[Definitive] Sony PS3 Thread

Phil Harrison has just stated that there will be "an amazing surprise at the end of the show".

According to Hirai, PlayStation 3 (now confirmed as the official title, apparently) will feature dual HD outputs. The supplied controllers are wireless, as stated earlier and use Bluetooth as a connection. These last 24 hours on batteries. The PSP will be a major bonus for PS3 owners. You can have remote access to your PS3 from your PSP, and you can even use a Wi-Fi connection within PS3 to use your PSP as a controller for a PS3 game. PlayStation 3 also features a "built-in network cap".

-DannyGlass

585929813[/snapback]

24 hours??? That is terrible, what's with sony with terrible battery performance. Nintendo Gamecube wavebird controllers last more than 100 hours on normal AA batteries.

LOL, 3 postings of the same info..

These last 24 hours on batteries.

i'm not liking those numbers.. I hope there are controller docks or something to plug in and recharge quickly.

Looks matter, of course. The entire world is shallow; everyone puts emphasis on presentation, whether it be the presentation of a new product at launch, the presentation of a speech, or whatever. It's important to give people a good visual impression since looks are a very strong way of expressing things.

I honestly don't understand why people that value graphics are "shallow". They are like many many others, and there's nothing wrong with wanting something that looks nice. It's what we do when we go out on dates -- we look nice. When we go to parties, we also try to look nice. I hope some of you take my point to heart. Gameplay is an essential element in games, but to be honest, I think graphics are the other 50% (or we could split it 33% gameplay, 33% graphics, 33% audio).

OMG!!

Phil Harrison has just stated that there will be "an amazing surprise at the end of the show".

585929825[/snapback]

585929826[/snapback]

I'm sooo excited, this better be good! And the console better not be ugly!

it has half the ram as xbox 360, xbox 360 and Sony have in the end the same power. the online content and games will decide this round

585929832[/snapback]

uh, no.... PS3 has 512 Ram.

i wont even THINK about desciding which of these systems i will buy untill AFTER someone has bought all of them, opend them all, taken pics and then benchmarked them.

585929830[/snapback]

Yeah benchmarks sound a fair process of selecting a console. Just look at the games library + console features and decide.

Apparently, there will be a "PlayStation P2P Online Service", although just how this works is unclear as of right now.

Apparently, there will be a "PlayStation P2P Online Service", although just how this works is unclear as of right now.

Darn! I wanted to join the race :).

LOL, 3 postings of the same info..

i'm not liking those numbers.. I hope there are controller docks or something to plug in and recharge quickly.

585929839[/snapback]

Well think about it this way, 24 hours straight playing PS3? :huh:

24 hours??? That is terrible, what's with sony with terrible battery performance. Nintendo Gamecube wavebird controllers last more than 100 hours on normal AA batteries.

585929838[/snapback]

Nintendo's Wavebird controller doesn't have feedback, AFAIK.

eh

we will see what it looks like when sony makes there offical press release regarding stats

who remembers 6-8 cell cpus in the ps3? now how now? 1 uno single

ya....

i wont even THINK about desciding which of these systems i will buy untill AFTER someone has bought all of them, opend them all, taken pics and then benchmarked them.

585929830[/snapback]

It has 7 cells. They never said it would have multiple processors, just multiple SPEs.

Looks matter, of course. The entire world is shallow; everyone puts emphasis on presentation, whether it be the presentation of a new product at launch, the presentation of a speech, or whatever. It's important to give people a good visual impression since looks are a very strong way of expressing things.

I honestly don't understand why people that value graphics are "shallow". They are like many many others, and there's nothing wrong with wanting something that looks nice. It's what we do when we go out on dates -- we look nice. When we go to parties, we also try to look nice. I hope some of you take my point to heart. Gameplay is an essential element in games, but to be honest, I think graphics are the other 50% (or we could split it 33% gameplay, 33% graphics, 33% audio).

585929842[/snapback]

Say that to one of the most successful puzzle games ever, Tetris. 33% to gameplay? So your compliant with subpar gameplay games, but good gfx?

This is exactly what I am talking about. Just go watch a crappy action movie if you just want to see explosions and hot women.

uh, no.... PS3 has 512 Ram.

585929845[/snapback]

uh ur wrong, get ur facts straight

Sony also laid out the technical specs of the device. The PlayStation 3 will feature the much-vaunted Cell processor, which will run at 3.2 Ghz and feature 2.18 teraflops of performance. It will sport 256mb XDR main RAM at 3.2 Ghz, have 256MB of GDDR VRAM at 700mhz, a detachable 2.5 inch HDD slot, six usb 2.0 ports, Memory Stick Duo, a SD slot, a compact flash memory slot, Compact flash slot, 2 hdmi outputs, 1 av multi out, 1 SPDIF optical output, and 1-gigabit Ethernet built in port

it has half the ram as xbox 360, xbox 360 and Sony have in the end the same power. the online content and games will decide this round

585929832[/snapback]

Sony has two types of RAM, one physical and one VRAM.
It will sport 256mb XDR main RAM at 3.2 Ghz, and have 256MB of GDDR VRAM at 700mhz.

Xbox360 from their spec page says: 512 MB of 700 MHz GDDR3 RAM. The PS3's main RAM is 256 MB RAM running at 3.2Ghz. When you have the processor running that fast and the RAM at that speed it can overcompensate for 256 RAM.

Gamedaily has just crashed underneath the load and it looks like CGNO did as well (according to my computer)

EDIT: CGNO is back for me