All things GW

E/Mo 13 here, and exploring every inch of Ascalon. Haven't missed a single quest. :)

Althea's ashes have been moved to flame temple, which should provide for some more interesting fights (huge groups of level 8 charr, and hydras).

lol im at Bloodstone Fen at the moment! 3 Missions after Lions Arch and I am also a Knight of the White Mantle :D

Cant wait to find the next armour place lol!

D3ft0ne

not too far into the game, i'm a level 8 Necro/Warrior.

Loving it so far, i don't have much time to play till the weekends so i'm hoping that i can still make some sweet progress.

I'm having a blast so far, ive got to do that ashes quest too still along with the other 5 i have queued up..lol

I'm a level 11 E / Necro

anyone know how long the game actually is?  or does it even end?  curious.

585861700[/snapback]

The game story has no end, at least for now. By the time you finish you the first chapter of the game, second chapter will be released. Most likely a third chapter will be released.. and so on.

im a war/nec also. lvl 7 nearly 8.

whats your build? hehe

585862345[/snapback]

If you mean Guild, then none at the moment.

sadly level cap is 20, lots of people are already 20, and the people i've been talking to say that the exp, won't be out for a while and it will cost us and till then the cap will stay at 20.

I will try not to ruin anything here.  After you take the training academy mission and complete it, the one where the guy in the game by the town gates says "MAKE SURE YOU ARE DONE EVERYTHING", that is when the seering will occur.  Until then you will only be able to do things with people in pre-seering Ascalon.

To get a secondary profession you need to look for the trainers throughout the world.  The trainer will give you a mission to complete and after you complete it you will get that as your secondary profession.  For example my secondary profession is a monk and I had to talk to the monk at the monastary to get it after completing a mission in the catecombs.

585861492[/snapback]

Thanks for your reply.

I've got my second profession and I already spoke to the guy at the gates. and he asked if i was ready to leave everythign behind. The thing is, how do i know if i am ready or not. ? I would like to have everything done in the area and not accidently miss something..

Btw, my name in game is Lee Articus. << add me if you like

I had a red dotted line indicating where I've been on the map, and now it's gone.

Any idea why? I so want it back

edit :

Game Updates

Update - Monday May 2

* Restore footprints and display of path taken on map

nice to see its back !

Edited by Dr.Jones

I had a red dotted line indicating where I've been on the map, and now it's gone.

Any idea why? I so want it back

585864114[/snapback]

Removed with the latest automatic patch... most likely for a good reason, otherwise would have been fixed by now.

Thanks for your reply.

I've got my second profession and I already spoke to the guy at the gates. and he asked if i was ready to leave everythign behind. The thing is, how do i know if i am ready or not. ? I would like to have everything done in the area and not accidently miss something..

Btw, my name in game is Lee Articus. << add me if you like

585864093[/snapback]

Well, I know i missed a few quests but I went ahead anyway at lvl 7. It gets more interesting post-seer anyway.

Is anyone here getting disconnected from the server like me. Its happened a few times now and seriously begining to wonder if its ever my fault or server side !

I am level 15 Wrrior/Mesmer, i chose this becuase warrior is a tank and mesmer is a disraptor. I was thinking of warrior/monk but too man ypeople went like that. So being a W/Me imo is a nice combo becuse u can tank, and if someone uses magic on you, you reverse it or eliminate it with mesmer abilities :D

My ingame name is "Ruski Tank" (i was born in USSR) and i have already found a few Russians :D

I have found a few "buff" items now and sold a few, but i am not sure if it was for the right price, i sold a bow with 13-25 dmg for 500 gold. I already saw a few dragon swords for sale and today i might buy one of someone :cool: Anyway catch you ingame, add me if you want.

Is anyone here getting disconnected from the server like me. Its happened a few times now and seriously begining to wonder if its ever my fault or server side !

585864990[/snapback]

it happens to me about once every 3-5 hours

585864990[/snapback]

I haven't been disconnected yet.

Me neither. R/E 11 and trying to find some more water magic!

Everything I've used my expert salvage kit on has only yeilded normal crafting materials too!

Joined a Guild sometime yesterday, so I'll see how it goes.

Me neither. R/E 11 and trying to find some more water magic!

Everything I've used my expert salvage kit on has only yeilded normal crafting materials too!

Joined a Guild sometime yesterday, so I'll see how it goes.

585866023[/snapback]

the expert salvage kit will only yeild you better things if you use it on items that are "highly salvagable" or something like that

I need to find fur squares also but dont have a clue where to find them :(

D3ft0ne

585867009[/snapback]

People are always trading them in ascalon post seer all the time. You just need the $$$ for it.

Remember, a human person selling materials needs your money because they will only get crap for it if they trade it in to merchants. That is how I deal with them. I usually say "A merchant is only going to give you 20 gold for those three fur squares and I am offering you 50 gold." So if the human seller makes the deal you both win. He gets 50 gold, more then he would get selling it to a merchant, and you get 3 fur squares for 50 gold, when you would have to buy them at a merchant for like 500 gold pieces. Hope that makes sense.

what do i need to make the gladiator armour?? i'm a Necro/Warrior.

585868624[/snapback]

Necros don't get gladiator armor...and why don't you check at a crafter near you?

Got so much done today- nearly lvl 14 R/E, got my Druid armour, a lightning bow, a couple of runes, walked from Piken Square to Yak's, did the quest to get as far as Lion's Arch. Finally did Althea's Ashes and sold a load of loot too!

I'm seriously loving this game, just need a few more skills :)

/age gave me "45 hours since you created your character 4 days ago". Goodbye life..