A Miranda Guide

I figure this would be the place to put this since I don't know where to start a thread or find one so....

I used to have the old miranda and had a ton of plugins. Really nice ones at that. Got the new one and set it up with these instructions sucessfully. Went to get the multiwin plugin and had a conflict. Its installed properly but miranda can't find it. I suspect to put it here since I think that the newer plugs are causing this. I will post a list of my plugins now;

[As seen in the list]

REMOVED

Thanks in adv. ;)

EDIT: Okay I feel dumb. It needs to be updated to work with 4 was one of the comments. Anyone willing to update the source code? Sorry if this changed the topic and made it offtopic :blush:

Edited by JVAGO

miranda_testing_20050329.zip Is that the latest nightly build? Does it include all previous things on that page or do I have to pick through them maticulosly? Also is clsit_mw going to do the same thing as multiwindow did? Will things made for multiwindow work with clist_mw? Cuz I don't think so...

Well I took the risk and it worked :p clist_mw has the same function and it works YAY~! Now I can have winamp controls and world time in my message window. XD Sorry to bother.

Ugh, I still can't get mine working correctly and I'm about to give up.

Would anyone have a big enough heart to zip their Miranda for me and send it to me over some means? :(

I don't see what the need is for all these plugins for Miranda. I just ditched Trillian because v3 was way too slow (reminds me of Winamp's "upgrade" from 2 to 3). I usually like lots of features, but not in an IM.

Simple is nice.

mirandabl7wc.png

To each its own, If you dont like it don't use it.

I prefer eye candy, and I only use 10MB more of RAM with this plugins so not a big deal.

To me it depends on the program. In the case of miranda and samurize *makes 5 yr old voice* Candy candy candy candy candy! I want candy now~! *pouts* *end voice* In the case of something like your CTRL+ALT+DEL screen its more or less useless to sweeten it up to me XD Is there any chance that they could create a plugin that lets miranda be skinned my more simpler means? E.G. Like a config file like samruize or maybe something like a .ini file with a seperate graphics? Heck I would like that alot! :D

You can create IEView templates pretty easy it's just HTML+CSS, you can do it with tables to avoid problems.

And a new plugin it's being developed and here is a mockup, dont expect a release in the near future though :p

prealpha1bm.jpg

well i noticed (for me at least) all versions after 1.0.1.7 have a serious memory leak and im willing to use a buggy older versions with less features so if theres a link floating around somewhere it would be helpful

Heck at least it might get replaced soon. I'm still waiting for GeckoNet. The Gecko engine is more stable, reliable, and very less of a resource hog. I'm lovin' it! XD

You can create IEView templates pretty easy it's just HTML+CSS, you can do it with tables to avoid problems.

And a new plugin it's being developed and here is a mockup, dont expect a release in the near future though :p

prealpha1bm.jpg

585707127[/snapback]

Wow, that does look pretty cool :cool: