yes, it has been that long. This is a message board, not an english class. Go back to your first post...

oooooh now he's acting like correcting the grammar of others is petty.  but i'm pretty sure he was the first to do it...

585543966[/snapback]

HA! I wasn't. Go look at what lav posted earlier. She bashed the way I posted, so I bashed the way she posted. :laugh:

HA! I wasn't.  Go look at what lav posted earlier.  She bashed the way I posted, so I bashed the way she posted.  :laugh:

585544153[/snapback]

First of all, what i first said was a joke. (People on Neowin seem to have a very difficult time understanding that concept.)

Secondly (if you even need any more explanation than what i just said), there's a difference between using conversational English (like 'a lot', 'yeah', &c.) and going out of your way to be annoying. e.g., i never would have even brought up the hyphen/dash thing if we weren't already having that arguement anyway. That doesn't really matter.

yeah, last year i got like....a 3.5? or something like that...

strange thing is, this year i haven't worked as hard, but i like my courses better and now i have a 4.0 too! yay :D

First of all, what i first said was a joke. (People on Neowin seem to have a very difficult time understanding that concept.)

Secondly (if you even need any more explanation than what i just said), there's a difference between using conversational English (like 'a lot', 'yeah', &c.) and going out of your way to be annoying. e.g., i never would have even brought up the hyphen/dash thing if we weren't already having that arguement anyway. That doesn't really matter.

585544218[/snapback]

The problem with reading posts on the net is that you can't see facial expression or hear tone of voice, so it is difficult to tell what is a joke and what is not. I do not have a difficult time with jokes, I post in the Jokes and Funny stuff section quite often. It seemed more like a personal attack than a joke.

'a lot' is informal and is not proper English - go back to school.

pwned

585541649[/snapback]

Snipe, just so you know, alot is not a word. The correct spelling is "a lot". It means much, or many, or any other similar word. You are saying a lot isn't a word right?

Edited by yert*

Snipe, just so you know, alot is not a word. The correct spelling is "a lot". It means much, or many, or any other similar word. You are saying a lot isn't a word right?

585544331[/snapback]

No, that is not what I was saying. I use that phrase, as do most people who speak english. I was trying to state the following point: If you were to use the phrase 'a lot' in an essay or formal paper (for school) you would probably get red ink on your paper.