2004 - 2005 NBA Finals

awsome game i agree, i called game 7 after game 5, even though all my friends said it was over. the pistons can still do it!

Well he had to make up for the blown coverage in game 5 :p.

586100641[/snapback]

very true but I?ve been in alot of end of game situations back when i played hockey and you just don?t think or you forget to do something and you blow it and you feel like poo that?s all I can say!

Well, this is what the NBA needed. There has been a definate lack of urgency, drama, and close games in pretty much every Finals series since 1999. I actually haven't enjoyed the Finals this much since the Philly-Lakers series of 2001 (or 2002, can't remember). When the Sixers won game one that year I was hoping for a miracle each and every game after. Still, the Lakers dominated :x

Anyway, I expect the Spurs to pull out Game 7...but only if they have a 8 point lead going into the 4th quarter. One thing I've noticed about the Spurs and the Pistons is that the players on the Spurs tend to get rattled late in close games whereas the Pistons don't. There was some terrible shot selections late by Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker, and the Pistons just flat out beat the Spurs to every loose ball in the final quarter. So, here is my prediction...Spurs win if leading by 8 or more at start of 4th quarter.

Oh, one other thing. You know how there's always that one player who you love to hate because he plays real good against the team your rooting for but you tend to still enjoy watch him play? Rip Hamilton is becoming the next Shaq and the next Reggie Miller for me. I really don't like the Pistons at all (goes back to the Jordan Rules days...mean ******s) but I really like watching Hamilton play.

Well, this is what the NBA needed. There has been a definate lack of urgency, drama, and close games in pretty much every Finals series since 1999. I actually haven't enjoyed the Finals this much since the Philly-Lakers series of 2001 (or 2002, can't remember). When the Sixers won game one that year I was hoping for a miracle each and every game after. Still, the Lakers dominated  :x

Oh, one other thing. You know how there's always that one player who you love to hate because he plays real good against the team your rooting for but you tend to still enjoy watch him play? Rip Hamilton is becoming the next Shaq and the next Reggie Miller for me. I really don't like the Pistons at all (goes back to the Jordan Rules days...mean ******s) but I really like watching Hamilton play.

586101632[/snapback]

:yes: that was an excellent series with philly, i enjoyed every game and our house was always packed on game days. good times.

rip is awesome, i love the run, stop, jump, and shoot he does all the time. and especially Billups where he takes the ball up, he's looking for someone to cut in and he can't find one and shot clock is low, he just winds up and drains a 3 pointer. big time crowd silencer.. DEFENSE DEFSENSE DEFE *SWOOSH* ............*clap, clap*

Ah crap! I like the Spurs they are my favorite west coast team but, man the Pistons have always been my team if they are playing :( They just could not make a shot in the fourth :sleep:

today sucked.. not that they lost, i was sorta expecting that, but i was so damn sick from the moment i woke up this morning, i didn't even get to watch it being so sick, i heard a little bit of the 3rd and 4th quarters on the radio..

Congrats to the spurs...

time for a new sig. ;)

All I know is Robert Horry and Brent Barry saved the Spurs from absolute embarassment. The Pistons easily could have had a double-digit lead going into halftime if it weren't for those two. Horry had some critical rebounds late and Barry made a couple of steals and hit some shots. I think they had like half of the Spurs' first half total points.

And what on earth happens to Tony Parker in these kind of games? I cannot believe that is the same guy I saw in person absolutely destroy the Warriors back in April (he had like 35 points and penetrated the defense whenever he wanted). Granted, the Pistons are a much better defensive team than Golden State, but he also had some horrible decision making (why did he foul Hamilton on that drive at the end of the game???). Maybe it's because he's young or something but man, that has to frustrate Pop to no end.

Anyway, turned out to be a FANtastic series. First four games were blowouts, the last three were nail-biters. (Y) Can't wait for next season already (and hopefully the Warriors can sneak in the 8th seed, hahaha).

And the Lord said "Let there be a game seven." I'm glad. I think I just heard it's going to be the first game 7 in a finals in 11 years. That would mean since John Starks' choke job against the Houston Rockets in '94, right?

Glad there's going to be a game 7. Only way these two teams should be able to settle this.

586100614[/snapback]

Actually, Starks' infamous choke job was Game 6, which is why I hurt even more, because the Knicks would have won the series in 6.

His choke job is what led to Game 7, which, as I am sure you know since you remembered "The Choke," the Knicks indeed lost.

Damn, the good old days of being a Knicks fan.

Back On Topic, Entertaining Finals overall. (Y)

Actually, Starks' infamous choke job was Game 6, which is why I hurt even more, because the Knicks would have won the series in 6.

His choke job is what led to Game 7, which, as I am sure you know since you remembered "The Choke," the Knicks indeed lost.

Damn, the good old days of being a Knicks fan.

Back On Topic, Entertaining Finals overall. (Y)

586118817[/snapback]

I meant that series in general not the specific game yeah. It was the first series to go to game 7 since the John Starks' choke series is what I meant. O trust me I remember it well. I still could tolerate the Knicks back then and was rooting for them lol.

I meant that series in general not the specific game yeah. It was the first series to go to game 7 since the John Starks' choke series is what I meant. O trust me I remember it well. I still could tolerate the Knicks back then and was rooting for them lol.

586119033[/snapback]

Ahhh, I see what you meant now. I obviously misread it and thought you meant the choke was in Game 7, sorry for that.

Well, I still tolerate the Knicks, always will as they are my team, and it has been a rough past 17 years that is for damn sure (I started being a fan in 88, when I was a freshman in High School, damn I am old).

586119033[/snapback]

that was a great series, rockets vs knicks. next year was a blow out though. they labeled the houston vs orlando finals a sweep. i remember shaq crying because they got their ass handed to them.