BackupFox 0.6

Thanks for this great app. (Y)

Pity I didnt find it half and hour ago. Just had to reinstall Firefox after IE 7 messed everything up. :rolleyes:

Keep up the work. Your programs rock.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

i use backupfox 0.73.0.13 on my notebook and PC. Both running with windows XP Prof. Yesterday i must install on my notebook windows XP home/Toshiba recoverys.

I could not start backupfox on my notebook after using the windows Xp home.

Could somebody tell me, what i can do to use backupfox on my notebook?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was able to launch BackupFox on Vista Business edition and restore my profile but now i'm trying to backup my profile in Vista nad Backupfox won't even launch. I see it popup in the process list for a split second then closes. Anyone else having an issue on Vista?

Does the extension somehow circumvent corrupted profiles? because otherwise wouldent it be just another backup tool?

In any case I prefer to do my backups manually so I could delete some extraneous files and stuff to cut the size down. (yes I do full backups).

• 2 weeks later...

I recently had to reformat my hard drive. I used Backupfox .73 to backup both Firefox and Thunderbird. Every time I try to restore Thunderbird it says it is successful but the profile is empty. I loaded Thunderbird first, created a preliminary profile. After I restore my old profile, there literally is none, even the profile created when I started Thunderbird is gone. I know my stuff was backed up because I can see everything if I try to open it with WinRar or 7z. For some reason though these programs cannot extract my files either. It says "unexpected end of archive". I can see the files i just can't get to the files. This is becoming very frustrating. Can you tell me how to proceed from here? Is there something I am doing wrong? The profile is in the default location. The username is the same. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Is there another way of getting to the files if Backupfox will not restore them? I would appreciate any help you can offer.

wattsmom4

but i think even when u uninstall FF ann reinstall it, extension will be there... no need to install them again...system keeps it...

but if u need to format then.. u must have a list or... backup..but i prefer to keep list of it...no need to backup...bcs all are small sized..

btw this is my personal opinion..

• 5 months later...

Is there any chance for an update to get it work with Vista x64? I just tried it on my new install of Business x64 and the default profile is still loading. :(

• 2 months later...

I've just backed up my profile successfully, however Firefox isn't remembering any of my passwords, and even though the box is ticked, it isn't asking to remember any new passwords for sites i've already been to. When i registered for this site, it did bring up the box to ask to remember the password.

None of my old passwords show up when you click the 'show passwords' button in the options menu.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Windows XP SP2 with Firefox 2.0.0.7.

EDIT

Deleting the signons2.txt file has wiped the slate clean and i can start saving passwords again.

Edited by fergusmacdonald

does this save all Thunderbird emails and folders too?

No, but MozBackup does what BackupFox do, and it saves Thunderbird emails and folders. (and other Mozilla apps)

Hey there just wondering if this program works for anyone on 2.0.0.8 cause it doesn't start for me. I wonder what is wrong?

I was just going through the thread and I see a lot of others who have been using this program suddenly not be able to load and open this program like my problem here. Anyone know why? Will the creator step up and see what is wrong please?

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this application, I've been using it for a long time...no need installers... but yesterday i had a problem, AVG Free Anti-Virus detects BackupFox.exe as a trojan horse.. i know it's a false positive, but i wonder if this issue can be fixed as soon as possible, Thank you...