[Definitive] Sony PS3 Thread

uh ur wrong, get ur facts straight

Sony also laid out the technical specs of the device. The PlayStation 3 will feature the much-vaunted Cell processor, which will run at 3.2 Ghz and feature 2.18 teraflops of performance. It will sport 256mb XDR main RAM at 3.2 Ghz, have 256MB of GDDR VRAM at 700mhz, a detachable 2.5 inch HDD slot, six usb 2.0 ports, Memory Stick Duo, a SD slot, a compact flash memory slot, Compact flash slot, 2 hdmi outputs, 1 av multi out, 1 SPDIF optical output, and 1-gigabit Ethernet built in port

585929873[/snapback]

But somone posted before that it will have 2 sticks of 256

OMG!!

Phil Harrison has just stated that there will be "an amazing surprise at the end of the show".

585929825[/snapback]

OMG! I hope it's a The Killers live performance!!!

Mouse and keyboard, dude. How else will you play an FPS? Mind you, they might put a mouse and keyboard on a console, but then you'd need desks for everyone.

585929802[/snapback]

1. Dreamcast? :huh:

2. never underestimate a gamer and his "needs" :rofl:

eh

we will see what it looks like when sony makes there offical press release regarding stats

who remembers 6-8 cell cpus in the ps3? now how now? 1 uno single

ya....

i wont even THINK about desciding which of these systems i will buy untill AFTER someone has bought all of them, opend them all, taken pics and then benchmarked them.

585929830[/snapback]

so you are a specs ######? ;)

Mouse and keyboard, dude. How else will you play an FPS? Mind you, they might put a mouse and keyboard on a console, but then you'd need desks for everyone.

585929802[/snapback]

the keybaord and mouse for the phantom gaing console is cool

but thats where the coolness ends. the rest of that system is lame sauce.

and as i recal, halo is a fps. a quite popular one at that.

uh ur wrong, get ur facts straight

It will sport 256mb XDR main RAM at 3.2 Ghz

585929873[/snapback]

I think he's adding up the main RAM & the VRAM. By that logic .. I have 1024+256=1280MB RAM :rofl:

Sony has two types of RAM, one physical and one VRAM.

Xbox360 from their spec page says: 512 MB of 700 MHz GDDR3 RAM.  The PS3's main RAM is 256 MB RAM running at 3.2Ghz.  When you have the processor running that fast and the RAM at that speed it can overcompensate for 256 RAM.

585929877[/snapback]

the second stick is video ram for the GPU. thats why you see it says at 700 mhz, which is what the Nvidia GPU speed is