BackupFox 0.6

It backs up the whole profile. That means extensions, extension settings, bookmarks, homepage, cache, cookies, passwords, general settings... everything...

Ouch! Sorry for that. Good find though. There was a bug when target profile matched the backup... It should be okay now (fixed 0.7 was uploaded - link is the same).

585580606[/snapback]

Thank you

tested ok : :yes:

hello,

works fine for me on xp pro sp2 with TB 1.0.2

ps: for the backup one option will be nice to drop the file when we have the option Browse ...

Ok - Doesn't seem that bad.

Couple of points.

Is it possible to get selective backups like MozBackup did.

Also - how about excluding the cache from the backup - I generally back mine up to an old USB 1.1 64MB memory bar, and a 30MB file is a bit large for this.

Apart from that - not bad at all :)

^ Selective Backups can cause a lot of trouble. MoxBackup had trouble because of that. I will try to exclude cache though.

Why can't you just go into Firefox and clear you cache before you back up? I would agree this could cause problems. I think if you make this feature you might think about making it an option to enable/disable just in case.

Yes, I am currently looking at ways to do this, as an option. I will have to test it to make sure Cache-less backups are OK.

Okay, version 0.72 is up. Exclude Cache is now available (as an option). I had to do a lot of tricks to make this work, so I hope it does :p Please try it and tell me if everything is ok.

BackupFox 0.72

Great program nw_raptor! Works fine for me. :)

I had three things to back up, Firefox and 2 Thunderbird profiles. I noticed when you click the Previous button to select a second profile to back up, you don't get the 'Next' button back, instead it stays as 'Finish'. Just a minor bug, but I thought I'd let you know about it.

Thanks again for all you efforts! :)

There has been a lot of discussion about backing up Firefox extensions, preferences, bookmarks etc. A promising tool, MozBackup, was unfortunately discontinued. On top of all that, yesterday, after my main HDD fainted (power cable got disconnected), my firefox profile got corrupt. I had no chance but to write a tool to backup/restore my profile.

Notes

1. This is still BETA; there may be some glitches

2. This saves a complete backup of your profile, not just extensions or bookmarks.

3. It uses 7-zip commandline to create and extract archives.

4. It requires administrative rights (on NT-class Windows)

5. It has not been tested with Windows 9x/Me

6. Version 0.7 supports Firefox and Thunderbird.

1. I've successfully restored my profile after uninstalling firefox (and deleting my profiles) and reinstalling it.

2. I've successfully transfered my profile on my second computer (backup on first pc, and restore on second).

Hi,

I've dowlnload the zip package and try to install. When I lauch Backupfox.exe, I've an error message that say : "Execution error 50003. Unnattended error". And the program abort . What's wrong ?

Thanks,

Damien

Hmmm. It seems many people are having that weird 50003 error. I'll add logging support, maybe we can track it down.