A Miranda Guide

basically, it seems that miranda is confusing as hell to get a grip of when you frist try it out. It takes a lot of time to learn, and will be the source of much frustration. It seems that even when you have an experianced hand help you, it doesn't seem to help much. Just keep on going at it, and you should adventually get the jist. I myself, don't even know how i got it to finally work, but i can change themes, and lists w/ no problems.

my god... i think my braincells are burning up. :(

miranda is hard to setup mans! till now i've reached this part.

untitled.jpg

how to i get the imac-ish chat windows and nice clist?!?!

something like this

post-55939-1118026040.png

and like this.

untitled17sc.png

Edited by y0ngcheng

start unchecking boxes. remove almost all the buttons for the chat windows, and drag your list window to be smaller. You've basically gotten past the hard part. Just play around w/ the settings. Go into message sessions - > messaging, uncheck "show tool bar" and uncheck "show status bar".

You should be able to make it look like this... untitled0wh.th.jpg

I installed Miranda yesterday, and i don?t know how to setup and config some features... plz, can someone help me?

just contact me in MSN... i?ll send a PM with my msn email.

thanks

I have been trying for about 2 weeks now and still no success.. !!!!

can someone just send me the whole directory of miranda frm their computer which is customized with all those addons here. ?? (of course not with the user log in information)..

9th.ave@gmail.com

THank u ..

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I need some help with Miranda IM. I have the latest version 0.4.0.1.

I'm trying to install this template: http://www.miranda-im.org/download/details...iewfile&id=2158 (see screenshot - the gray one).

Plugin list with versions:

plugins5xi.jpg

I've already put the template path as this screenshot shows:

template5vu.jpg

Also, I've already checked: Use IEView as default Message Log:

anj2fr.jpg

And the result is this... :wacko: :

crap6qu.jpg

Need help! Thanks

If you send a message and then right click over the space where it's supposed to appear a pop up menu should appear, finally just click on show source. Do you see some HTML and your message inside???

Yep, it shows the HMTL.

It looks good in the interior:

anljwx.jpg

But is there any way to remove all those borders, and put all the space around each message box transparent, and write in a similar box, and maybe incorporate the avatar in those boxes?

How about the contact list? Is there any way to put it completely transparent and just the names to appear in the desktop, maybe sorted by groups?

Edited by Xspyre

Anyone else having trouble logging on to AIM from miranda lately? I just updated to 4.0.1 b/c i couldn't connect w/ 4.0, and i still cannot connect.... hm. I connect fine w/ trillian...

this was probably said before, been browsing for minutes to no avail ...

how can i see the status message in the contact list ( clist nicest + 0.5.0.2 ),

the one that says, not at desk, away, etc ...

btw, i'm only using miranda for yahoo ... (if that counts ... )

here's a screeny with my current setup (really happy with it )

screeny.jpg

Would someone please send me their MIRANDA IM directory (with plugins)? Can't setup it...

Then I would be able to apply the skins.

Just PM me and I'll tell you my mail account.

Thanks in advance

I know a lot of people have had problems with miranda and the ieview plugin so just post here and i will try and help and i know karma_police will also be able to help and anyone else who wants to help. I myself had problems with ieview for quite a long time. So here is a quick guide.

<--Useful links-->

Ie view

(check there fequently as it is updated nearly daily)

tabSRMM

Miranda 0.4

Miranda zip

Miranda installer

All test builds can be found here. Miranda Blog

I warn you all the above are betas or alphas so use at your own risk.

<--IE ViewGuide-->

1.Install miranda or place miranda folder in C-Program Files.

2. Navigate to the miranda im folder and find the plugins folder. In there goes the tabSRMM.dll (more instructions included with plugin) and ieview.dll.

3. Now open up miranda go to options then Plugins and check ieview and tabsrmm.

4. Restart miranda

5. Go to options and you should see the structure has changed. Open the tree Message sessions - Message window - Message Log - Check "Activate support for external log.

6. If you have simleyadd plugin get rid of it it can cause problems. IE view has it its own smiley engine.

7. Thats it ieview should now work. You can apply css files and templates from Message sessions - IEview plugin.

585563488[/snapback]

help me. i am stuck at number 5. i cant find the "activate support for external log"

:no: