• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Neowin's NCAA Tournament Pick 'Em

AppleDave    1

Making my picks now, they are pretty crazy

BroChaos    1

you gotta be crazy...

there's always at least what, 8-10 upsets in the first 32 games? if not more...

Steffan    92

remember, at least one #12 seed has upset a #5 seed in the last 15 of 16 years.

BroChaos    1

good point. i think new mexico will beat villanova. who did villanova beat besides kansas?

Steffan    92

I have ODU beating Michigan State.

L3thal    2
good point.  i think new mexico will beat villanova.  who did villanova beat besides kansas?

585617365[/snapback]

West Virginia

Notre Dame

Pittsburgh (twice)

Boston College

St. Joe's

Villanova is my cinderella this year :yes:

L3thal    2
I have ODU beating Michigan State.

585617405[/snapback]

I may pick that as well.

BroChaos    1

no way, spartans are tough, they almost beat unc at unc. plus izzo wouldn't let that happen. we all know the big east was overrated, beatin WVU, notre dame (even my team michigan beat ND ;)), and st. joes isn't much. even pitt is a stretch for a quality win, and there was a reason BC was the lowest ranked undefeated team (and when they finally got up there in the rankings, what did they do? lose like 2 of 3 or something...)

mattmatik    76

Ok, my picks are in.

I know I'm going to go down hard...I have maybe 3 good upsets for the first round, but you probably can't even call them upsets since the seeding is so close (St. Mary's, Iowa, NC State). And what's more, these are all 7 vs. 10 games. :no:

Personally, I don't think there will be a 5-12 upset this year. I sincerely doubt Tom Izzo will let his team fall into that trap. I guess New Mexico has the best chance but I've seen Villanova play some really good ball this year.

Sleeper pick for me is Georgia Tech. My Final Four is Illinois, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, and Syracuse. UNC over Illinois in the championship (I have a strange feeling, however, UNC could be the first top seed to go, judging by their very lame and pathetic ACC performance).

BroChaos    1

i have illinoi, GT, syracuse, and then florida beating unc for the final 4....very similar ;)

bigbluepride35    0

Everyone ready for tonight's opening round (its really a play-in but we'll let them have their illusions). Should be a thrilling barn-burner. And for the winner? A chance to be embarrassed on national TV by UNC. Yet, i'll STILL watch it tonight. I have a sickness.

BroChaos    1

haha, i'm watching right now. whats up with the weird camera angle? i feel like i'm watching from outer space...

D!ABOL!C    50

WooHoo! Go Oakland. I'm gonna see them in Charlotte on Friday!

bigbluepride35    0

Well that was disappointing. Was looking for a better game. Gosh when Bama A&M was running Oakland looked bad. When UNC runs on them they'll get killed. Poor guys.

BroChaos    1

oakland over unc first round!!

first time ever, right? 16 over a 1?

thechitowncubs    0

im signed up

bed time :pinch:

L3thal    2
oakland over unc first round!!

first time ever, right?  16 over a 1?

585622754[/snapback]

Imagine :o

Oakland is like 5 games below .500 too :laugh:

bigbluepride35    0

let the madness begin!!!!! :D :laugh: :woot: :yes:

Anyone fortunate enough to have DirectTV for this joyous time of the year? I'm not :(

BroChaos    1

get ready for tipoff!!

why is only cbs covering the games? this sucks.

is each region getting a different game? cuz if so, i'm gonna have to get my buddy at work to hack the satellite box so i can get every reagion up on a tv :p

bigbluepride35    0
get ready for tipoff!!

why is only cbs covering the games?? this sucks.?

is each region getting a different game?? cuz if so, i'm gonna have to get my buddy at work to hack the satellite box so i can get every reagion up on a :p :p

585629930[/snapback]

Yeah it is gonna be regional so if you want to watch what you want when you want you may have to get "creative") ;) with that box. I'm sure if theres a close game and a blowout at the same time they'll show the close one but I know they screwed that up quite a bit last year. We'll see.

For those of us who don't have that luxury http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/scoreboard for quick realtime updates and play-by-play. Very quick too. Maybe a four second delay. (Um ok its a bit slower than that now but still decent lol).

Edited by bigbluepride35

BroChaos    1

so what game do you ahve on right now? i'm getting e. kentucky vs. kentucky and i'm in los angeles.

/edit

damn, gotta love the intensity these underdogs bring. early on, they are both leading. (even if only for a short time)

bigbluepride35    0

Yeah i think Kentucky is the "spotlight" game so unless you're in a region with a team plying you'll get that. I have them too but I'm guessing that at 12:40 ill either get pitt/pacific (good) or Niagara/Oklahoma (bad) since i'm in new york.

/edit

Yup just switched to Pitt-Pacific. Should be a good game i hope. Wow gotta love Pacific's all-international team. Those names are brutal to pronounce lol

djsaad1    7

Any good updates about the games going on right now. I am at work cant see any of them.

bigbluepride35    0
Any good updates about the games going on right now. I am at work cant see any of them.

585630025[/snapback]

U-W Milwuakee is up by 9 on 'Bama. UK up by 7 on EKU and Pacific up 6-0 on Pitt

Go http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/scoreboard for pretty good realtime updates if you want

djsaad1    7

wow alabama is getting killed