Play CD on your computer and go to jail.

Gotta love the RIAA! I have an idea: Why don't the stop selling CDs, ban all radio, kill the internet, and remove all music from existence.

Translation:

Until I see an RIAA officer paroling my neighborhood, the RIAA can **** can **** my ******-******* ****, those ****** ******* who **** ***** and *** ****.

It's fun reading about this stuff tho. ;)

Last edited by Keldyn for excessive use of asterix and hurtful feelings towards our local RIAA patrol officers.

In addition, Turner Broadcasting, Inc Cable News Network (CNN) is now proposing that skipping commercials, even for going to bathroom during commercial break, be illegal. Excuse me??? You've got to be kidding me. I have no more respect toward CNN for their incompetent news.
Heh, what can you expect from a station run by total idiots. Watch MSNBC, it's much better.
Listening to CD on your own computer is illegal.

Are there not "fair-use" laws that prohibit the RIAA from performing these actions?

In addition, Turner Broadcasting, Inc Cable News Network (CNN) is now proposing that skipping commercials, even for going to bathroom during commercial break, be illegal. Excuse me??? You've got to be kidding me. I have no more respect toward CNN for their incompetent news.

If this is for real... and even gets thru on the court (which is very unlikely, but hey, u know the US)... I will laugh my a$$ off and be happy I live in europe. :D

and Tom, I'll be moving my family from the US to right down the street...

...we want to move out of the US anyway. I've always thought that our concept of Freedom combined with heavy taxation and laws too numerous to count was a screwball idea to begin with.

The US is a good country, dont get me wrong...its just not the only place to live.

that's ridiculous !

i now dont own a stereo since my old one broke, and use my pc as a multimedia centre now (dvd, mp3, cd, tv)

and about the tv advertising, wtf

what are they going to do next ? Ban you from switching off in the middle of a programme !?

thank god i live in the UK :D

WTF!!!!??? that's f*****g ridiculous lmao, you guys should stop living in such a place like this , see what's BUSH is doing , he amplify the wtc attack to have all rights for spying or attacking any country and more particulary IRAK ,( his dream is to attack that country). i can't believe americans elected a president like that , all that he wants is making more gas , just to feed his family

I know that it doesn't match the thread at all but i just wanted to say this cause that suck too much!

LMAO .... how stupid can these people get, god laws like this will never pass, since its our freedom to do what we want legally with things (music, software, tv) we buy.

ok. can someone tell me what the **** they are smoking? They are already making tons of money cuz the big artists like Jay and Eminem get like 5 mil per album (or something).... thas not $5,000 which i would love right now... why the hell if they are getting so much money already they want so much more.... geeze... i know his the RIAA owner/whatever wants to get a larger check this month but damn.. 500,000 isn't enough?

"I guess he's like i gotta have extra cheese on my whopper"

WTF is wrong with these people...

i would seriously love to see them try to arrest. how about i burn a richard simmons vcd for my mom and she joggs around with a portable dvd player and excersized? would they run up behind her and slap hand cuffs of her? i think not. hey, fbi, i'm listening to my cds on my comp now. please come and arrest me so i can get locked in jail for b!tch slapping an RIAA member.

Originally posted by Fallen Angel

i'll get them a spoon so they can eat my ass. :rambo:

:D :D :D yah, ill get em' a big ass spoon! thats banning your freedom, i'll move to the UK!

-OR-

i'll be "undercover" :bandit: :bandit:

-sMk

Keldyn: Move this to Real World Issues... :) (Please) :D

Has anyone read George Orwell's 1984? I think the world is slowly starting to become that way, although I have only read partial bits of it.

/me goes to bathroom during a commercial, stick an audio CD in my computer, make copies of it, and create my own mix... all for the sole purpose of spiting them... DOWN WITH THOSE MONEY-GREEDY *******S @ HOLLYWOOD!!! (DOWN WITH CELINE DION!!! :p)

They are coming up with rather impractical ideas. In a recent issue of fortune 500, a senator was quoted...from my understanding, the cpu is where all the data goes through...since it is the "central" processing system, can't we add a flag that idenitfies protected media...what if someone's random string matches that....hmm...