[Definitive] Sony PS3 Thread

hmmm I highly doubt its true, what I would like to know is what is the gamestops dude "source." I wish it was true tho because Im anxiously awaiting info on the release of the PS3 And more info on it, and also when I may be able to reserve one.

lol i highly doubt it that will happen, steal xboxlive??? WTF where did they get that from, i dont think the source for xboxlive has been made public or leaked... how will sony get it, unless they code it up themselves and make it look like live......

as for the other rumours well why are they gonna take pre-orders when they dont even know the final price of the console. Im guessing that they will be ripping many customers off when it comes to pre-orders on saturday or whenever.

But seriously if the ps3 was going to make a spring release then something should have came out at CES, but what they hell, February it will be na d i hope they actually have something playable this time round. If not then i cant see them release before E306

lol i highly doubt it that will happen, steal xboxlive??? WTF where did they get that from, i dont think the source for xboxlive has been made public or leaked... how will sony get it, unless they code it up themselves and make it look like live......

as for the other rumours well why are they gonna take pre-orders when they dont even know the final price of the console. Im guessing that they will be ripping many customers off when it comes to pre-orders on saturday or whenever.

But seriously if the ps3 was going to make a spring release then something should have came out at CES, but what they hell, February it will be na d i hope they actually have something playable this time round. If not then i cant see them release before E306

No offence but they meant stealing xbox live, as in, starting their own online-service based on the same ideas ;)

The guy who created XBOX Live now works for Sony again...

...you do the math.

While I sincerly doubt news being released on the 27th, I bet he's right on the money with the Playstation Live service.

If this is not true why then would that gamestop clerk even say that to the customers? Lying like that wont make customers happy. :no:

Edited by American Ninja

If this is not true why then would that gamestop clerk even say that to the customers? Lying like that wont make customers happy. :no:

Huh? They don't give a damn if the customers are happy - as long as they buy a PS3, they're happy.

Huh? They don't give a damn if the customers are happy - as long as they buy a PS3, they're happy.

how can they buy a PS3 if what he said isnt true? lol No one will be able to pre-order one tomorrow lol

From Kotaku

Tons of PS3 Details Revealed!

Grab a plate, because we got a mouthful of juicy morsels regarding the PS3. According to the March issue of PSM, Sony?s new console will be going for MSoft?s online jugular. Bloody, yes. But, this is war. Supposedly.

We reported on Sony?s online plans earlier in the week after a scan from PSM appeared. Well, it seems there?s another page. According to the mag, the PS3 will apparently have an online service that floors Xbox Live. The PS3 will also be your new Tivo and double as a DVR. There are more games being developed in the US than previously thought. The PS3 Final Dev kit is faster than expected. There will be a download service similar to iTunes (which I hope Sony doesn?t totally effe up with their own software). The PS3 will serve as a Location Free Player for the PSP, which means you?ll be able to check out DVDs and Blu-ray?s from your PS3 via the PlayStation Portable. Moreover, the PSP will be able to control the PS3?s DVR functions and send files to the PS3. Developers are being told to prep for a fall release.

Wow. This kinda makes me glad that I bought that PSP.

Full Story Here[PlayStation Boards] via Full Story Here

" Reuters reported that Sony has confirmed a spring 2006 launch date for PlayStation 3, but no territory was specific, so the system maybe launched in Japan first. Sony has denied the online reports about the PS3 launch been pushed back to Q4 2006."

www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

its a good sign...the japan realease is probably in spring but NA will get in fall or womething..but still a good sign :D

it had been conformed

When is it?

This is the last I remember hearing about it in Sept.(IGN):

With the system having missed out on its playable debut at TGS, you might be wondering when gamers will get a chance for a first hands-on test. Originally, SCE was scheduled to hold a Japanese event in February that would give players a chance to play PS3 games. Earlier, we mistakenly reported that this event had been cancelled. However, Saeki actually reveals to the magazine that SCE will be taking a somewhat different approach in holding the event. It's something that will surprise gamers, but it's being kept a secret for now.

Well if the PS3 launches in Japan in Spring it will only hurt Xb360 even more there. But Sony shouldn't leave NA/EUR (other areas etc) in the cold for too long!

There are two developers conferences for developers only if that is what you are referring to:

- DevStation (March 1-2)

- Destionation Playstation 2006 (Feb. 27 - March 3)

And the one that possible announcements could be made before E3:

- Game Developers Conference 2006 (March 20-24)

dates marked