2004 - 2005 NBA Finals

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2046257

Didn't know if this should go here or in the regular NBA thread. But I figured since this one's been more active lately I'd put it here. And I'm sure most people already heard about it but my question is: Anyone think they can bury the hatchet and he'll be back coaching them? I'm leaning towards a "no". Even if they could let bygone be bygones I don't think Phil would come to the Lakers because IMO they're not close enough to a championship team again. Remember Phil picks teams that are close and just need slight tweaking. The Lakers don't have the players, IMO. Of course, some people love Lamar Odom but he hasn't proven that he's a superstar to me. Anyway, that's what I think. Anyone else care to share their thoughts?

i'm leaning towards yes, he'll come back, that is if they get rid of those those crap players:

Grant

Butler

Divac

Odom

Atkins (maybe..)

they do nothing for the team, Walton's kid sucks too, how'd he get on the team?

and one thing. THEY NEED A CENTER!

get rid of those guys, find a center, and Phil will be back.

Pistons game starts a 4:30 PST today.. ESPN/TNT

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2046257

Didn't know if this should go here or in the regular NBA thread. But I figured since this one's been more active lately I'd put it here. And I'm sure most people already heard about it but my question is: Anyone think they can bury the hatchet and he'll be back coaching them? I'm leaning towards a "no". Even if they could let bygone be bygones I don't think Phil would come to the Lakers because IMO they're not close enough to a championship team again. Remember Phil picks teams that are close and just need slight tweaking. The Lakers don't have the players, IMO. Of course, some people love Lamar Odom but he hasn't proven that he's a superstar to me. Anyway, that's what I think. Anyone else care to share their thoughts?

585833298[/snapback]

His other choices are teams like new york or cleveland those teams dont have much of a chance of winning a championship right now either. That and phill wants 10mill a season the only person who would pay him that is jerry buss since the money would be going straight to his daughter anyways. I see phil as a laker next year, I just hope they fire mitch.

I don't think he necessarily will come back at all, yet. He may wait to see what James does after his current contract expires. Personally, even though I'm a Nets fan, I'd LOVE to see him go to Chicago (which is possible I think considering that clause in his Nike contract) and Phil returning there. Of course, with the cap it might be impossible for them to keep that Bulls team together for too long. Once those rookie contracts expire lots of guys may be looking for their paydays. I have no idea what their cap situation is like but I'm sure James himself will get top $. But if everyone's already making the comparison why not go all the way and get him there.

oh man i am so ****ed off right now :angry: why the **** aren't they televising the Pistons game on TNT,ABC, or ESPN. ****, or at least ESPN2. ******s, making me watch the live scorefeed on the site. :crazy:

sorry vice, it was on local Fox Sports. It was an awesome game DETROIT BASKETBALL

585835500[/snapback]

thats cuz i don't have Fox Sports Detroit.. i have FS West :(

i saw the game in words.. :cry: i just want to cry, i wanted to see Milicic (sp?) block and see the call on the double technical.

edit:

i'm sure Antonio was playing too.. he's good

LOL

no i don't because DirecTV doesn't let you order single channels you have to get it in packages. if i get one NBA channel i have to get them all and there is no way in hell my uncle is going to pay $100+ or whatever it costs.

EDIT:

first-round games to cable and satellite distributors including Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications, Cablevision, Bright House Networks and DISH Network.

DirecTV not listed.

Edited by Vice King

I second that, I think it will be Pistons vs. the Suns. I think that San Antonio has this skill to make it to the finals far and away, but with their injury problems Tim Duncan and the mighty Spurs arent looking their normal self.

Pistons all the way

585824553[/snapback]

It was on Fox Sports Net Detroit. FSN has 2 of 7 games (if rounds go that long) until the finals.

oh man i am so ****ed off right now :angry: why the **** aren't they televising the Pistons game on TNT,ABC, or ESPN. ****, or at least ESPN2. ******s, making me watch the live scorefeed on the site. :crazy:

585834675[/snapback]

Suns are going to get their first title ever this year. Cong. I'm excited, haven't seen this much buzz here in Phoenix since the world series in 2001.

You guys are all in denial. Knowing damn well, there isn't a squad out there that can win 4 out of 7 games against my Heat.

585839881[/snapback]

Heat had a very hard time beating the Suns and the suns vs. heat record is close. With Manu Ginobli being injured (that's what i heard at least) it'll even put them at a worse position.

also, to the op, the suns are 1-0 right now against grizz.

anyone watching the Spurs game? :omg: half time and up by 30!

585840107[/snapback]

Yeah I guess the Spurs got ****ed after game 1. Didn't see the game because I had school until late tonight. Looking at the box score it looks like Parker woke up. Plus the Spurs HIT their shots.