Best Buy has Man Arrested for using $2 Bills

i think he should sue too. they are morons for not knowing that $2 bills are legal tender. And i guarantee that the smeared ink part was made up just to slightly cover their dumbasses.

poor guy. It seems like he was a good-ole nice guy that loved kids. sux that it had to happen to him.

While I do agree this is stupid and that the process that was taken was completely out of proportion, I'm not surprise. A few months back when I complained to a ticket agent at a subway station for not accepting my change so I can get a bill back, I called and complained about the incident and to my surprise, there are certain laws about how much change can be given in a certain amount of dollars. But then again, this is a Canadian law. I don't know if a similar law exists within the States though...

People are so retarded, it boggles my mind when I think of all the people that don't even know that $2 bills are legal tender.?:blink::

585740721[/snapback]

i think he should sue too. they are morons for not knowing that $2 bills are legal tender. And i guarantee that the smeared ink part was made up just to slightly cover their dumbasses.
You guys misread the article: nobody was questioning whether $2 bills are legal currency. The question was about whether the bills were genuine, given the ink smearing and successive serial numbers on the bills.

I think it's silly that they made such a humiliating public spectacle about it. I also think the spokesperson's quote about post-9/11 scrutiny is absurd. This had nothing to do with terrorism. The Secret Service is the agency that handles counterfeit currency claims. Everyone thinks that if the SS is involved, then it must be matter of immediate national security, which is not the case.

And for everyone's benefit: If you report to the police counterfeit money that somebody gave to you, the money will be confiscated and you will NOT be compensated for it.

And for everyone's benefit: If you report to the police counterfeit money that somebody gave to you, the money will be confiscated and you will NOT be compensated for it.

nor will they laud you for your exemplary photoshop skillz.

I feel a boycott of Best Buy ensuing. That is murdeous to do something like that to someone. But the police were ust doing their job. Oh well.

This guy should sue BestBuy and the police department definitely.

On a side note, has anyone ever been unfortunate enough to have to unload a $1 coin? People look at you like you're paying them in candy wrappers. I hate those things.

If any of you ACTUALLY bothered to read the article. You would have noticed a few things..

The man paid with a bunch of 2 dollar bills

The ink smeared and the serial numbers where succesive

In turn the cashier though they where fake

in turn called the police

Which inturn arrested him

wich then lead to him being humiliated and such.

BBY isnt really at fault because they where doing there job. If they WHERE fake then nobody would be complaining. But the cashier perceived them as being fake and it was the authorities who are the ones who emabarresed him. I think that something more had to have happened besides what actually said.

He can definately sue Best Buy for defamation of character, as he should.

Also, paranoid in the post 9/11-world? Please. Since when does using $2 bills support terrorism? Dumbest statement I've ever read.

Best Buy for defamation of character,

defamation of character? its the police that should be sued. The cashier was just doing his/her job.

Making a joke involving federal property (money) is a "thought crime" under Bush imperial law which defines such activity as "un-American" and says that pranks are the work of "Godless liberals" trying to poison your mind ...

I mean, "Homeland Security." 

Or something.

585740734[/snapback]

:rolleyes: As if this has anything to do with Bush or the government. :rolleyes:

yeah people are paranoid about 9/11 who has been organized by their own governement.

585740741[/snapback]

Could use English, please? I'm not quite sure what you posted, but I believe I spotted you the other day.

tinfoilhats-oregon-012005.jpg

defamation of character? its the police that should be sued. The cashier was just doing his/her job.

585741323[/snapback]

Doing their job? $2 are completely legal. They called the cops on him and had him arrested. The cops aren't there to check the bills since its not their job, they have people do that for them. The manager didn't do his/her job in checking them correctly, or knowing the proper procedures (period). The cops were doing their job and had it figured out.

It wouldn't be the cashier that got sued either, it would be the store. It would fall on the managers shoulders for not handling the situation in the correct fashion.

...The ink smeared and ...

585741299[/snapback]

in the artice it said the cashier marked each bill with an ink pen, it doesn't say if the smeared ink is the bill itself or that marking.

I think it was the cashiers being stupid that caused the confusion in the first place.

$2 are completely legal. They called the cops on him and had him arrested. The cops aren't there to check the bills since its not their job, they have people do that for them.

The in smuged and the serial numbers where close. so they appeared fake...

Could use English, please? I'm not quite sure what you posted, but I believe I spotted you the other day.

tinfoilhats-oregon-012005.jpg

585741349[/snapback]

lol! he'll just say the government organized that too :wacko:

Which is why the cashier got a manager. The article said a pen was used, right? I've always seen a black marker used and if it wouldn't make a mark, the bill was fake.

rofl sure not. people that still believe the official report about 9/11 are the most ignorant.

585740761[/snapback]

please die now

585740769[/snapback]

yeahthat.gif

in the artice it said the cashier marked each bill with an ink pen, it doesn't say if the smeared ink is the bill itself or that marking.
A Best Buy manager refused comment last week. But, according to a Baltimore County police arrest report, suspicions were roused when an employee noticed some smearing of ink. So the cops were called in. One officer noticed the bills ran in sequential order.