BackupFox 0.6

And here I was just compressing the Mozilla folder under application data all this time.

I really don't see the use of this program, all you have to do is go to c:\Documents and Setting\(Username)\Application Data and compress the folder called Mozilla. Place the contents of the archive in the same folder after reformat and boom, all your stuff is saved.

And here I was just compressing the Mozilla folder under application data all this time.

I really don't see the use of this program, all you have to do is go to c:\Documents and Setting\(Username)\Application Data and compress the folder called Mozilla. Place the contents of the archive in the same folder after reformat and boom, all your stuff is saved.

585557674[/snapback]

It's called ease of use. Like unattend programs.

Excellent work Raptor, I always wanted something like this, its always a pain for me to get everything all over again :D

It's more for the people that use the nightly builds or mess with Firefox a lot. The reason is that a profile can get messed up pretty easy with the nightlys or other experimental things.

FYI, I tried this out last night and it did not work. I backed up because I was about to format. After restoring the profile, Firefox was unusable. The app would load, but I was unable to click anything. Realizing this app is in beta, I backed up my bookmarks just in case and I only had a couple of extensions, etc... so no big deal. I was using 1.0.1 both times.

I love MozBackup and was disappointed that it was discontinued, but it's nice to see somebody create an alternative. Thanks. I'll try this app out when I have time.

FYI, I tried this out last night and it did not work.  I backed up because I was about to format.  After restoring the profile, Firefox was unusable.  The app would load, but I was unable to click anything.  Realizing this app is in beta, I backed up my bookmarks just in case and I only had a couple of extensions, etc... so no big deal.  I was using 1.0.1 both times.

585566925[/snapback]

Did you run Firefox once, to let it create a profile?

Oh, btw: I'll be adding Thunderbird support this weekend (If everything goes as planned)!

585568330[/snapback]

This should work just the same with Thunderbird.

I have done similar action manually and gotten it to work.

Nice app raptor.

Can't wait for Thunderbird support, then this will be a great app (not that it isn't now!) and be used by me lol

Some suggestions for you: :D

- Allow us to specify where to store the backup. I store my application settings backups in my My Documents folder.

- Change icon to show maybe the icon in the program otherwise it'd be confusing if I put a shortcut to it in the start menu along with the Firefox shortcut.

That's all. :D

As promised: BackupFox 0.7

- Mozilla Thunderbird support

- New icon so people don't confuse it with Firefox

- Added ability to save backup on other folders

- Added ability to restore a backup from any folder

Total disaster :angry:

unzipped and clicked to make a default profile backup

Unfortunately there is no way to prove which files are to be backed up

default directory was about 13mb in size the backup file was about 2.8mb in size

I clicked restore and bookmark,cookies and extension directory was missing

Luckily I normally make manual backups to another drive because of the extensions I install on a daily basis, so I managed to restore

One look at the restored files with backupfirefox and I noticed the name of the profile directory in my case 73u5js6y.default was missing.

BETA??? :yes:

I just ran a test and he's correct.. same thing happened to me.. the whole default folder didn't get restored. It removed the one that was there (the one that it was to restore) but put nothing back. Reading the previous post I backed up first before I tested so nothing was lost, just wanted to confirm to warn others.

WinXP SP2

Ouch! Sorry for that. Good find though. There was a bug when target profile matched the backup... It should be okay now (fixed 0.7 was uploaded - link is the same).