[Definitive] Sony PS3 Thread

I don't think US PS3 launch will be as bad as 360 Japan launch. :p

___

I agree I think it will be significantly Better.And I also don't doubt the PS3 on its release date,Its going to be released Srping Just like they said.

Why? Anyone that would happily pay $2000 for a gaming console that they don't even know any real details about is unbelievably absurd.

Have to agree on you with this one.

Usually my argument for a games console over a PC for games is that you can get graphically amazing games for a much lower price with a games console. But at $2000 I would put in a sock in my own mouth.

Why? Anyone that would happily pay $2000 for a gaming console that they don't even know any real details about is unbelievably absurd.

I am pretty sure he was exagerating when he said $2k, i think the point he was trying to get across is that there will be people buying it even if it is slighty expensive. (take PSP for example...analysts predicted it to be $500 and it came out being $250. That's still pretty expensive by handheld standards but its still selling)

Well, a delay wouldn't surprise me... especially seeing as how even Microsoft is struggling with production.

ms isnt struggling at anything. you think cause there were hardly any consoles released that means they are struggling, its called common sense. make your product look hard to get, make people want and want for a few months then dump a buttload and watch the money fly

ms isnt struggling at anything. you think cause there were hardly any consoles released that means they are struggling, its called common sense. make your product look hard to get, make people want and want for a few months then dump a buttload and watch the money fly

You'd like to think that, but it's not true. They really are struggling with production, namely, chip yield. However, they are not struggling with sales, every week several stores around my place get about a dozen (sometimes less) Xbox 360s in and they sell within a half hour to an hour depending on what time of day and how many people know about it. I always seem to call in a couple hours too late (trying to get one for a friend of mine). :cry:

There have been production issues, actually. Rumors claim that Microsoft is playing the "we have them but won't distribute them" game but that is false.

This answers your question

I am pretty sure he was exagerating when he said $2k, i think the point he was trying to get across is that there will be people buying it even if it is slighty expensive. (take PSP for example...analysts predicted it to be $500 and it came out being $250. That's still pretty expensive by handheld standards but its still selling)

Yay, same thing Sony is doing right now except Sony is doing it much better than MS. Not even have a product out there, makes the product really hard to get, dump buttloads of them, and watch everyone kill for them. <You actually realize how ridiculous your statement seems>?

Yay, same thing Sony is doing right now except Sony is doing it much better than MS. Not even have a product out there, makes the product really hard to get, dump buttloads of them, and watch everyone kill for them. <You actually realize how ridiculous your statement seems>?

:rofl: :yes:

Thats the dumbest comment ive ever heard. Someone should give this guy a friend or two to go outside and have a LIFE.

Calm down sea biscuit. Its dumb because you can't fork out $2k for a console? You're prob... :laugh:

On a serious note, I was exagerating.

ex?ag?ger?ate Audio pronunciation of "exaggerate" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (g-zj-rt)

v. ex?ag?ger?at?ed, ex?ag?ger?at?ing, ex?ag?ger?ates

v. tr.

1. To represent as greater than is actually the case; overstate: exaggerate the size of the enemy force; exaggerated his own role in the episode.

2. To enlarge or increase to an abnormal degree: thick lenses that exaggerated the size of her eyes.

Have to agree on you with this one.

Usually my argument for a games console over a PC for games is that you can get graphically amazing games for a much lower price with a games console. But at $2000 I would put in a sock in my own mouth.

ex?ag?ger?ate Audio pronunciation of "exaggerate" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (g-zj-rt)

v. ex?ag?ger?at?ed, ex?ag?ger?at?ing, ex?ag?ger?ates

v. tr.

1. To represent as greater than is actually the case; overstate: exaggerate the size of the enemy force; exaggerated his own role in the episode.

2. To enlarge or increase to an abnormal degree: thick lenses that exaggerated the size of her eyes.

Thank you for understanding the simple point I was trying to show. For the next time I'll be more direct for the rest of the Neowin population.

Ok to MGS3 telling me I cant afford 2k for a console. Ive bought a 52 inch plasma just for my xbox 360 which cost me close to 3.5k. Ive bought the xbox premium, 4 controllers, play an charge kits for all controllers, Xbox live gold, extended warranty, and I currently own 9 games all on the same day. For you to tell me that I can afford a system is ridiculous. I just find it dumb that a guy would spend 2k on a system alone. Check some of my threads and youll see a Alienware that ive built which would probably be more expensive than your car.

Why did you try to preorder a console that has no release date, no price has been announced for it and there is hardly any information about it? :/

Well personally I'd preorder it now if I could, because I know Sony will deliver something exciting.

