Google plans to double Gmail capacity

Google will dominate the internet one day. In a good way though. I love Google. :happy:

I can't wait till they release there web browser. It'd be sooo cooooooool. :)

I'll use it to access my 2GB gmail account. And search for stuff on Google, and look for great deals on Froogle, and look for directions on Google Maps. Google is like... Microsoft, they are taking over, IN A GOOD WAY!

Google will dominate the internet one day.  In a good way though.  I love Google.  :happy:

I can't wait till they release there web browser.  It'd be sooo cooooooool. :)

I'll use it to access my 2GB gmail account.  And search for stuff on Google, and look for great deals on Froogle, and look for directions on Google Maps.  Google is like... Microsoft, they are taking over, IN A GOOD WAY!

585707131[/snapback]

u have everything planned eh? :laugh:

maybe it's an april joke?

585707216[/snapback]

if it is then google needs to get a life :wacko:

+ dont they have only 1 apr. fools juke per yr?

and why does it still say this @ gmail page :

Don't throw anything away.

1000 megabytes of free storage so you'll never need to delete another message.

:ninja: :o

damn....doubling the storage to 2GB is a definate wow. hahah i haven't even reached the 50% mark of the 1GB :p

EDIT: i meant to say was that i had just reached the 5% mark of the 1GB. blah..brain not working properly :wacko:

Edited by [M]

Lol. Sure, whatever.

Although they introduced Gmail on April 1st too.. uhhh :unsure:

585707243[/snapback]

O did they? Then maybe its true :D

ok, i noticed something when i justed checked my gmail account. Whenever i refresh the page the storage amount increases. Is it just me or is gmail upgrading storage 1MB at a time?

:wacko: :pinch:

post-44051-1112337550.jpg

post-44051-1112337563.jpg

post-44051-1112337572.jpg

post-44051-1112337596.jpg

post-44051-1112337605.jpg

Wow, cool, mine started to go up its at 1079mb. 1 question, r they giving 50 Gmail invites 2 everyone???

585707308[/snapback]

Yes, I have 50 too. Almost everyone has it unless they used them all up.

,Apr 1 2005, 00:41]ok, i noticed something when i justed checked my gmail account.? Whenever i refresh the page the storage amount increases.? Is it just me or is gmail upgrading storage 1MB at a time?

:wacko:pinch:h:

585707323[/snapback]

I have 1082 mb

edit

I just refreshed it and got 1084 mb

2GB? Amazing! What's next? .... Yahoo! and Hotmail raising their quotas to a 1TB? Maybe in 10 years.

Won't this just makes room for more spam and unnecessary load? Spamers spamming and people deleting.

Well right now, I'm using 79MB of space with my GMail account. Been using it since my professor gave me an invite when it was first out for BETA.

googlegmailsize.PNG

I guess the more space, the more the competition. Yahoo! Premium is $20 for 2GB and they are going to begin offering 1GB for free soon ( http://whatsnew.mail.yahoo.com/ ). Hopefully Yahoo! will increase the space for premium users if GMail goes up to 2GB for free.

Competition. It's always great for the consumer! :D

It would be nice to increase the attachment size. By doing that, Gmail Drive would be more useful (limit= only 10 MB actually).

585706913[/snapback]

I agree. All these service providers should realise that beyond a certain point increase in space becomes useless. I would rather have an increase in attachment size allowed. Even in the case of Yahoo (imminent increase to 1GB from the present 250MB) I would rather have an increase in briefcase and photo storage space.

Instead, Harik detailed plans to immediately double the storage capacity of GMail accounts from 1GB to 2GB. In addition, Google will continue to increase GMail account capacity beyond 2GB; effectively creating a limitless storage medium for users.

"One gigabyte did seem like a lot, but it turns out there are a lot of heavy users of mail," he said. "They send attachments, share photos. It all adds up."

Heavy users are otherwise known as "Warez Pirates"...hahahaha.