Free Opera License

Tools -> Preferences... -> General tab -> deactivate "Show close button on each tab"

585795833[/snapback]

YESSSSSS. (Y)

It does work perfectly in Opera 8, just put in the same name and the registration code. I left the organization field blank and it was accepted.

Of course, i already had a perfectly Legal key - These one's don't work for V8 Final.

585795943[/snapback]

thats what i'm thinking, but other people are saying it does...

you're definitely on 8.0 final? 

did you upgrade from a beta?

please explain what you did.

585795977[/snapback]

Upgraded from Beta 3 of Opera 8 Beta (with ad's), went to help -> register opera, pasted the sn in. Worked just like that (Y)

I am pretty sure you can't mix license keys between major versions, and that being a key for version 7 would probably indicate why the keys won't work for version 8 (final).

thats what i'm thinking, but other people are saying it does...

585795947[/snapback]

Same problem here BroChaos. Clean install of Opera 8 Final, tried with and without a company name. Code didn't work.

It does indeed work with 8 beta 3, but it does not work with 8 final. Maybe I'll try it again when Siber Systems decides to make AI Roboform work with it.

Please mods please can we start a thread where the members click the link posted by other members and help them get free Opera?  :cry:  :woot:  :blush:

585796167[/snapback]

Read the announcement on Messenger Plus Sigs. Same story, as both are referral systems.

To settle this once and for all, it is NOT supposed to work with Opera 8 final. It says right in the email you may purchase an Opera 8 registration for the discounted price of 8 euros once you receive your version 7 code in the email. There is also a link right on the original offer page ("Kauf von Opera 8") which you can click and enter the code you got in the email to get the discount order form.

To settle this once and for all, it is NOT supposed to work with Opera 8 final.  It says right in the email you may purchase an Opera 8 registration for the discounted price of 8 euros once you receive your version 7 code in the email.  There is also a link right on the original offer page ("Kauf von Opera 8") which you can click and enter the code you got in the email to get the discount order form.

585796202[/snapback]

Which makes no sense, considering that Opera 7 users are meant to get a free updgrade to Opera 8 :s