Best Buy has Man Arrested for using $2 Bills

this is the reason that i believe that the search for intelligent life in the universe needs to start on this planet

:blink: :hmmm: :huh: :argh:

Fahrenheit presented facts, thought it might have been edited in such a way so that Michael Moore's points got across more prominently; that doesn't discredit the whole film. :rolleyes:

585740798[/snapback]

Farenheit 911 presented facts? You don't know what the word "fact" means, do you?

Moore made a "documentary" claiming Bush lied, yet his "documentary" was too full of lies and inaccuracies to be believed by any intelligent person.

argh, I hate BestBuy, they overcharge and treat people like jerks. They tried to walk me out of the store one time because I was playing with one of the computers they had on display. They said that I was trying to install a virus. Such bull crap. They actually came to me and grabbed my arm and asked me to come with them to exit the store. I made a huge scene and asked to speak to a manager. He apologized and offered me a 10% discount on anything I wanted. I was ****ed. The 10% discount was still not worth it, they mark everything up like 50-75% what you can get it for @ other stores online.

I don't know if anybody has said this yet, I don't have time to read through 6 pages right now, but what about silver dollars. My uncle was given a hundred or so of them and gave me a bunch. I used them to buy some stuff and while paying the clerk looked at me like I was crazy. I know that I didn't know that $2 bills were real until high school. I guess if we don't see it everyday, then we don't know what to do.

see..everyone here is now like "sue bb".. "boycott bb" ... the guy new it was going to stir up trouble... so he should not be surprised at the outcome... not saying what happened was right.. but when you mess with fire .. you gonna get burned...

6 pages of comments, and I've only seen perhaps two people comment that actually have a grasp of what this article was stating. Everyone else is bitching about Best Buy and chanting for lawsuits.

Just for the "special needs" children, I'll spell it out for you;

The guy was arrested because they THOUGHT THE MONEY WAS COUNTERFEIT. Not because they thought he was a terrorist, or because they were too stupid to know that $2 bills were legal currency, or anything that had to do with George Bush, the US government, 9/11, or any of the other blatantly -retarded- things mentioned here.

Christ, I'd heard the mental capacity of this site had dropped, but I had no idea it had dipped this low. :no:

Anybody counterfeiting $2 dollar bills, gets the dumb criminal of the year award.

585741544[/snapback]

Do you know exactly what a two dollar bill looks like? If you were going to counterfeit something, wouldn't it make sense to maybe try to scam people using a legal form of currency that they might not see very often?

6 pages of comments, and I've only seen perhaps two people comment that actually have a grasp of what this article was stating.? Everyone else is bitching about Best Buy and chanting for lawsuits.?

The guy was arrested because they

585741538[/snapback]

All intelligent people know this already. The funny part of the article was a guy saying that everyone is nervous after 9/11, as an excuse for what happened.

Then some lunatics we have posting here started posting stuff about how 9/11 was a government conspiracy, how Bush is evil, and how Farenheit 911 was truthful.

Read the threa:yes:yes:

6 pages of comments, and I've only seen perhaps two people comment that actually have a grasp of what this article was stating.  Everyone else is bitching about Best Buy and chanting for lawsuits. 

The guy was arrested because they THOUGHT THE MONEY WAS COUNTERFEIT.  Not because they thought he was a terrorist, or because they were too stupid to know that $2 bills were legal currency, or anything that had to do with George Bush, the US government, 9/11, or any of the other blatantly -retarded- things mentioned here.

Christ, I'd heard the mental capacity of this site had dropped, but I had no idea it had dipped this low.  :no:

585741538[/snapback]

wrong.. "She looked at the $2 bills and told me, 'I don't have to take these if I don't want to." looks to me that she didn't know a $2 bill was legal tender... it was only AFTER the fact that she was checking them with the marker

"It's a sign that we're all a little PARANOID in the post-9/11 world."

585740702[/snapback]

Nicely said.

What does Baltimore have to do with NYC?

Who cares about the overgrown towns of this country?

Do you know exactly what a two dollar bill looks like?  If you were going to counterfeit something, wouldn't it make sense to maybe try to scam people using a legal form of currency that they might not see very often?

585741556[/snapback]

Yes I have. They look fairly hard to counterfeit. They would also attract attention and raise suspicion (which i'm guessing are 2 things counterfeiters want to avoid the most). And finally, I'd also assume they would want to counterfeit something that can actually purchase expensive things with... might as well go counterfeit nickles or dimes... :rolleyes:

Do you know exactly what a two dollar bill looks like?  If you were going to counterfeit something, wouldn't it make sense to maybe try to scam people using a legal form of currency that they might not see very often?

585741556[/snapback]

no.. this is a perfect example.. cashier didnt ever see one.. asked someone about it.. now you have 3 or 4 people looking at it... when passing counterfeit money.. you want as little attention brought to you or the money as possible

Nicely said.

What does Baltimore have to do with NYC?

Who cares about the overgrown towns of this country?

585741589[/snapback]

Biggest city in Maryland?

Ok, so the guy is a mind reader.  He knew that she was thinking they weren't real.  Thanks for clueing me in.  :rolleyes:

585741585[/snapback]

what mind reading.. SHE SAID IT TO HIM.... i doubt she was just telling him she didnt have to take them because she was an expert on counterfeit $2 bills...

only in the usa  :blink:

585741587[/snapback]

Actually, counterfeiting increased by 72% in Canada in 2003.

There was a huge increase of 72 percent in counterfeiting crimes in 2003, bringing counterfeiting up to the sixth largest crime category in Canada. While some of this apparent increase in activity could be due to the improvement in the detection of counterfeit currency, the Bank of Canada's 2003 Annual Report reported double the number of counterfeit notes in circulation compared to the previous year.

I suppose...Canadian officials never arrest anyone for suspected counterfeiting, right? :rolleyes:

what mind reading.. SHE SAID IT TO HIM.... i doubt she was just telling him she didnt have to take them because she was an expert on counterfeit $2 bills...

585741622[/snapback]

Ah, yes, of course. Tell me where she said they weren't real? Because I interpretted that as her being of the impression that $2 bills were no longer being used.

People are so retarded, it boggles my mind when I think of all the people that don't even know that $2 bills are legal tender.  :blink:

585740721[/snapback]

That reminds me of something I heard today: The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.

Poor guy. If I was him, I'd sue the store. He should get something out of it.

While that is extremely unfair, he's gotta realize that using a BUNCH of CRISP $2 bills has to look extremely suspicious.

And yes, I used suspicious twice in one sentence.

The guy was arrested because they THOUGHT THE MONEY WAS COUNTERFEIT

Ah, yes, of course.  Tell me where she said they weren't real?  Because I interpretted that as her being of the impression that $2 bills were no longer being used.

585741653[/snapback]

ok.. so which is it... she thought they were counterfeit or no longer being used...