LongHorn 5XXX Preview

wrong, Classic look better. lol. that is just nasty looking. In a bad way i mean this

585584947[/snapback]

a few pages back someone prove my point also the windows classic theme does not match the sidebar (if its still around) and the taskbar. so its going to be sorta gross looking even if you turn off sidebar you have a grey taskbar that doesnt match the windows classic windows :laugh:

I mean for all the people hating the windows look and themes and the ones who truely never intend to run any theme but classic theres better shell alternatives for windows were you dont even have to look at explorer and they happen to be lite on the ram. why people complain when they dont have to run exploerer as their shell is beyond me :unsure:

I don't think the looks of Longhorn is a priority atm. MS will probably try to introduce the features they want before taking looks into consideration.

585585259[/snapback]

oh looks is a big priority theres different labs and no one is seeing the work from the one doing the looks (and thats the way microsoft wants it to be) ;)

MSN Desktop Search isn't much good compared to the LH, especially the indexing, even compared to the 4074 Fast Search IMO ...

Thanks for the heads up BTW :)

This may be the current build number:

6.0.5033.0 (winmain.050119-2030)

found it on the UXEvolutions website.

585582566[/snapback]

Wow... Windows Neptune Build numbers (aka 5111)

i love how cream givesout partly number of the Build. Makes me go looking for it. Last time i found some screenshots of it, Which was really kol!

Am i right in thinking that winmain builds are rarely updated with the fancy stuff, only when they wanna make a release do the other labs "merge" their bits into that to create a proper winmain build? so the ux team would have UIs like the pics shown, but they wont be put into winmain until say...beta 2?

That's not in any build 5xxx builds, it's concept but the filtering works and is present in build 504x at the moment :)

585585547[/snapback]

Dang, 504x already? Windows Team is moving fast.

How does cream know all this?

585586858[/snapback]

I guess its through osmosis.

What happend to :All 5XXX builds heve Luna"?

585587272[/snapback]

Cream changed them.

i love how cream givesout partly number of the Build. Makes me go looking for it. Last time i found some screenshots of it, Which was really kol!

585585823[/snapback]

lol your not going to find screenshots of a 50xx build on the web :laugh: