GCSE's......

In the UK it is time to start preparing for GCSE's (General Certficate of Seconday Education). These exams are taken by 15-16 years olds in 'Year 11', they also mark the end of compulsory education for us :)

Has anyone started revising yet? Im doing little bits (consists of watching Bitesize videos lol) and I plan to do a bit more next week. I find it really hard to revise, I often just read things and I cant even remember what I have just read :pinch:

Anyway what are your opinions/tips? Have you started preparing yourself for the exams?

P.S. My first exam is on May 18th (Spanish Speaking :( )

Edited by fred666

iv started revising since easter, going to revision classes, making mind maps all over my wall, stuff like that.

My first two are:

German Oral: 28th April

French Oral: 29th April

I am screwed for the german oral, im taking higher. Im going in and talking english :p

Took my GCSE's 2 years ago.

Revised for Maths. Got a B grade at intermediate level.

Revised slightly for science. Higher level. Got a double C, when I did absolutely jack in class. *What the hell is a hydrocarbon?*

Shoved everything else. Couldn't be arsed. Got BBBBCCCCCDD.

Now I'm taking my A-Levels, getting C's all round. Using the same 'shove it' method.

However, I'm happy with my results. It just depends how high you want to aim I suppose.

meh gots my final A level exams coming up.

first on may 26th, last on june 20 something.

I have a serious clash on one day. four exams totalling 6 hours, across two subjects, all meant to be taken in the morning. i'm ******.

haven't started revising yet, but i shall do soon. maybe.

edit: got ABBBBCCCEG for my GCSEs.... yes, it is possible to get a G. Luckily it was only drama ;)

Well I expect most of my results to be either A's or B's. Im not being big headed or anything but I would be dissapointed with a C in anything. Im in the top set for everything except for Spanish (but im still doing the higher tier for Espanol :))

Well I expect most of my results to be either A's or B's. Im not being big headed or anything but I would be dissapointed with a C in anything. Im in the top set for everything except for Spanish (but im still doing the higher tier for Espanol :))

585809687[/snapback]

Thats one thing my 'generation' missed out on at our school. Spanish. I would have so taken that. Instead we were offered German and French, which I quit at the end of Year 8 and Year 9 respectively.

I've started revising on samlearning.com. My school has an account on it. I got my first exam on MAY 19th which is the day Star Wars Episode III comes out lol, it's only German and I'm gonna fail it lol. I need 5 A* to C grades to get into College and I'm pretty sure I can do that.

I took Spanish, got a C. I'm half spanish, heh.

Martyn, I can tell you're that type of person (A/B, thinks C is ****) otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread :p

im predicted A*,A*,B,CC,B,B,B,A,C,C,D - Thats if i go all out and want to do well, but at the end of the day, all i need is 5 A-C's

i got my year 10 mocks these weeks now ... sucks but nothing compared to you guys!

585809710[/snapback]

A tip, get all your coursework done, dont hand stuff in late, it all comes back at you. Year 11 will hit you just like that, then bam, you have a test tomorrow

i got my year 10 mocks these weeks now ... sucks but nothing compared to you guys!

585809710[/snapback]

I remember my mocks like yesterday. We took them back in December 2002. In my Science paper 2, the room was seriously no hotter than about 5 degrees C.

I got an E. :pinch:

Don't get to worried about GCSEs, if you're going onto college/uni then they don't really mean much . Sure put in a bit of effort to revision if you need it (will also get you in good habits) but don't get too stressed about them or anything.

I personally did about 1h20min revision for all my subjects combined, I still got decent results (3 A*s, 4 As, 2Bs, 2Cs) but I could have done a lot better.

I'm sure you've heard this a hundred times, but you must revise !

I didn't revise, wish I had !!!!

I always saw people who say "I wish I had revised" and I always thought "I wouldn't ever be like them!" But unfortunatly I am !!!

I've got knowledge behind be, 15 years in IT, but haven't got that in writing :(

Fortunatly people saw that - But thats not the point...

All I can say in this situation, is, "I wish I could turn the clock back 5 years"

But guess what, I can't !

If I could turn it back, I would have studied to ****, and revised everthing I could !

Please, From a 19 year old to you.... You may think that it's cool to mess around during your GCSE's, but give it 2 months, it'll be over THEN you can mess about !!!

Just head my advise, and you'll be fiine !

And don't worry about the GCSE's.... As long as you study, you'll fly through them !

-=EDIT=- Please don't think like I did.... I thought I didn't need any revision coz I knew it all ----- But living in the real world now, I realise that I know **** all... Just take that one bit of advise into that exam with you !

Ya lucky, I wish I had Neowin when I took my GCSE's, then I may have passed them if I had listened to people saying things like this !

i just had french oral exam today.

the presentation part was hard for me. the examiner asked me lot of questions. i only answered some of them.

i hope i could get pass in this exam

I always saw people who say "I wish I had revised" and I always thought "I wouldn't ever be like them!" But unfortunatly I am !!!

I dont want to be like that but I find it hard to motivate myself to revise. Oh well, I suppose I will force myself to :p

I'm yet to start revising... I'll hopefully get round to doing some this weekend, if I can convince myself.

I had a Welsh oral test a few times this week - much easier than they hyped it to be :)

oral  :happy:

585811601[/snapback]

I knew there would be one! :D

The end of compulsary education?? :s Am i missing something?

585811618[/snapback]

Well yes after year 11 we dont have to go back to school if we dont want to, but im going to college! I need 4B's to get in.

The end of compulsary education?? :s Am i missing something?

585811618[/snapback]

No? It means from July onwards you are a free man. Do what you like.