[Definitive] Sony PS3 Thread

I have my own lil predictions that the PS3 will release around autumn time in Japan, and then release in November over in USA and Europe will get it in March. I don't think it would make sense to release a console in summer time. No doubt it would still sell well, but closer to the holiday period makes more sense to me.

There is two ways to look at it for me, releasing the PS3 later than expected is going to lose them some market share and interest from buyers. However releasing it later is going to drop the costs of the Blu Ray drives a little surely?

Just my thoughts anyway.

Nothing. As childish as this may sound, Spartan triggered it off...

excuseme me but it was you the one who turned this post upsidedown and now you say it was me...

how about this trigger? :s

What you think Microsoft's Desktop Search technology is actually interesting??? :rofl:

Ok to MGS3 telling me I cant afford 2k for a console. Ive bought a 52 inch plasma just for my xbox 360 which cost me close to 3.5k. Ive bought the xbox premium, 4 controllers, play an charge kits for all controllers, Xbox live gold, extended warranty, and I currently own 9 games all on the same day. For you to tell me that I can afford a system is ridiculous. I just find it dumb that a guy would spend 2k on a system alone. Check some of my threads and youll see a Alienware that ive built which would probably be more expensive than your car.

Yeah, sure, rich boy. Whatever floats your plasma.

BTW, no.

Ok to MGS3 telling me I cant afford 2k for a console. Ive bought a 52 inch plasma just for my xbox 360 which cost me close to 3.5k. Ive bought the xbox premium, 4 controllers, play an charge kits for all controllers, Xbox live gold, extended warranty, and I currently own 9 games all on the same day. For you to tell me that I can afford a system is ridiculous. I just find it dumb that a guy would spend 2k on a system alone. Check some of my threads and youll see a Alienware that ive built which would probably be more expensive than your car.

Extended Warranty... your e-penis just officially shrunk 4 inches.

' date='Jan 23 2006, 22:24' post='587107040']

Yeah, the Sony 'remote'.

Are you trying to be sarcastic? Of course they will have a remote for the PS3 they had one for the PS2 and so dose the 360! :)

Are you trying to be sarcastic? Of course they will have a remote for the PS3 they had one for the PS2 and so dose the 360! :)

I'm quite sure what wild meant wasn't a remote, but a Sony-branded REVMOTE clone. But I don't expect something like that, Sony wouldn't dare to pull a stunt like that. Even if they wanted to jump on the bandwagon, it would be way too late - maybe for PS4... :)

I saw this posted over at the PS3 IGN forums.

This is all speculation please take it with a grain of salt

I stopped by my local Gamestop to pick up my copy of DMC3SE (great game, every PS2 owner should get it). I saw the clerk (also my friend) talking to a lady who came to ask for a PS3 preorders. He explained to her that they aren't taking preorders yet BUT Sony is about to announced the whole deal by Friday and they will be taking preorders for PS3 on Saturday.

The lady left (she was talking about shortages and stuff, I assumed her son/nephew whatever missed out on an Xbox360 so she was concerned this time around) and I approached the clerk to purchase DMC3SE. After my purchase, I asked him about the PS3. He specifically stated that this Friday (the 27th) Sony will release a lot of information concerning the launch, including the date, the price, the games and the bundle. I asked him what else he learned and he said frankly that Sony is stealing Xbox's Live system and upgrading it.

His exact quote:

"Yea Sony doesn't care nor do they have any shame. They are basically stealing Xbox Live and making it better, just like they have been doing in the past. I don't really care though but that's just how it is."

I talked to 2 other clerks there and they said the same thing. I don't think they learned this off the Internet or anything, the guy was extremely confident of this news. Has anyone heard of this from any other store? I am taking this with a grain of salt but I have rarely seen anyone so confident about his news. He was telling the other customers the same thing...

Source: http://boards.ign.com/ps3_general_board/b8...08505080/p1/?59

Now IF this is true this would rock! :woot: Just have to wait and see I guess........... Opinions? :blink:

i am almost certain that will not happen. lol, those clerks seem to know everything, -- though they are never right.

Sonys big announcement is coming in Feb at their conference thingy.

I stopped reading at "stealing Xbox Live and making it better"

Will be interesting to see if they announce anything. Though I doubt it given the state I hear the PS3 is in.

Interesting, though I would really take this information with a huge GRAIN of salt. I mean serioulsy, gamespot; ebgames; and even your mom and pop shop can say wat every they will, but by now we would have herd something about this or at least a few more hints. Another thing is he mentions the 27th. Only problem is he doesn't give a specific 27th, this 27th could be tomorrow, february 27th, hell even march 27th..

then again to think about it, wal-mart and a few other retail chains have been posting ps3 related things, as though something was to be announce or a idea.. I'm not sure but I'm still taking this with a grain of salt.

I doubt it, but you never know.

I can see them announcing everything @ E3 though (which is in May).

And then selling it the next day in Japan. Then just in time for the holiday season in N. America.

lol, yeah, every rumor i've ever heard about next gen stuff has always managed to start at some ebgames/gamestop clerk.

These guys have absolutely no idea that they're bulls***ing their customers...they seriously need to be gagged from spreading FUD.