[Definitive] Sony PS3 Thread

Usually closed threads do not = correctness. :laugh:

Depends on the topic. In this case the definite thread is annoying.

Weird if true, the US will have the console before Thanksgiving and the fact they would release it in Japan that close to the Revolution release if the Revolution is being release in the fall in Japan.

I have a friend that works for Sony and is unable to confirm the September release date for it.

"Some question whether Sony is trying to cram too much into the new box"

I don't think they are at all, parents will have more reasons to buy it,

to play movies, play games, go online, share pictures with people, chat, watch tv and record, etc.

Plus everyone in the house can use it, not just kids or adults who play games :)

Now lets hope you can do all this and more, if not and its just a console that plays games and movies, and isn't any different and will focus at gamers only. I think consoles should be able to do more than just games and movies.

this console will be amazing.. after it re-designs thier controller.

And assuming the rumors that it grills, toasts, slices, dices, and records your TV shows at the same time are all true. :laugh:

If you were right, It would have been done.

stay on topic please.

HA. Dont give me that bull. There is an anti-ps3 thread right now on the console forums. It hasn't been merged, but the HUB one was. Explain that wonderful decision...

So why hasn't this thread been merged....hmmm...i wonder....:rollseyes:

And now we see the gigantic mess I was talking about.

Moving swiftly on, in relation to this BuisnessWeek article (check page 86 or 87 or 88 :rolleyes: ), Sony have nothing to worry about imo. They know, and we know, that there'll be good games worth buying. And any amount of media functionality will not detract from that.

And now we see the gigantic mess I was talking about.

Despite some member actions, I happen to agree about sub forums and a dialog has been created regarding it. No promises. I do suggest next time being mature about it at least.

I am so sick and tired of every damn PS3 thread getting merged into this jumbled mess. STOP IT MODS!!!

LOL, you read my mind.

Despite some member actions, I happen to agree about sub forums and a dialog has been created regarding it. No promises. I do suggest next time being mature about it at least.

Thank you! :) And if not that, could you guys just consider letting some of the bigger PS3 (and even Revolution) announcements/topics have thier own threads. These definitive threads are just too hard to keep track of.

Well the Taipei Game Show 2006 February 16-20 is under way wonder what PS3 news will be announced? :blink: :)

Official Site: http://tgs.tca.org.tw/

Wow, the 16th got here fast. I hope we hear something. They're really killing me.

Is it me or are they trying to play catch up?

PSM mag reveals new PS3 details

posted 9:09am EST Mon Feb 06 2006 - submitted by Matthew

BLURB

The latest issue of PSM has a slew of new details relating to features that will be included in the forthcoming Playstation 3 console.

We all know that the machine will have a Blu-Ray drive in it, but apparently this isn't going to add much to the cost, since the CELL chip and supporting hardware can handle all the processing. Meanwhile, standalone Blu-Ray players will be more expensive, since they will need the hardware to handle playback that the PS3 has in place anyway.

A forthcoming online service will be called the Playstation Network, which will offer matchmaking and a ranking system. Sony also plans an iTunes-style store for music and film. The best part is the PSP tie-in feature, which allows you to transfer your downloaded digital media onto the handheld for playback. The PSP will also be capable of acting as a remote for playback on the PS3. Finally, the PS3 will also act as a digital video recorder (DVR), therefore replacing the need to buy a separate box such as a TiVo.

If the PSM article is correct, then Sony may have just gone and kicked Xbox Live into second place. Since the machine will act as a DVR and have an online store, it is clearly the only box you need under your TV. The tie-in with PSP will also add to its appeal, and probably increase sales of the handheld as well. The article also mentions that the PS3 will have regular firmware updates, meaning Sony is going for a similar approach to its PSP initiative and should make things a little more difficult for hackers.

For more, please see Eurogamer

its pretty dam good news...and i like the name for the PS3 online :)

GDC 2006: PS3 Keynote Announced

Phil Harrison to speak about going "Beyond the Box."

by Jeremy Dunham

February 16, 2006 - The official GDC newsletter has announced that Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios President, Phil Harrison, will be holding a keynote address on March 22. To focus on the creative, technical, and business opportunities that PS3 presents, the hour-long presentation will be titled "PlayStation 3: Beyond the Box" and is expected to be one of the most popular keynotes of the Game Developers Conference.

"Mr. Harrison's talk comes at the perfect time for the eager developer audience at the GDC," Jamil Moledina, director, Game Developers Conference, said. "His discussion will answer many questions developers have for Sony at this stage before the impending PS3 launch."

We'll be back with Phil Harrison's comments following the presentation in just a little over a month.

Source

PS3 E3 SECRETS UNVEILED! PLUS PS HUB UPDATE!

Exclusive: One major PS3 monster confirmed for E3, PS3 God of War goodness and flagship title encounters Resistance!

10:05 You'll probably already have read yesterday's story about the proposed PlayStation HUB, the new codename for Sony's planned PlayStation online service for the PS3.

It was a great scoop from our friends over at Next-Gen.biz and immediately sent our news antennae into overload as we digested details on what Sony had in store for its PS3 and PSP online service - you can find out the full details by hitting the link below.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=134343

Subsequent to this report, we spread our tendrils across the world wide web to track down further details on the service. Speaking on conditions of strict anonymity, one of our own ultra secret and highly reliable sources informed CVG that HUB details were being kept firmly under lock and key for the moment and that, while the HUB moniker is one of the favoured names, it's still hasn't been finalised and is just one of several proposed titles being considered.

However, CVG's very own deep throat went on to reveal further hot info on PlayStation 3 titles that will be actually be there and in the flesh at this year's E3, with an 'absolutely gorgeous looking' SOCOM 4 confirmed for the show and likely to be a PS3 launch title.

You want more PS3 loving? Well, you'll get it in the form of a newly confirmed PS3 God of War title, which we have to say has us salivating in utter delight because its PS2 debut was absolutely cracking - we can't wait to swing Kratos' chains in anger all over again on Sony's next-gen machine. God of War PS3 may not actually make it to E3, but is apparently well into development; and interestingly, both it and SOCOM 4 will also be appearing on PS2, underlining Sony's commitment to its favoured current-gen son for the next few years.

Finally, we've got one last nugget of PS3 goodness to share with you, as we can exclusively reveal that Ratchet and Clank developer Insomiac's amazing looking PS3 shooter I-8 - and one of Sony's biggest PS3 titles - has been renamed. Prepare to meet ....(sound of drum roll) Resistance.

More exclusive PS3 goodness on CVG soon.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?pa...y.php?id=134356