XBOX 360 IS HERE!

engadget are not noobs.

haha. chill dude, the power button thing got to me too, you guys are saying its beautiful i think the power button is too dam big, what about a reset button? the button by the momory cards looks like its for HDD since thats teh same picture we see on pc cases, who knows. im wondering where they got htis pic in the first place, does anyone have a mirror of something awful forums? its restricted!

why only one controller plugin area?

clearly fake&nbsp:rolleyes:s:

585814973[/snapback]

thats not a controller plugin its the IR the controllers for xbox 360 will be wireless.

P.S this has been covered in this topic allready.

It's CLEARLY not real, it isn't even a photo for crying out loud! It's more an "artist's impression" whoever created it has taken the rumours/reports of what people have said Xbox 360 will look like and incorporated those elements into a semi-believeable rendition of what it might look something like. The the most gapingly obvious problem with the picture is that the wirless controllers will definately not use infra red! There hasn't been an IR controller since the SNES days, it's a outdated and absurd technology for wireless controllers! Nintendo's Wavebird wireless controllers (and later Logitech's PS2/Xbox controllers) use superb wireless technology that I assume uses RF, not IR, and provide what I'd estimate as over 100 hours of gameplay on a pair of AA batteries. Microsoft will almost certainly use the same technology.

As for the memory card ports, well, the latest reports indicate that ther will be a version with an included hard drive, and one with a hard drive as an optional extra. There will almost certainly be memory card ports of some sort, but probably not two. They will only be used for making game saves portable, but Microsoft could just as easly make game saves part of Xbox Live, and keep them saved on a centralised server should they wish, pretty much eliminating the need for memory cards. I'm not saying this will happen, but I'd wager two front-mounted memory card ports will not appear on the final console design.

That "on" button is absurdly large as well, I'd expect Xbox 360 to look like something resembling the rendition posted, but will ultimately look much more polished and "cool" looking. After all, Microsoft are clearly going after that "cool" crowd of casual gamers who don't really give a **** about games as long as they get their fix of EA marketting-licenced-mediocre fests. :sleep:

thats not a controller plugin its the IR the controllers for xbox 360 will be wireless.

P.S this has been covered in this topic allready.

585814982[/snapback]

I would hope that XBox 360 does not use IR for it's wireless controllers :pinch:

hmm, doesn't fit.  that CAN"T be xbox 360.... it's UGLY and who would want that?

585814970[/snapback]

yeah...and the original xbox is ugly as hell. what's your point?

I would hope that XBox 360 does not use IR for it's wireless controllers  :pinch:

585815050[/snapback]

how about the dvd remote?

who knows all i know is thats clearly an IR type cover and clearly not a controller input.

hmm, doesn't fit.  that CAN"T be xbox 360.... it's UGLY and who would want that?

i think by them saying "after many false sightings" and "our sources are confirming that this is really it"

the sketeches and other such are all BS, just to get that spread around, so people have have their 15 min of internet fame.

our sources?  who's your sources.. your f-ing grandma?  EVEN if this kid knew someone in microsoft, what is the CHANCE of them saying "ya that's it." and him even working on, or even seeing what xbox 360 looks like!

damn.  and they just wanna put their site on it, to get hits.  stupid n00bs!

585814970[/snapback]

What he ^ says. :yes: FAKE !

xbox scene havent confirmed it or written it off for some reason they were slow posting it on the front page i know they knew about this pic before it made neowin even i figured they were trying to find out weather it was fake or not first i dont believe they can confirm anything and decided to now put it up anyway http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EE...ZuAvybZIcVd.php

that power button looks like it doesn't belong in the image. Just seems "off" (no pun intended).

585814957[/snapback]

yeap.

Only time will tell.

PS: I dont like it one bit, and im an xbox fanboyeeee

Edited by Alpha2004

Thought of something...

I'm sure this isn't exactly the final design because there's no property logos on the system

EDIT: I'm not saying its fake, just that the final will be more refined

I am actually convinced this is genuine,or at least an official concept. It sports the new logo, only revealed today in the MTV Advert. The Font used on the Memory Card slots, are in the custom made font "Convection" Microsoft are using for the console.

It satisfies all the confirmed design information we have heard, convex shape, ring of light (the glowing ring around the power button). The Only thing which doesnt square up, is the logo not appearing inside the simple nexus.

Perhaps they saw the logo in the documents, and not on the machine itself...

xbox-360-font.gif

post-26458-1114218402_thumb.jpg