[release] Satin port for IEView (Miranda)

do you guys have a problem with longer messages not properly word wrapping.. like instead of whole words going to the next line, the words get broken apart in the middle or something?

oh wait, maybe the latest version fixed it.

Edited by spacey

do you guys have a problem with longer messages not properly word wrapping.. like instead of whole words going to the next line, the words get broken apart in the middle or something?

585584594[/snapback]

yes I have that problem too but I'll just ignore it unless it gets fixed.

585584594[/snapback]

words are supposed to be broken apart in the middle. word-break:break-all was used rather than word-wrap:break-word because word-wrap:break-word only breaks after spaces. Someone had problems with long non-spaced words (ex. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa) distorting the box, so I changed the methods to break all words. This was done because it would work for both people who receive or send these extra long "words" and also people who type regular sized words. Doing this, I wouldn't receive any bug reports stating that there is a distorted message box, etc etc. I am just trying to cater both parties :)

oh thats strange. not to step on anyones toes here or anything, but i would think the proper way to word wrap is to keep words together. like in this forum for example or in newspapers etc. i've never seen words being broken apart, its only a last ditch resort if it is simply one giant word that is too long when that happens.

how often do ppl type super long words? like aaaaaaaaaaaah! that their window can't cope. i think more often people would write multi-lined msgs.

just my 2 cents.

oh thats strange. not to step on anyones toes here or anything, but i would think the proper way to word wrap is to keep words together. like in this forum for example or in newspapers etc. i've never seen words being broken apart, its only a last ditch resort if it is simply one giant word that is too long when that happens.

how often do ppl type super long words? like aaaaaaaaaaaah! that their window can't cope. i think more often people would write multi-lined msgs.

just my 2 cents.

585584660[/snapback]

well you'll also see that when you receive a URL exceeding your message window width, it will also distort. this doesn't happen when breaking all words. i'd like the words to be connected too, but i cant because of the downsides of each solution. it seems that breaking all words will cause no problems with the larger range of users. other solutions will cause other big and obvious problems. like karma_police said, you can edit it yourself.

Fantastic port sir, I'm loving it, at least...when it works.

Here's my issue. When I start up miranda, everything works peachy, and the message boxes work, tabbed and all.

However, if at any point I close the container even once, the next time someone messages me, or I message them, the window just appears blank, with no background, no text, and no messages. The toolbars, menu bars, and everything are still there, but the actual messages themselves are gone. I'm using the latest of everything (as of 30 minutes ago) and I still don't know what the deal is.

Any help on it would be appreciated.

improblem.jpg

Here's my issue. When I start up miranda, everything works peachy, and the message boxes work, tabbed and all.

However, if at any point I close the container even once, the next time someone messages me, or I message them, the window just appears blank, with no background, no text, and no messages. The toolbars, menu bars, and everything are still there, but the actual messages themselves are gone. I'm using the latest of everything (as of 30 minutes ago) and I still don't know what the deal is.

improblem.jpg

585613390[/snapback]

does this occur with other templates? (i've heard about ths problem from another person)

Seems to happen with your themes. I don't know if it's the newer versions, or what. I tried the SRMM plugin (Scriver) and that had the exact same problem. Leaves me to think that it's IEView's dastardly deeds.

Yeah, i said it.

Anyone have the older version? .7 i think?

Edited by tehl3x

I have IEView 1.0.1.9, tabsrmm 0..9.9.8, and happens with all templates, It didn't happen with IEView 1.0.1.7  :(

585615093[/snapback]

Best to stick with 1.0.1.7 then :p

Seems to happen with your themes. I don't know if it's the newer versions, or what. I tried the SRMM plugin (Scriver) and that had the exact same problem. Leaves me to think that it's IEView's dastardly deeds.

Yeah, i said it.

Anyone have the older version? .7 i think?

585613427[/snapback]

so this happens with only my themes? not with others? hmm. i've heard about this from 3 other people, but with all templates. i'd advise you to just return to 1.0.1.7. if anybody needs it, send me a mail at thechunk[at]gmail.com

i do not get any problems at all with the latest version of ieview and tabsrmm and miranda...so i would have no idea as to fixing this..with the exception of smooth operator looking strange

I think i've found a fix for the above problem.

I read somewhere about it being to do with the emoticons for IEView, and that disabling them would work, however, it didn't for me when I had this problem.

What I did, was to enable the emoticons in IEView, disable the smileyadd plugin (should already be disabled if you're using IEView anyway), select to use a specific library for each protocol, and make sure all protocols and the 'Standard smileys' have a emoticon set. This seemed to work for me, so maybe you should give it a go?

Can someone please send me their miranda folder with this mod allready installed.I can't get it to work right and I have tred everything cause I am a total noob at miranda.

post-12715-1110902006.jpg

improblem.jpg

585613390[/snapback]

offtopic but what vs is that ??

russell, how do i change the background ? I went into the folder and tried to change background.gif to smooth operator's blue to white background.gif but it won't work.

russell is on vacations :p

but to change the background you have to edit every image cause it doesnt have transparency, and then change the css to change the background of the body, in other words it's impossible unless you want an ugly looking miranda.