Well personally I'd preorder it now if I could, because I know Sony will deliver something exciting.

i like your positiveness. :) (if that's even a word lol) :woot: :shiftyninja:

Ok to MGS3 telling me I cant afford 2k for a console. Ive bought a 52 inch plasma just for my xbox 360 which cost me close to 3.5k. Ive bought the xbox premium, 4 controllers, play an charge kits for all controllers, Xbox live gold, extended warranty, and I currently own 9 games all on the same day. For you to tell me that I can afford a system is ridiculous. I just find it dumb that a guy would spend 2k on a system alone. Check some of my threads and youll see a Alienware that ive built which would probably be more expensive than your car.

so should we bow before your 1337ness.....shut up rich boy

Kana get a REWIND ..... talk bout boasting :laugh:

Another crazy week of development has passed. We got the word from on high that we need to present our game to Sony worldwide reps at this big conference next month so the team is scrambling to put together a great presentation for that. I am going to be presenting the game to an auditorium of a couple hundred people, so that ought to be interesting. I wish we were further along so I had more to show, but I still think what we have is great so I am not too worried. The only tough thing is we had what amounts to about two weeks of advanced notice, so that is a tough one. This coupled with the finalizing of the script for our V.O. sessions that are beginning in a week or so has me running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

Speaking of V.O. I went to one of the V.O. callback yesterday and got to work with some of the actors. I really like this. It has such an immediate result. You tell them what you want, and then you hear the results instantly. It?s very different from the development side of the game where it could be days or even weeks before you get to see an idea come to fruition. Which isn?t so bad, its just different. But I can?t wait for the actual recording sessions for the V.O, not only for the instant feedback but also for the fact that another big aspect of the game will be in the bag. Well maybe not in the bag as I don?t expect our first sessions to get everything 100%, but we will be close enough that the game as whole will really start to take shape.

I got to have a look at the latest and greatest from our combat and animation team yesterday. Four new enemies are getting close to a first pass completion and they look freakin? sweet! There is one that really adds some fun new possibilities for combat and interaction with enemies. I can?t wait to see that one in its later stages.

I also got to check out some of the level art the environment guys have been cranking on the last few weeks. Again, I was blown away with what these guys are able to do. Seeing progress like that, after the numerous setbacks we have had in the last few weeks, really picks me up and inspires me. It makes me want to work harder to ensure that all the other aspects of the game are as impacting. But with this team I have no doubts that will be the case. I definitely fell I am very fortunate to get to work with such a talented team for my first game directing gig.

In other news I think I will be able to talk about the game I working on pretty soon. The specific date is not locked down yet, but it could be as early as mid to late Feb. So stay tuned for updates and posts that can actually go into specifics of the day-to-day stuff. I may switch to a different blog provider so I can do some video stuff. I think it will be a lot easier to do a video diary of my daily events, now that would cut down on the lazy factor when it comes to typing up these blogs. I think my updates are so infrequent because I can?t seem to sit down and just write a few lines then post it. Maybe I need to get better at being more succinct in my posts, and then I would update this thing every day. Or I should just shut up about it.

I watched that fantastic four movie the other day and seriously?there was nothing fantastic about it. It wasn?t a horrible movie, but I found myself bored about halfway through, and then ten minutes later I just shut it off. I think it just couldn?t compare to the brilliant Dolph Lungren ?Punisher? movie?or any Steven Segal movie. Mr. Segal?s acting has ruined me for all other movies as no one can compare with his superior emotive skills and razor sharp script choices.

GOW got game of the year with IGN, which is pretty sweet. The team is really excited to see that so many publications are giving it the nod. It makes all the lost weekends and sleepless night a little bit easier to stomach.J Hell I am just happy we were nominated next to Resident Evil 4?cause that game was great. I still haven?t beaten Krauser in the end fight, but even without finishing it the game still took me on a good ride. I will eventually go back and finish it off. Perhaps today??? I should get to work on these script revisions, but maybe after I do that I will cap Krauser in the kneecaps a bit.

All right - enough slacking from me. I gotta? get a little bit of work done this morning since I will be out at a V.O. session Monday morning.

V.O. session Monday morning.

http://corybarlog.modblog.com/

Credit for this find goe:)to Red of the psi-next forums. :)

I'm thinking it's going to be a new IP. And I guess this kinda confirms the Feb. event, if anyone was having doubts.

Huh? What's not good about it?

Sorry, don't want to undermine the hard work you're putting into the software, but I'm just not a fan on Windows Desktop Search - I hate how it sticks itself everywhere.

This article has picked out the interesting bits (http://www.ps3land.com/news/article227.php):

A developer for an untitled game has posted some interesting comments in his blog.

Cory Barlog was the Director of Animation for God of War, a game for the PlayStation 2 that has received extremely positive reviews.

In his latest blog entry, he specifically refers to an event taking place very soon:

"We got the word from on high that we need to present our game to Sony worldwide reps at this big conference next month..."

At E3 last year, when Sony revealed the PlayStation 3, a schedule of events was shown. One of the key dates was the PlayStation Conference, due to be held in February this year.

"I am going to be presenting the game to an auditorium of a couple hundred people, so that ought to be interesting."

Unfortunately, he has not explicitly stated that the game currently in development is in fact for the PlayStation 3. However, this "big conference" is unlikely to focus on PlayStation 2 and PSP games, especially since the Spring 2006 launch window for PS3 is fast approaching. This has given hope to many PlayStation fans that a God of War II for the PlayStation 3 may be in the making.

Many gamers were disappointed when the Consumer Electronics Show in early January passed with no new information from Sony about the PlayStation 3. This has lead to many analysts drawing up their predictions - some of which suggest the PS3 is suffering major delays.

No specific date for the PlayStation Conference has been announced. This has caused considerable confusion, since the date for DevStation, a developer conference focusing on PlayStation 3, has already been set for 1st and 2nd March.

However, the blog further confirmed that an important date is arriving in February:

"I think I will be able to talk about the game I am working on pretty soon. The specific date is not locked down yet, but it could be as early as mid to late Feb."

This could be the end of the Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) imposed by Sony on game developers. Whenever this agreement does end, there will be a lot of news flooding in, and we'll be there to tell you about it.