Tiger has gone Gold

They don't do software discounts at retail Apple stores. I went a Apple store to buy iWork and I was told that they couldn't accept it but I could use the discount at the online stores.

yeah for sure! they offer student deals on iPods also if your looking

585738017[/snapback]

nah i got an iPod already but thanks anyhow!

iPod student discounts are ending. i called up to place an order with one at my apple retailer (not apple store as none in australia) and they said apple has told them that student discounts as of 31st march or something like that but they have extended it for 2 weeks because of orders or something like that.. . i made that call yesterday. any1 else able to confirm this change is happening in other countries?

Nobody in the store has any info about tiger besides what is on the apple website so don?t waste our time by asking. It is hilarious how quickly people will eat up the news that those rumor sites provide, it seems like they drive right to the stores right after they read it and ask us millions of questions. Also as far as student discounts you need a driver?s license and your student ID to receive any kind of student discount in the store and that is only valid on hardware. As far as I know, there are still student discounts on all iPods except the 512 shuffle.

Yeah, I'm sure the iPod discount discontinuation is only in Australia.

MonkeyClaw: For Panther's release, they had a Friday-night Launch Party at all Apple Stores called "Night of the Panther". Apple gave 10% off the purchase of a new Mac. I'm not sure if that also applied to purchases of Panther.

"Night of the Tiger" just makes me want to sing Eye of the Tiger. :p

I would say that an announcement is imminent. I've heard that Apple are already working on 10.4.1 and I think they are going to complete that before announcing Tiger. It will update many of the little glitches that the GM had, I believe they want to get the update ready so it's available as soon as Tiger is.

I too hope it is announced soon. I also hope some updates to their products are announced along with it. I want a new iMac G5 20" to be announced so I can get that with Tiger at the same time.

So far only the client version of Tiger has gone gold, the server version is still in the works, according to AppleInsider. Since Apple has always announced both at the same time, Tiger isn't likely to be announced until the developement of both its client and server version is complete, methinks.

do you really believe AppleInsider? i'm not sure about their "rumours" (if i should call it that)

585742306[/snapback]

I hold no stock in what AI says. I'm going by what other people I know are saying who have been correct in the past.

AI repeats Think Secrets exclustives and says their 'sources' also confirm pretty much the same thing. Or they say they intinally recived reports but didn't report on it. AI isn't excatly in my book for being a rumor site I could trust.