Best Buy has Man Arrested for using $2 Bills

The guy pays in legal currency, the guy has the company lie about a free fitting, then the guy is humiliated in front of passers by in irons and cuffs, ohh what if he was a terrorist brandishing an Uzi , I wonder, if this is the way America treats honest hard working citizens then I will have to reconsider my migration with my wealth and skills to the states and (god rest my soul) migrate to Canada instead!

Perhaps that's why she said she didn't have to accept them?

585741744[/snapback]

The government cannot force the private sector to stock the currency and use it to provide change to the customer (or other busines functions). But it is still legal tender and according to US law, *MUST* be accepted.

As it reads on all United States paper currenty "This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private."

The guy pays in legal currency, the guy has the company lie about a free fitting, then the guy is humiliated in front of passers by in irons and cuffs, ohh what if he was a terrorist brandishing an Uzi , I wonder, if this is the way America treats honest hard working citizens then I will have to reconsider my migration with my wealth and skills to the states and (god rest my soul) migrate to Canada instead!

Oh please. You will find stories like this in any country, they are isolated incidents. And in all seriousness, the guy paid in $2 bills to intentionally smite Best Buy (who are at blame here).

Anyway, I can find just as many stories about England citizens getting the shaft. So don't start.

The government cannot force the private sector to stock the currency and use it to provide change to the customer (or other busines functions).  But it is still legal tender and according to US law, *MUST* be accepted. 

As it reads on all United States paper currenty "This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private."

Oh please.  You will find stories like this in any country, they are isolated incidents.  And in all seriousness, the guy paid in $2 bills to intentionally smite Best Buy (who are at blame here).

Anyway, I can find just as many stories about England citizens getting the shaft.  So don't start.

585746210[/snapback]

Post them please.

Edit: Best Buy acted inappropriate? What about the police? What happened to innocent until proven guilty? They carted him off to jail and held him until he was proven to be innocent.

585740754[/snapback]

Yeah...are you trying to argue my point or add to it? :)

That is nuts ! I hope they all get sued and that stupid cashier gets her ass kicked later on in life :angry:

BTW - Solarix, who's that in your signature :woot:

As far as I'm concerned, BB crossed the line when they called and threatened him with police action for not paying when he was told payment wasn't required. F'n jerks! They should all be lined up and have a railroad spike pounded through their chodes!

Hey what if you went to best buy and buy something. When the cashier gives you change back, say that it is counterfit bills and call the cops.

OK fine that is immature, but they deserve it.

Yeah,

One of my friends used to work at Best Buy... According to him, the employees don't work on commission so they don't care what you buy, the computer techs don't know jack about computers and sometimes don't even own one. They mark up a $5000 TV by $2000 or more, and when you buy a computer, they just throw in $70 ink cartidges into your cart when you aren't looking, and so when you go to check out, you won't notice since you are already spending so much. Also, when they have sales, you know how they advertise in circulars on Sunday, they tend not to stock enough of them in the store so that when you get there, they say they ran out. Then they try to sell you something else that's more expensive so its more money for them. Yeah, I don't know why in the world anyone would ever go there, the prices suck, and there's so much deception. Instead use the internet and get the best price, and have it sent to your door! SCREW YOU BEST BUY AND YOUR SLEAZY SALES METHODS!

Drew

that has to be the dumbest comment i have ever heard. Not all people are like that, Yes we dont work on commision, second (at my store) i would be fired on the spot for throwing anything in a cart and not telling the customer. If your freind told you anything at all he would know that there is like almost no markup in computers at all. and if the employee follows procedure then he would generally show you alternate items from a lower price range, similiar, and higher. the lack of stock is not done on purpose, atleast at my store we generally sell out of the high end computers, and the lower end.

i would be ****ED, id be sueing there happy asses how ****ing stupid can people get :angry:

i would be ****ED, id be sueing there happy asses how ****ing stupid can people get :angry:

585747382[/snapback]

Esspecially for the humiliation they put him through, I bet he could make a forune

I've heard so many bad things about this BEST BUY place... it's like all the employees are doing you a favour by SELLING you stuff. It's NUTS! Only in America, eh? People sue each other for the smallest of things. People call the cops for the smallest of things? People get segregated as a criminal for paying in $2 bills.... talk about mass paranoia, WHAT NEXT!?!?

Yeah,

One of my friends used to work at Best Buy... According to him, the employees don't work on commission so they don't care what you buy, the computer techs don't know jack about computers and sometimes don't even own one. They mark up a $5000 TV by $2000 or more, and when you buy a computer, they just throw in $70 ink cartidges into your cart when you aren't looking, and so when you go to check out, you won't notice since you are already spending so much. Also, when they have sales, you know how they advertise in circulars on Sunday, they tend not to stock enough of them in the store so that when you get there, they say they ran out. Then they try to sell you something else that's more expensive so its more money for them. Yeah, I don't know why in the world anyone would ever go there, the prices suck, and there's so much deception. Instead use the internet and get the best price, and have it sent to your door! SCREW YOU BEST BUY AND YOUR SLEAZY SALES METHODS!

Drew

Nice way to generalize a whole company from what your friend stated.

First of all, yes, I don't give a damn what you buy because I'm not on commission, however, if we don't perform like expected, they fire your ass.

Second, who said their PC techs don't know jack about PC's? Fortunately, I do know how to build PC's and how they function and there are a few others who also know in my department, so again, stop generalizing because your friend worked in a store ranked in the lower 600's.

Third, Best Buy is not the only store jacking up TV prices. Go to Circuit City and they're the same price or higher, so don't act like Best Buy is the only one doing it.

Fourth, we cannot throw stuff into the cart of a customer without getting their consent; that violates CARE Plus (firing offense). Again, its not my fault your friend worked in a sleazy store where they have to sneak in ink to get some revenue, or lack there of.

Fifth, I never sell a customer a PC over $1,000 unless they strictly say they don't want a piece of junk PC.

Sixth, our prices suck? I can sure tell they do when my store is stuffed with customers up to the roof.

Lastly, lets not forget Best Buy is the first store to declare that they will get rid of rebates because of too many customer complaints. Tell me, what other store would do that? Have fun trying to get an answer.

goes to show you that the GOVERNMENT is stupid. we should overthrow them all!! lol... lets end George Bush's "Reign of Terror". hes the real idiot. i might not be american, but i know that much :laugh:

Sixth, our prices suck?  I can sure tell they do when my store is stuffed with customers up to the roof.

585747616[/snapback]

They do for the little stuff... 30$ for a USB Cable?

soooooo retarded... i feel like paying bestbuy in change.. and seeing what happens :p

They do for the little stuff... 30$ for a USB Cable?

585747650[/snapback]

I agree with you in that, but that is the little stuff. I was talking about the big things like PC's. There's always Radio Shack for USB cables anyway.

well i think bestbuy would rather not keep ****ing their customers off with crappy rebates than continue to have them. Maybe they should all take a cue from staples and do them online. I have never had a problem with a rebate from them.