[Definitive] Sony PS3 Thread

Don't listen to them. I went in once before Xbox 360 was out and asked them about it (before the launch date or price was announced by Microsoft). They told me that MS told them it was gonna be $600 at least, and games would be $70-$80 a piece. As we all know, things turned out a bit differently on that one.

I believe that GameStop and EB will just blatantly lie to you to try and make you spend your money there and then on an already available system.

Thank god they shaved $200-300 off that price.

But...aren't the games still $70?

Sure will be interesting if next Christmas the PS3 is in a worse launch situation than the 360 was in 2005. Meanwhile the 360 will be available in massive quantities with a year worth of games available (including Halo 3?), with an HD-DVD add-on, and possibly with a reduced price tag. My prediction of a brutally painful PS3 launch in the US is looking as accurate as ever.

Thank god they shaved $200-300 off that price.

But...aren't the games still $70?

All Microsoft published games are $50. Some third-parties like EA are charging $60.

Analysts. Predictions. Rumors. Hopefully Sony confirms/denies these "rumors" soon enough. (Feb. Playstation Conference)

Sure will be interesting if next Christmas the PS3 is in a worse launch situation than the 360 was in 2005. Meanwhile the 360 will be available in massive quantities with a year worth of games available (including Halo 3?), with an HD-DVD add-on, and possibly with a reduced price tag. My prediction of a brutally painful PS3 launch in the US is looking as accurate as ever.

WHY would you predict that? Your saying its interesting to see a console like PS3 suffer?! It's good for everyone if all consoles do well, try to be open minded please.

Don't listen to them. I went in once before Xbox 360 was out and asked them about it (before the launch date or price was announced by Microsoft). They told me that MS told them it was gonna be $600 at least, and games would be $70-$80 a piece. As we all know, things turned out a bit differently on that one.

I believe that GameStop and EB will just blatantly lie to you to try and make you spend your money there and then on an already available system.

Definitely, besides they get your money interest free from the time you prepay til launch. They'll do anything for free money. But of course, it does guarantee you a copy, maybe not right at launch, but at least there WILL be one for you.

at least we were able to fit everything we offered from day one into the Xbox 360... no cuts here and there and we came out with a very good price for what we're offering inside the box... :drool: :yes:

hope Sony find a way to fit the CELL (@3.2ghz) and the RSX (@550MHz) and everything else they offered in the case, if not they're going to look like an ass among the customers and the press... :cry: :pinch: :no:

at least we were able to fit everything we offered from day one into the Xbox 360... no cuts here and there and we came out with a very good price for what we're offering inside the box... :drool: :yes:

hope Sony find a way to fit the CELL and the RSX and everything else they offered in the case, if not they're going to look like an ass among the customers and the press... :cry: :pinch: :no:

we? do you work for Microsoft? JW :huh:

WHY would you predict that? Your saying its interesting to see a console like PS3 suffer?! It's good for everyone if all consoles do well, try to be open minded please.

I predicted that based on Sony's market ineptitude and Microsoft's execution. As a gamer I'm happy to see all consoles succeed. I don'wanti> Sony to do poorly, but I think it's a distinct possibility. On the other hand, I won't pretend that I don't enjoy seeing my company succeed and execute well - and I make no apologies for enjoying their success. This is business, and business is competitive.

No big surprises here. I've always expected the PS3 to come to North America in the holiday season, and it's crazy to think the PS3 will go for the same price as the 360 (unless they start pulling out features).

It also doesn't surprise me that there won't be many games at launch for the PS3. Even with those various games being delayed for the x360's launch, I was still amazed at how many were available on the 22nd.

It's all speculation, though. Right now I just want to see what's shown at the PSC next month.

No big surprises here. I've always expected the PS3 to come to North America in the holiday season, and it's crazy to think the PS3 will go for the same price as the 360 (unless they start pulling out features).

It also doesn't surprise me that there won't be many games at launch for the PS3. Even with those various games being delayed for the x360's launch, I was still amazed at how many were available on the 22nd.

It's all speculation, though. Right now I just want to see what's shown at the PSC next month.

well, you can count on Nintendo to rain on Sony's parade... :p

if Sony and Nintendo launch at the same time you can be sure that Revolution is gonna kick Sony's ass... :devil: :laugh: :rofl: :p

yeap... "we" cuz my pal threedaysdwn also works for MS but his job is far more interesting than what I do... :happy: :yes:

This git gets paid to be a fanboy, wheras we dont :devil: :p :pinch: :shifty: :shiftyninja:

Exactly, it's not about sony being stupid. people will buy it no matter the cost, all i'm saying is that they will take a huge loss if they sell it at $400-500 dollars, just compare it to blu-ray players.