A Miranda Guide

can someone help me out, i want to change the tray icon for miranda to like that chat bubble one that everyone else has.. but i can't figure out if i have to reshack it or what..

help?

i think scorpio should update the guide for the new versions of everything....everyone's asking questions that have been asked and answered many, many times in previous replies..

its pretty ridiculous (maybe it's just me) but is the phrase "Use IEView as default message log" not clear enough? :s ...at least try to look through the options and make a logical choice or even try out the option before asking here.. i dont mean to offend anyone that has asked.. but, i think the option is very clear as to what it actually does..

i agree with russelc, that a new up-to-date guide would be great.. it doesn't work for me either so, i've tried everything but does it have to be so hard to install a plug-in for an instant messenger :s

i would be more than happy to redo a more detailed guide with screenshots, etc...i could tell scorpio to update the topic with my more up-to-date guide :p

i haven't had time to do it, so if scorpio will do it, then i wont :p

585911818[/snapback]

you just get on with your templates ;)

Scorpio and karma=police, *thank you* for this wonderful FAQ / guide / post / support that you have provided.

I am running Miranda IM for the 4th time, now, with the promise to myself not to go plugin happy and start corrupting Miranda again. Thus far I have the requisite IEview and TabSRMM_Unicode, and haven' moved much further, but it is working, so I cannot complain yet. I can even close containers and open new ones without problems, so kudos to you two *and* the Miranda dev team.

I ma using a Win VS called Carbon Pro, which pretty much is the way I want things to look, after some heavy customization on my part. I love how Miranda has taken to it as if I am running a Miranda skin, it rocks.

Best of all? I am running the whole shebang off my 512 MB SanDisk USB Key drive. I get the best of both worlds - portability *and* security.

Thanks again.

PS: If I can figure out why my off site FTP site is not letting me view directory structure anymore I can post my latest Desktop - at 1600X1200 I don't want to kill the slow connection viewers here...

Argh my headache!

Not sure if its due to this, but im running Windows XP x64 (3790 - final).

Here's pics:

mir7ta.th.jpg

mir21hm.th.jpg

mir37re.th.jpg

mir41tw.th.jpg

mir56nb.th.jpg

mir60ij.th.jpg

Now, I hope they cover most settings, what I find is (see picture 1) it doesnt matter if I apply a template/theme - it just wont change! it stays plain white!

Now with another one of russelc's amazing skins, longhorn - I get the following:

mir78op.th.jpg

Now with each template it just applies the wallpaper but never the theme! whats wrong?!

p.s. versions used:

Miranda latest from site, 0.4

clist_nicer.dll 0.3.4.0 (latest)

TweakUI.dll (latest I could find from this thread)

IEview 1.0.2.2

Tabsrmm_unicode.dll (tested also tabsrmm.dll but acording to readme unicode one should be used now.

Icolib.dll (latest from this thread) - version 0.0.0.2

• 2 weeks later...

i was just wondered if theres a plugin that will write the song playing in winamp as outgoing message :unsure: example..iam chating via icq and ill write /winamp and my friend will see

winamp is playing autor - title

:) all those winamp plugins for miranda are about that YOU can see what you are playing in the.. "angle" of monitor... :D (sory for my poor english, but i hope somebody understood me)

yeah and btw, veeery good guide, ive tuned up my mirande with it, thanks :happy:

I'm assuming you're using TweakUI? Go to your options and put the border back around your buddy list, resize, and remove your border

I'm assuming you're using TweakUI? Go to your options and put the border back around your buddy list, resize, and remove your border

586022409[/snapback]

Yep, that worked.

Thanks alot. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone please write a guide step by step on how to make this work. Karma, your guide doesn't seem to be working for me.

How do I make it look like this? untitled17sc.png

Edited by Tem

Where could I get CLIST_NICER.dll ? The link doesn't work in this thread so .... Anyone have any ideas ? I looked around google and couldn't find anything.