GCSE's......

I'm trying not to worry. There's always an alternative if I don't get good grades.

586424393[/snapback]

Of course their will be an alternative. If I get good grades I get to go to a good college, if I get bad grades I can just stay on at my 6th form.

Here is something I made during my exams, so you can see what im aiming for and what my negative self has said I will probably get:

Personal_Exam_Target_Results_And_Probable_Results.doc

Of course their will be an alternative. If I get good grades I get to go to a good college, if I get bad grades I can just stay on at my 6th form.

Here is something I made during my exams, so you can see what im aiming for and what my negative self has said I will probably get:

Personal_Exam_Target_Results_And_Probable_Results.doc

586424468[/snapback]

what's "Distinction"? that's not a grade...

get my results tomorow :D

not too bothered

i dont know what time i am meant to be at school tho :s

586425880[/snapback]

most schools seem to be operating on a "10 oclock onwards" system.

what's "Distinction"? that's not a grade...

586425850[/snapback]

Distinction is like an A grade.

I goes:

Distinction = A

Merit = B

Pass = C

Fail = Fail

I think that is only GNVQ courses that grade stuff like that though.

Distinction is like an A grade.

I goes:

Distinction = A

Merit = B

Pass = C

Fail = Fail

I think that is only GNVQ courses that grade stuff like that though.

586425988[/snapback]

oh right GNVQ.

not "GCSE" then :whistle: :D

oh right GNVQ.

not "GCSE" then  :whistle:  :D

586425996[/snapback]

I get my GNVQ ICT result on the same day as my GCSE results though, so I thought I would put it on there.......

;)

GNVQ are now being introduded into GCSE's aswell. For example ive finished school now.. (waiting for results tomorow) but i took a GNVQ, its more or less the same as a GCSE, except its a different qualification.. anywhoo, there all the same thing really

I get my GNVQ ICT result on the same day as my GCSE results though, so I thought I would put it on there.......

;)

586426063[/snapback]

hehe yeah i was just messing.

as well as gcses, i get my result for Additional Maths (Advanced Free-Standing Maths Qualification, of Advanced FSMQ). it's a sort of bridging between GCSE and A-Level, but i've basically got all the knowledge i need for C1 to C2 or 3.

You know what GNVQ stands for? Going nowhere very quickly :p Naa kidding. They're just vocational based qualifications, GCSEs are more academic. I did GNVQ sciences, got the results quite a while ago. Got Merits across the board with one distinction, but averages at a Merit overall. According to my school, GNVQ science is the equivelent to 4 GCSEs - so going by their lies, I already have 4 B grade GCSE equivelents. But back in the real world, it's the equivelent to 2, or 1 depending on who you ask. The 6th form I'm going to said it counts as 2.

^ well arnt you smart !. id be bloody happy if i got my C in maths, but i dont think its all that likely :(

586426099[/snapback]

Not particularly :p My school (now ex-school I suppose) is in special measures, so they're bribing all the pupils. If you get 4 GCSEs A-C (or GCSE equivelent, like GNVQ) then the school give you ?100, if you get 5 A-Cs the school gives you ?200.

So I basically chose GNVQ science as an option for the money - even though the 6th form college would have much prefered if I had done Double Science (GCSE double award) or even just single science.