LongHorn 5XXX Preview

ok thanks yeah i guess the glass flag is exclusive to the "stuff we arnt supposed to see" and the colored flag is exclusive to the "official released stuff"

and to answer your question: its either a metadata field from those office files (like an artist field in an mp3 tag) or its something for the programer for developing the longhorn desktop search/windows search tool (like you said).

I think your wrong, since these images look like they have way too much detail and features to simply be a mock-up, but theres always the possibility.

585582589[/snapback]

and you've never seen mockup of interfaces done in photoshop before? I've seen some pretty detailed UI mockups done in flash and photoshop

Man, if anyone could make an xp visual style based on this... it would be sweet. I tried, and finished the main window. It looked awesome, but something's wrong and it won't work.

I think the min spec would be P4 1.5GH 512MB RAM and DX8.0 video card...

585583326[/snapback]

damn that's really high.... my PC do support the minimun specification but I prefer a more powerful system... is more powerful than to play DOOM 3 or HL2 :cry:

I am glad that something new about LH was released  :D it was a long dull silence so far...hopefully the tempo goes upwards now on  :yes:

585583093[/snapback]

no it wasnt find sites like aeroxp and uxe they have released tons of things while everyone was asleep. ;)

no it wasnt find sites like aeroxp and uxe they have released tons of things while everyone was asleep.  ;)

585583393[/snapback]

Not like what Paul has released today though. His information about Longhorn has probably put every Enthusiast website about LH to shame, as usual. :D

and you've never seen mockup of interfaces done in photoshop before? I've seen some pretty detailed UI mockups done in flash and photoshop

585583296[/snapback]

well ill kill your mockup theroy by telling you right now that thru the glass window you can see the machine was running a xaml animated desktop background ;)

will plex be around in the latter builds, if not what was the point of it

585583277[/snapback]

rumor is that it made a comeback some time ago...

Not like what Paul has released today though. His information about Longhorn has probably put every Enthusiast website about LH to shame, as usual.?:DD

585583408[/snapback]

again your wrong screeshots are nothing to the released glass dwm themes, desktop and preview pane aurora xamls, the games pane released into an avalon ctp app, the hoolie voice command demo, or the working stickynotes that was broke in 4074. If you feel like kissing the butt of paul so much he does have an email address.

cool :) thanks for the update (Y)

apprently i heard it will need a direct x 9 card minimum for longhorn

585583372[/snapback]

Not really....

You will able to start Longhorn with Dx8.0 even with DX7.0 card, but you're not gonna be able to use all the visual features. Personally, i'm gonna removed it anyway even though i'm running dx9.0 card. I don't need OS which takes more than games I play. If Microsoft thinks that's the way to go...hmmm they are wrong!

I wouldn't upgrade system to Longhorn because you wont see benefits of it at all, not for the first 2-3 years.

Windows XP is going to stay for the long time in my computer...

noooo it looks so screwy compared to 4074!!! i liked the enlarged back button of 4074 much more :'(

well at least i know that my skins can still be ported to this beast :D

Not really....

You will able to start Longhorn with Dx8.0 even with DX7.0 card, but you're not gonna be able to use all the visual features. Personally, i'm gonna removed it anyway even though i'm running dx9.0 card. I don't need OS which takes more than games I play. If Microsoft thinks that's the way to go...hmmm they are wrong!

I wouldn't upgrade system to Longhorn because you wont see benefits of it at all, not for the first 2-3 years.

Windows XP is going to stay for the long time in my computer...

585583441[/snapback]

um no the idea is to offload some of the OS fuctions to the gpu to save more cpu cycles for important things. since apple and microsoft are both thinking the same thing here i would asume your wrong not them :laugh:

well ill kill your mockup theroy by telling you right now that thru the glass window you can see the machine was running a xaml animated desktop background  ;)

rumor is that it made a comeback some time ago...

again your wrong screeshots are nothing to the released glass dwm themes, desktop and preview pane aurora xamls, the games pane released into an avalon ctp app, the hoolie voice command demo, or the working stickynotes that was broke in 4074. If you feel like kissing the butt of paul so much he does have an email address.

585583410[/snapback]

The main point is the majority of users don't want to know about the released glass dwm themes that much, desktop and preview pane aurora xamls, the games pane released into an avalon ctp app, the hoolie voice command demo, or the working stickynotes that was broke in 4074.

Users want information about the stuff that really matters, system requirements, and general information, not hack attack stuff that only 1% of the enthusiast community is really going to try.

if you look at the last two screenshots in a tabbed browser and click back and forth you can see Aurora! or the animated desktop. :D a little faint but they are blurry shots. i think its all hes allowed to release no?

i dont like the new back and forward buttons, the big back one and small forward ones looked cool.

edit: http://winsupersite.com/images/showcase/lh...rch_demo_01.jpg on that shot u can see some sort of dashes atop the search bar. hmm wonder what that is...

The main point is the majority of users don't want to know about the released glass dwm themes that much, desktop and preview pane aurora xamls, the games pane released into an avalon ctp app, the hoolie voice command demo, or the working stickynotes that was broke in 4074.

Users want information about the stuff that really matters, system requirements, and general information, not hack attack stuff that only 1% of the enthusiast community is really going to try.

585583520[/snapback]

altho its all part of the experience that people are missing. those are probably the crutial ements of making longhorn a worthwile purchase since it seems all the teirs are being ported back to xp and s2003. Its the peoples fault for not seeing everything but just seing pauls images because hes well known. If anyone wants to judge LH by a 3 images and not anything they can really dig in and play with (released stuffs) then thats sad. :no: Im sorry to have to infrom you that this "hack attack stuff" is whats making up the os.

FOR THE LAST TIME PEOPLE THE BUTTONS ARE NOT NEW THE TILTLE AREA IS COLAPSED YOU CAN DO THIS IN 4074. :sleep: so stop saying new

@eminem213486: Its an animated xaml desktop background it could be aurora it may be something different...

altho its all part of the experience that people are missing. those are probably the crutial ements of making longhorn a worthwile purchase since it seems all the teirs are being ported back to xp and s2003. Its the peoples fault for not seeing everything but just seing pauls images because hes well known. If anyone wants to judge LH by a 3 images and not anything they can really dig in and play with (released stuffs) then thats sad.  :no: Im sorry to have to infrom you that this "hack attack stuff" is whats making up the os.

FOR THE LAST TIME PEOPLE THE BUTTONS ARE NOT NEW THE TILTLE AREA IS COLAPSED YOU CAN DO THIS IN 4074.  :sleep:  so stop saying new

@eminem213486: Its an animated xaml desktop background it could be aurora it may be something different...

585583689[/snapback]

The point is, we don't like what seems to look like new buttons.

One thing users should be aware of is that Longhorn will include a new kernel and will thus not offer the same level of compatibility with legacy 16-bit and 32-bit code that Windows XP does today

WTF, Less compatBILITY with 32 bit code????????

they are the standard jade buttons, the toolbar is just set to the small icons mode. I posted a link earlier to me doing the same thing in 4074, but obviously you guys can't read, so here's a nice big image of it:

post-821-1110241697_thumb.jpg

they are the standard jade buttons, the toolbar is just set to the small icons mode. I posted a link earlier to me doing the same thing in 4074, but obviously you guys can't read, so here's a nice big image of it:

585583766[/snapback]

thankyou for explaining to these people that its nothing new :)

fargly...? but some of the ways to organise and stuff are nice.. but the interface team should be fired!!!!!!!!!!

585583769[/snapback]

they finaly introduce glass into a piece of software called windows and people complain :rofl::