Sony Ericsson K750i

cold14

i have the K700i and it PWNES ALL :devil:

i want this so bad .....

Dazzla

I don't know how to use the remote control app. There's a few sub categories in the remote control section, Presentation, Media Player and Desktop. I've not looked into it yet, maybe later.

Apparently a site has got their hands on a version of the K750 with CCD:

http://www.jaymarts.com/news_activity/webb...sp?rqP_id=13256

1. It could be fake and 2. If it's real then the pics are so small it's hard to tell the difference in the comparison pics.

There's also some info about another headphone set:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=651808

chechthisout2jk.jpg

3.5mm jack included, could be ideal.

DeleteMePlease

Could you take a photo with the k750i and the headphone set plugged in?

Dokt

Just got one of these myself last week. Review's spot-on. It's funny how people tend to be either Nokia or Sony/Er users - a bit like ATi/Nvidia or AMD/Intel. I'm Sony all the way, but the wife is definitely a Nokia fanboy. I don't bother with the supplied software - Float's Mobile Agent is about a million times better. :cool:

edgrale

God damnit!

I was going to buy it, went to the store and they even had five of them!

But, Sony Ericsson messed up and accidently sent them with US (110v) chargers :angry: :angry:

Now I have to wait untill next week! :blush:

samy14

LOL^^ these things happen (quote)

Damo R.

Brilliant Review and Jealous of your gadgets..lol...:p

Dazzla
Just got one of these myself last week. Review's spot-on. It's funny how people tend to be either Nokia or Sony/Er users - a bit like ATi/Nvidia or AMD/Intel. I'm Sony all the way, but the wife is definitely a Nokia fanboy. I don't bother with the supplied software - Float's Mobile Agent is about a million times better.  :cool:

586048489[/snapback]

Cool, I'm downloading it now. I still haven't figured out the bluetooth media player thing, I can't be assed to read any documentation either :/

PaulCabby

wow nice pictures/review Dazzla (your my new best friend, hehe)!

also whos that babe in the second post, first picture?

BGM

Went down town to get one of these today.. been recalled apparently.. :(

i got two stories one was that there was a problem with a screensaver freezing the phone, and the other was SMS messages not being recieved properly..

any firmware bugs so far dazzla ?

anyway, ill grab one in a few weeks.. no worries :D

Dazzla

Screensaver and messages work fine.

BGM

thats the winamp/bluetooth thing (among others) isnt it?

Dazzla

Wow, this FMA software is really nice :| I'm gonna have a real delve into it and post some impressions in this thread.

Dazzla

Yeah, the FMA works flawlessly, connected first time and synced instantly. I saw in the script editor it's got iTunes, but when I try and connect the remote control from the phone it just fails.

Ji@nBing

How is it compared to equivalent Symbain software? I know you have a 7610 as well, have you tried any remote software for it?

Dazzla

That's what I'm trying to get working now. From what I can gather, with the FMA software, when the scripts are installed (which I have now) it should appear under Connectivity -> Accessories. There I'll find controls for stuff like iTunes, Winamp, WMP, MPC the lot. Loads. Thing is it's apparently broken on the K750 so the devs are getting it to work now.

That's the only thing I miss, although I never found any decent BT Symbian remote control software for windows I had Salling Clicker for OS X and that was quality. This can offer something similar once it's "unbroken" :D

Ji@nBing
That's what I'm trying to get working now. From what I can gather, with the FMA software, when the scripts are installed (which I have now) it should appear under Connectivity -> Accessories. There I'll find controls for stuff like iTunes, Winamp, WMP, MPC the lot. Loads. Thing is it's apparently broken on the K750 so the devs are getting it to work now.

That's the only thing I miss, although I never found any decent BT Symbian remote control software for windows I had Salling Clicker for OS X and that was quality. This can offer something similar once it's "unbroken" :D

586050416[/snapback]

I used to have an awesome bluetooth Symbian remote app for Windows when I was back in Canada, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. I didn't back it up or bring it with me when I came to China because I have no bluetooth here on this PC. If I remember what it was or find it, I'll post it here for you and you can compare. The FMA software does sound awesome though. I hope they fix it for you soon.

Rahul

nice collection of toys you got dude , but apart from the psp even i have all of them !!!

antoxicion

dont know if it was mentioned earlier but this phone is nothing compared to new Nokia's comming out soon like the N Series for example

jlmodell

THanks for enlightening me about that FMA... REALLY cool program; =D

Dazzla
dont know if it was mentioned earlier but this phone is nothing compared to new Nokia's comming out soon like the N Series for example

586051682[/snapback]

Well, that's a matter of opinion. The 3 N series they announced were mixed.

The N90 has a few nice features, nice high res screen and 2MP camera with a carl zeiss lens. But it's absolutely ****ing huge, so I'd rule that out.

The N91 is the one with the 4GB HD but it's got the same old res screen as all other S60 phones like the 7610 (less then the K750i) and apart from that it's the same as any other S60 phone, except it's pretty ugly with tiny buttons.

The N70 looks nicest to me, still a little on the chunky side, same res as old S60 phones, 2MP camera and there's not really anything of note.

I just fail to see how thye blow it away personally.

DerkPY
ill post photos when i get my phone i think o2 online get stock on the 20th if so ill have this done by the end of the month

586033967[/snapback]

When I rang up, the guy said the order comes through on the 20th, so he'll put my order through on the 21st.

I think you should get it whenever the person you spoke to orders it. I think they just add your order to their diaries and order when that date comes round. I don't think their's an actual "list" as such.

But it's not like their gonna run out. If it's taking 3 weeks to get them in, they must of ordered a fair few phones. Enough to cope with the amount of people who have pre-ordered and for the rest of the expected demand for it.

CeNoEviL

Hi,

I have just purchased a 750I - and have still got my 700I - I wish to transfer my txt messages from the old handset to the new one...

Any one know how I could go about this?

Oh yeah - K750i is a wicked phone - got it the day it came out in UK, sim free; works a charm and I have no gripes about the handset at all. Good review though..

Seano

DerkPY
Hi,

I have just purchased a 750I - and have still got my 700I - I wish to transfer my txt messages from the old handset to the new one...

Any one know how I could go about this?

Oh yeah - K750i is a wicked phone - got it the day it came out in UK, sim free; works a charm and I have no gripes about the handset at all.  Good review though..

Seano

586052668[/snapback]

Use a program called Float's Mobile Agent.

You should be able to back everything up on it... then transfer it onto your new phone.

I know you just plug the K700 in a sync the inbox etc, and that will copy all of the msgs + phonebook to your PC. But I'm not to sure about how you can transfer it onto you K750. I'm sure it can be done... I just don't know how!