BackupFox 0.6

Thank You

The App was really useful, infact a lifesaver recently when my firefox crashed and I lost all my bookmarks, extensions with settings and Themes.

How about getting it affliated with Mozilla . More Firefox users will be able to use it in that case.

Is there any way of setting this to automatically back up using a scheduled task? Maybe a switch or something?

This tool did not ran on my PC! Did not run or opened! I am on Windows XP Pro SP2. Please tell me how can i run this tool!

• 2 weeks later...

Well... now that I'm officially here :blush:

I dink around with FF and Moz alot, not very much with T-bird, because, if you're still running mozilla-Zuite why use external email app?... But... here's my experience:

Moz-Backup has quit working for me -- maybe not others, but in either FF or Mozilla it often reports that the backup I've made is "corrupt or invalid" etc. The other cute issue with Moz-backup is that in the *.rpc files and prefs.js, it frequently forgot to correctly modify the new profile name -- this has been true both FF and Moz...

so's anyhow, since nobody mention support for the mozilla-suite, I'll test it on that -- after I back it up manually of course ;-)

THANKS FOR THE GOOD WORK

SkV

• 5 weeks later...

Just a quick note:

If there's insufficient room on the drive when you backup, the program will say it's complete, then delete the partial backup file. You may want to do a check for disk space before the backup starts, and notify the user if there's not enough room.

Otherwise, seems to be a good program. I guess the true test will come when I actually have to restore a backup! I really wish that the Moz folks would integrate something like this into FF & TB.

• 2 weeks later...

There is another alternative for backing up Firefox. It is called Firefox Extension Backup Extension (FEBE). What is really nice about it is that it will rebuild your installed extensions and themes and create installable .xpi and .jar files. This makes it very easy to port your extensions to another profile or computer. It also backs up and restores bookmarks, preferences, and cookies.

More information here.

I love Backupfox 7.3. In fact, I used it weekly as I was updating/changing a lot of computers. My problem is that it now won't run. I click on it and it does nothing. No error message, no thinking about it, just nothing.

Am I doing something wrong this time? I there ome program it can't work with or something?

I have exactly the same problem as thunderbirdgrrl (the previous post). IT DOESN'T RUN ANYMORE NOW!!! I clicked on the application icon, but nothing at all happens!!!

It is a shame it was a very good application before!

Otherwise I have tried Firefox Extension Backup Extension ((FEBE) mentionned by Shadoefax) and had so much trouble with it!!! Stay away from it! If you intall this extension it will corrupt Firefox completely. It is a very good idea, but DOESN'T WORK AT ALL!!!

Thanks for this lovely program, nw_raptor. I can now reinstall Firefox without worrying about all the extensions and bookmarks needed to be added.

Otherwise I have tried Firefox Extension Backup Extension ((FEBE) mentionned by Shadoefax) and had so much trouble with it!!! Stay away from it! If you intall this extension it will corrupt Firefox completely. It is a very good idea, but DOESN'T WORK AT ALL!!!

Amazing ... with well over 30,000 downloads and a 4.3+ AMO rating, you are the only person who has mentioned that! The really amazing thing is that it works fine for me ... imagine the odds! I wonder where the 30,000 other users with a completely corrupted Firefox are hiding.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing ... with well over 30,000 downloads and a 4.3+ AMO rating, you are the only person who has mentioned that! The really amazing thing is that it works fine for me ... imagine the odds! I wonder where the 30,000 other users with a completely corrupted Firefox are hiding.

Most of the people don't complain when something goes wrong they prefer to eradicate the problem and carry on their life. I did complain because that thing (FEBE) has completely spoiled the Firefox version I was using and I had to reinstall it completely. Now, I carry on my life.

You are touchy like if you were the one who made that crap chucky...

• 1 month later...

When I try using it with 1.5.0.4 and I back it up to any directory, it doesn't do anything. Is it compatible with this newer Firefox version?

• 4 weeks later...

You can backup your firefox if you go C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Mozilla

cand make backup of this folder ;)

All of your installed themes and extensions also?

• 3 weeks later...

Today I wanted to move my TB installation to another computer but BackupFox does not even start. :cry:

Does this have anything to do with me running TB 1.5.0.5 and FF 1.5.0.6?

Regards,

RolandD

• 1 month later...

Is there an easy way to backup Bon Echo with 1.5 installed? It seems backupfox will only backup the 1.5 instance.

It's backs up profiles, not installs. If you used the same profile for Bon Echo as you did for FF, that's what you get to backup.

• 2 weeks later...

It's backs up profiles, not installs. If you used the same profile for Bon Echo as you did for FF, that's what you get to backup.

Is there any benefit over just backing up the profile folder? Seems like the quickest and most effective way

• 2 weeks later...