Neowin's NCAA Tournament Pick 'Em

good point.  i think new mexico will beat villanova.  who did villanova beat besides kansas?

585617365[/snapback]

West Virginia

Notre Dame

Pittsburgh (twice)

Boston College

St. Joe's

Villanova is my cinderella this year :yes:

no way, spartans are tough, they almost beat unc at unc. plus izzo wouldn't let that happen. we all know the big east was overrated, beatin WVU, notre dame (even my team michigan beat ND ;)), and st. joes isn't much. even pitt is a stretch for a quality win, and there was a reason BC was the lowest ranked undefeated team (and when they finally got up there in the rankings, what did they do? lose like 2 of 3 or something...)

Ok, my picks are in.

I know I'm going to go down hard...I have maybe 3 good upsets for the first round, but you probably can't even call them upsets since the seeding is so close (St. Mary's, Iowa, NC State). And what's more, these are all 7 vs. 10 games. :no:

Personally, I don't think there will be a 5-12 upset this year. I sincerely doubt Tom Izzo will let his team fall into that trap. I guess New Mexico has the best chance but I've seen Villanova play some really good ball this year.

Sleeper pick for me is Georgia Tech. My Final Four is Illinois, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, and Syracuse. UNC over Illinois in the championship (I have a strange feeling, however, UNC could be the first top seed to go, judging by their very lame and pathetic ACC performance).

Everyone ready for tonight's opening round (its really a play-in but we'll let them have their illusions). Should be a thrilling barn-burner. And for the winner? A chance to be embarrassed on national TV by UNC. Yet, i'll STILL watch it tonight. I have a sickness.

Well that was disappointing. Was looking for a better game. Gosh when Bama A&M was running Oakland looked bad. When UNC runs on them they'll get killed. Poor guys.

oakland over unc first round!!

first time ever, right?  16 over a 1?

585622754[/snapback]

Imagine :o

Oakland is like 5 games below .500 too :laugh:

let the madness begin!!!!! :D :laugh: :woot: :yes:

Anyone fortunate enough to have DirectTV for this joyous time of the year? I'm not :(

get ready for tipoff!!

why is only cbs covering the games? this sucks.

is each region getting a different game? cuz if so, i'm gonna have to get my buddy at work to hack the satellite box so i can get every reagion up on a tv :p

get ready for tipoff!!

why is only cbs covering the games?? this sucks.?

is each region getting a different game?? cuz if so, i'm gonna have to get my buddy at work to hack the satellite box so i can get every reagion up on a :p :p

585629930[/snapback]

Yeah it is gonna be regional so if you want to watch what you want when you want you may have to get "creative") ;) with that box. I'm sure if theres a close game and a blowout at the same time they'll show the close one but I know they screwed that up quite a bit last year. We'll see.

For those of us who don't have that luxury http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/scoreboard for quick realtime updates and play-by-play. Very quick too. Maybe a four second delay. (Um ok its a bit slower than that now but still decent lol).

Edited by bigbluepride35

so what game do you ahve on right now? i'm getting e. kentucky vs. kentucky and i'm in los angeles.

/edit

damn, gotta love the intensity these underdogs bring. early on, they are both leading. (even if only for a short time)

Yeah i think Kentucky is the "spotlight" game so unless you're in a region with a team plying you'll get that. I have them too but I'm guessing that at 12:40 ill either get pitt/pacific (good) or Niagara/Oklahoma (bad) since i'm in new york.

/edit

Yup just switched to Pitt-Pacific. Should be a good game i hope. Wow gotta love Pacific's all-international team. Those names are brutal to pronounce lol