All things GW

so the cap is 20 , thats kinda low, does it get bigger later or do we have to pay for this?

585872201[/snapback]

No it is 20 and is most likely going to stay that way. The game is more focused on skill building rather then level building. If you do PvP or GvG it is more fun that way because you have to rely on how you use your abilities rather then being able to crush someone at a lower level.

I've yet to try PVP. is it any fun? the academy part was quite amusing from what i remember. i love casting whatchamacallit that does the insane amount of damage when someone tries to cast a spell :D

I've yet to try PVP.  is it any fun?  the academy part was quite amusing from what i remember.  i love casting whatchamacallit that does the insane amount of damage when someone tries to cast a spell :D

585872312[/snapback]

Yes, its extremely fun. When you get to Yak's bend where most of the players are level 10+ PvP it gets insane in the arena. That is when you see the importance of how you use abilities/spells/etc. I have yet to find a spell or something that counter's a necro or messemer's vampire life sucking thing because it is getting real annoying. I keep getting owned by them more so then any other class.

^As the cap is low do you level slower or something? And how important are the levels?

I'll probably be getting it sooner than I hoped as family are putting money towards my broadband router :)

^As the cap is low do you level slower or something? And how important are the levels?

I'll probably be getting it sooner than I hoped as family are putting money towards my broadband router :)

585872698[/snapback]

It seems like getting up to level 10 goes quickly. After that I have been leveling up about one level a night. There are close to 100 people my guild and the highest person has level 19. Ground fighters like warriors/rangers/etc. seem to level up faster then magic users.

Some people in the game are already up to level 20. You receive messages on the screen saying such and such a guild has won the hall of heros for whatever country they are registered too. Usually it is America and South Korea that win it all the time, Europe rarely wins it. From what I understand in order to be allowed to fight in the Hall of Heros you need 8 people from your party at level 20. First you have to find the damn place, which is a quest in itself. I don't think I am going to be seeing it for months because I am not even close to reaching the area where it is at.

585872698[/snapback]

It will take you roughly 20 hours to get to level 20. It's pretty quick leveling, the bulk of the game is in questing and PvP.

Gamespot gave Guild Wars a 9.2, and they have a video review. They summed the game very well.

I AM NOT A MMORPG fan, but this one got me hooked for 3 reasons:

1. Free online gaming

2. Best gfx in this genre.

3. Easy to play

Which all equates to FUN!

I just popped in GW a couple nights ago, and have been taking it for a nice cruise for the previous days after it was installed. I have to say it is nice, very good so far, and I am not that far into the game... only level 4 right now.

Haha yeah you guys in lions arch and from then on trying to quest there gets insane!! We got owned many times... This is when i a monk is amazing to the success of the team!

all i can say is that i haven't lost sleep over a game since i was 16.  GW rocks!

585874861[/snapback]

ahaha yes!

i have lost os much sleep? man :\

It will take you roughly 20 hours to get to level 20. It's pretty quick leveling, the bulk of the game is in questing and PvP.

585872866[/snapback]

it wil ltake more than 20hrs.

i have 40hrs in 4days. level 11 -________-"

got a quick question

i'm still in the first part of the game, i did every single quest that i had. explored all the regions, how do i progress?

You speak to some guy at the gate, can't remember his name. He asks if you're sure you've done everything you want to do in Ascalon cause you won't be coming back.....

pick a secondary profession and as long as youre level 3, which I assume you are, you join the academy in ascalon, then the "real" game starts... its there by sir tydus

Just when you start the game you talk to this guy near a big gate, and he is standing like on a wooden box, like he is the speaker, talk to him and your on your way :happy:

I am now level 18 Warrior/Mesmer, have lost a bit of sleep, too, and today i found a dragon sword :woot:

i got a quick question. how the heck do you disable the overhead profession/party text you see on characters in some areas??

Where did u find it Mih4iL?!

ME wants 1!! :D

D3ft0ne

585876402[/snapback]

I found it in the Crystal Deserts, while on a mission, one of the minotaurs dropped it, but its not that good it sonly 11-16 dmg :( and you can get much better specs for that sword, but it looks aweosme, I will post some screenies tomorrow.

The crystal deserts are after a few missions you do in Kryta, and everyone is really strong in there :o nothing below level 20 (for monsters that is)

Man I am losing about 1 hour of sleep a night because of this game. Just when I think I am going to log off I see someone in the guild message "Hey does anyone want to go through Frost Gate or Lion's Arch for the 1,000,000 time?!" Somehow I freaking get sucked in and before I know it, it is 2AM and I need to wake up at 7AM. It's like Diablo 2 all over again. "Hey, does anyone want to go through all 10 floor of the Durance of Hate?!"

Has anyone been able to acquire a cilestial sigil for their guild yet to get a guild hall? Merchants are jacking them up to rediculous prices. We were offered one for 20 plat + 30 iron. If any of you or your guilds earned an extra one, we will pay a reasonable price for it.

^ so true. there's nothing like having a party of 4-5 people doing quests together and having fun. but you gotta draw the line somewhere. i probably wouldn't sleep if i didn't have to work in the morning ;)

How many people are in the Neowin guild now? I just got another ?5 towards my router so now I only need 15. I'll scrounge it from somewhere then all I need to do is buy the game and I want to join the guild.

I generally level quite quickly although I havn't been playing game slaot recently due to lack of time, I'm very competetive and hence wouldn't want to join a guild that doesn't want to get anywhere, although I find games aren't just for competition, they're mainly for fun. What's neowins guild like i.e. what are it's aims? And what are everyone's levels within the guild, would being a level 2 or 3 mean I wouldn't be able to meet up until post seer Ascalon?

^ so true.  there's nothing like having a party of 4-5 people doing quests together and having fun.  but you gotta draw the line somewhere.  i probably wouldn't sleep if i didn't have to work in the morning ;)

585877300[/snapback]

I have work in the morning and I am so dead tired. I have to stop at midnight from now on. I freaking went through Frost Gate three times and Lion's Arch missions once. I haven't advanced past Lion's Arch because I keep helping other people do missions.