Mac desktops

huh? you can actually run the screensaver all the time as your desktop??

Yeah. It's a "feature" of Jaguar that lets you put the current screensaver as the backgroun. You can type the command (can't remember what it is) into Terminal, or dl an app from Versiontracker. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of that either... :blink: But yeah, with a screen saver like the aquarium one, it really eats up system resources

huh? you can actually run the screensaver all the time as your desktop??

Towards the bottom of this URL: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...ST&f=60&t=51777

I made a post on how to do it.

And in all honesty, I don't notice too much of a slowdown when running the screensaver as a background. Every now and then, it'll hiccup but for the most part everything runs pretty good. And I'm on a measly 450 mhz G4 with a 16 meg video card.

I did make sure that the preferences for the screensaver were set up to make the video run the best it can.

You can see my prefs for the screensaver in the shot below.

Also, I can't take credit for the code that you type into terminal, cause I originally found it at this link

post-60-1038330341.gif

Edited by akuma

GatorZx2, i love your desktop...im using bbx too now, but where did you get those icons? Does anyone know if you can get the mmx icon sets for os x? Also, does anybody have any good suggestions on where to get some sweet os x icons? besides xicons.com

Thanks

GatorZx2, i love your desktop...im using bbx too now, but where did you get those icons? Does anyone know if you can get the mmx icon sets for os x? Also, does anybody have any good suggestions on where to get some sweet os x icons? besides xicons.com

Thanks

Head on over to www.mmicons.com , and download all 80 million of them. :D Thanks for the comment.

www.rad-e8.com

www.iconfactory.com

:) Thanks every neowin mac users for the tips and guides, i finally get a clue on how mac works. :D

Thanks Dazzla, Wickedkitten, GatorZx2, superfula, Silvorgold, timdorr, and especially Cerbero for teaching me how to customize! :rolleyes:

dec_thumb_01.jpg

Thats slick gator! man these desktops make my wait for my Ti PowerBook even more painfull... ugh i have to wait so long

any chance that theme could be ported to xp, i know its watercolor but iwth the blue thin task bar and white apple, looks slick

wonder what DASHBOARD would look like in osx lol hint hint, gator one of the first desktops you have that look good :p, besides ur very first one with aqua :yes: