GCSE's......

I predict i shall get:

English: B

English Lit: B (maybe C if i have too much Shakespeare to do.)

Double Science: B & C?

Maths: F ;)

Spanish: B

RE: B

PE: D

and for ICT i will get 4 A*-C's (expect A* in at least one of the unit's and between A-C for the other three)

12 of those ******s should be enough:P

(lots of gcse's to get:P i could push some to B's and some to A's but i messed up in year nine and year ten so i am ****** from now till the end of year 11, so i have to try for these B's and C's mostly. DO NOT take more than you can handle, even if you think you can. DO NOT miss coursework:( DO NOT skip school. both too late for me.)

All i need is what, 6 to get into any college?

im 23. never revised for any exams etc. got poor grades. still doing better than anyone my age for jobs etc. took some time to get where i am but i have over achieved what i expected.

Hopefully go alot further.

I got 6a's and 4b's last year! WIsh i would have worked, need 5a's or a*'s to get into my school's 6th form so i just scraped in!!!

I have AS levels this year - and hope to get 4a's (im predicted this) as im working this year. I hope to do law at uni. so that's why i need high grades. ahhhhh

Good luck all!

Hey All, I did my GCSEs in 2003, did a year of AS levels (Maths Physics and Electronics) (finished 2004) and Im now doing a degree in computing in university........ :D

my message to all GCSE students:

Dont listen to what people say, do what you want.....you just got to jump at the chance and look around instead of having your head in the sand.

ChocIST

Hey All, I did my GCSEs in 2003, did a year of AS levels (Maths Physics and Electronics) (finished 2004) and Im now doing a degree in computing in university........ :D

my message to all GCSE students:

Dont listen to what people say, do what you want.....you just got to jump at the chance and look around instead of having your head in the sand.

ChocIST

585814489[/snapback]

Next year I want to Maths, Physics, Electronics and Computing. Since you did most of them for A-Levels, what did you think?

i have been struggleing in my gcses and need to work my ass off samlearning and bbc bitsize dont teach u enough anybody no good reviosn ideas i need 4 a- c's to get in college. i find revising for scince hard i dont no any good ways or have n e thing good to revise from. i have a home tutor for maths and doing like loads of past gcse papers and half stuff i dont know as my skool is **** and i have had supplys since christmas. English litriture is a ****ing ass. Applied ict easy :) just scince and english need good ways to revise

I found the GSCE Bitesize website quite good, but I didn't do that much revision. I found the actual GSCE's easier than the mocks, so maybe I got lucky.

Don't worry too much about them, and guess rather than leave questions blank. 5 A-C's should be enough for most sixth-forms/colleges. BTW I went to College when I left as I'd had enough of my school, and it was quite awesome :)

I hear they pay you now ?10-?30 a week (plus additionals for coursework) in Sixth-form and College.. lucky bugger:p:p (not sure if this is only in Wales though)

i have been struggleing in my gcses and need to work my ass off samlearning and bbc bitsize dont teach u enough  anybody no good reviosn ideas i need 4 a- c's to get in college. i  find revising for scince hard i dont no any good ways or have n e thing good to revise from. i have a home tutor for maths and doing like loads of past gcse papers and  half stuff i dont know as my skool is **** and i have had supplys since christmas. English litriture is a ****ing ass. Applied ict easy :)  just scince and english need good ways to revise

585816845[/snapback]

the way im doing it is making mind maps for each section of a subject. So for science im braking it down, and doing big A3 mind maps in colour

the way im doing it is making mind maps for each section of a subject.  So for science im braking it down, and doing big A3 mind maps in colour

585817266[/snapback]

Mindmaps! Ugh, the entire year is so sick of them that we refuse to do them point blank.

ummm well if you thin about it .... Your G.C.S.E results determine the courses you do at A/s or A2 ... Alevels determine your Uni / Course .. And your degree determines your job . So revision is important :)

i haven't done much revision either for my GCSEs which are in about 4 weeks lol. I've got 9 GCSEs to revise for: German, English, English Lit, D&T Res Mat, Science, Geography, Maths, Statistics and History. :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: Help!

Next year I want to Maths, Physics, Electronics and Computing. Since you did most of them for A-Levels, what did you think?

585816837[/snapback]

If you're a good student, i.e. think you can get As in Maths & Physics at A levels, realistically, then don't bother doing Computing. It is an utter waste of time - no decent university cares about it, even if you want to study electronics/computing at university. As for going straight into a job after A Levels (if that's what you plan) then Computing A level offers no practical help (you'd have picked up everything it'd teach you by now if you were interested).

My advice is to do some other subject that you might be interested in, e.g. Economics, Geography...etc, something that shows you can deal with numbers but also interpret what they mean argue your points. Trust me on this, in the real job world, those skills count for a lot more.

Parimal

PS. I am MSc Maths & Computer Science student at Bristol University.

ummm well if you thin about it .... Your G.C.S.E results determine the courses you do at A/s or A2 ... Alevels determine your Uni / Course .. And  your degree determines your job . So revision is important :)

585818321[/snapback]

If you think about it, some people are happy being a dustman. You don't need to go to university for a good job... Its all about what you know and who you know.

If you think about it, some people are happy being a dustman. You don't need to go to university for a good job... Its all about what you know and who you know.

585818575[/snapback]

Its also about how ambitious you are.

I have my SATs in a fortnight, but they're not that important..

585817777[/snapback]

Hmm well my year 9 SATs results helped me get a placement at IBM in year 11 ( maths 8, sci 8, eng 6). It's still worth putting the effort in. It's when you stop bothering that the problems start to surface.

Don't get to worried about GCSEs, if you're going onto college/uni then they don't really mean much . Sure put in a bit of effort to revision if you need it (will also get you in good habits) but don't get too stressed about them or anything.

I personally did about 1h20min revision for all my subjects combined, I still got decent results (3 A*s, 4 As, 2Bs, 2Cs) but I could have done a lot better.

585809762[/snapback]

Actually, your GCSEs do count toward getting into university. Most (maybe all) universities specify two or three subjects at A-level or equivalent and three-five different subjects at GCSE level. Most also expect you to have Cs at least for GCSE English and Maths.

Also, how you do at GCSE may affect your options at A-level. For example you usually need a good GCSE maths grade to do A-level maths, and to do a language A-level you will probably need the relevant language GCSE.

Back on topic (nearly), it isn't a good idea to compare your revision techniques to other people's too much. Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses, and needs to revise different amounts and in different ways for different subjects. (Though I'm sure it can't hurt to exchange ideas).

However, GCSEs are not hard. As long as you do your coursework and some preparation, there is no need to stress too much. I got A*, A*, A, A, A, A, B, B, C at GCSE, and A, A, B, B at A-level. I could have done alot better at GCSE, a bit more work could have turned two of those As into A*s I think and one of the Bs into an A. Also, if I had put more effort into my A-levels then I could have got straight As.

One other thing, alot of people I know got better GCSEs than me with less effort. However, when they got to sixth form they expected to carry on in the same way (no effort) and fell on their faces, getting lower grades than they expected (I got better A-level grades than all of my friends who'd got better GCSEs). This is because you really have to earn A-levels, they are alot harder.

I have my SATs in a fortnight, but they're not that important..

585817777[/snapback]

They are quite important. I got 7,7,7 and as they were good results it got me in Set 1 for everything.

Good luck with them (Y)