Mac desktops

Originally posted by Dazzla

Damn that's sweet, few questions ;)

What wallpaper is that? Is that windowshadeX? and finally, can you hook me up with that Chimera mod?

Guess I am missing something here. What Chimera mod?

long time listener, first time caller :bandit:

this is an old desktop pic of mine i took from a windowmaker setup i had on my linux box.

my name is sparkleytone, and i'm a switcher :)

bsd%20angel.png

Originally posted by Dazzla

Newest desktop, I've given Jaguar the boot and I'm back to 10.1.x for now.

The theme is alumite, icons are carlito drives and some cool new ones at Xicons, wallpaper is a wallpaper from the July thread and just modified by me to match the theme better.

I'd Like To HAve That GREAT WALLPAPER pliiz

Yo GatorZx2, How Do ya do the 'rollup' on active Windows, aller OS 9!? thats something i've missed in X, and has caused my Dock 2 have Too Many Windows Minimized, which i don't like!

Can you hook me up with tha info buddy ;)

:D

...Damn all of u, customizing it! .. Usually i would Down with it all! ... But i am Happy with how it looks in Aqua! ... So here's my 'desktop' anyhow! ... sorry 2 be a bore, but maybe u all forgot what aqua looks like anyhow, (so in which case) ... this is REFRESHING!!! :D

jaguar.jpg

NeYo

PS: has anyone ever tried pressing the button on this Forum in Chimera?! .... is it usually fcuked? ... it acted like i was typing a password, NOT a url! :ermm:

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~

PS: has anyone ever tried pressing the button on this Forum in Chimera?! .... is it usually fcuked? ... it acted like i was typing a password, NOT a url! :ermm:

Download the latest nightly, that's fixed.

Yo GatorZx2, How Do ya do the 'rollup' on active Windows, aller OS 9!? thats something i've missed in X, and has caused my Dock 2 have Too Many Windows Minimized, which i don't like!

Can you hook me up with tha info buddy ;)

:D

...Damn all of u, customizing it! .. Usually i would Down with it all! ... But i am Happy with how it looks in Aqua! ... So here's my 'desktop' anyhow! ... sorry 2 be a bore, but maybe u all forgot what aqua looks like anyhow, (so in which case) ... this is REFRESHING!!! :D

http://idisk.mac.com/bo_selecta/Public/jaguar.jpg

NeYo

Use WindowShadeX for rollup windows. It's not free though, but you can get a demo at www.unsanity.com .

Another tip though, you can press command+h to hide all windows of the current app (not minimize them). Then when you click the app's dock icon, they will pop up again. I've found this very useful.

Originally posted by superfula

http://idisk.mac.com/superfula/Public/826desktop.jpg

My current desktop. Too many cool backgrounds to choose from! I love my transparentdock/cleardock/mip mutant dock

Woah?! WTF... how come u have 'active windows' ... in like a Side Dock?! :confused: ... tell me tell me!! ... i hate having Windows minimized in my Dock, so make use of Apple + H ... but that looks cool, or is it some illusion?!

NeYo

Originally posted by superfula

My current desktop. Too many cool backgrounds to choose from! I love my transparentdock/cleardock/mip mutant dock

And u have Vanity Dockling Working Jaguar?! ...If so, can u fix me up?! ... thats a cool lil app! ... but all the ones i tried, had worked in 10.1... but recently deceased! :(

NeYo

Woah?! WTF... how come u have 'active windows' ... in like a Side Dock?! :confused: ... tell me tell me!! ... i hate having Windows minimized in my Dock, so make use of Apple + H ... but that looks cool, or is it some illusion?!

NeYo

It's called minimise in place, you can just minimise the windows right unerneath your cursor.

attachment.php?s=&postid=75255

Download here

Dazzla, Y'are a TOP MAN! :D ... i owe u a pint sometime! ;)

any other cool hacks worth while?! ...Oh, and is anyone using an IntelliMouse explorer on 10.2?! ... it's not working properly for me :ermm:

NeYo

Well dazzla took care of mip. The vanity dockling is the same one that has always worked in 10.1.x. I just put it in my dock, and added it to the startup (system preferences, login items)

And I'm using an intellimouse explorer. Works fine for me. Did you install the drivers? What's not working for you?

And the guitar icons, i think they are somewhere here http://xicons.macnn.com/ If not, I have no clue where I got them

Dazzla, Y'are a TOP MAN! :D ... i owe u a pint sometime! ;)

any other cool hacks worth while?! ...Oh, and is anyone using an IntelliMouse explorer on 10.2?! ... it's not working properly for me :ermm:

NeYo

If you upgraded then I've heard instances where the installation of the mouse drivers become corrupt. Uninstall the intellimouse software then reinstall it again.

Themes are up and running on 10.2 if you didn't know. I use Duality 3.1 for that. You can get B00zo's themes from here.

• 3 weeks later...